'23 TX S Peyton Bowen (Notre Dame Verbal)

Irishnuke

CFB Message Board Guy
Reaction score
This is one of those maybe he ends up at ND and maybe he doesn’t, but either way you have to wonder why he bothered “committing” to ND when he did when he clearly was nowhere near done with the process.
Reserve your spot where you’d want to go if you weren’t getting paid, but then go out to search for the highest bidder. It’s gross but with NIL being the shit show it is I don’t really blame these kids.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn’t listen to it myself but he was live with IPC Twitter space. Said he wasn’t planning on taking OV’s. Hopefully that’s true but seems like there is some mixed messaging on that.

Rack Em

Community Bod
Reaction score

Please don't apply that logic to QB

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Free Interview from Loy

On his pledge to the Fighting Irish: “I’m locked in right now. Things can change obviously like come December time, but other than that I am straight.”

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score

Chicago Domer

Reaction score
He expects the big NIL money to show up in final bidding. It will be interesting if fewer guys sign early now due to the NIL When kids sign elsewhere it opens up some NIL money at schools.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
He expects the big NIL money to show up in final bidding. It will be interesting if fewer guys sign early now due to the NIL When kids sign elsewhere it opens up some NIL money at schools.
Throw in the coaching merry-go-round and December/January could be an absolute shitshow.

TheRealLynch51

Reaction score
Free Interview from Loy

I took it as as long as the coaching staff is the same, then it'll be fine.

Dale

Reaction score

Dale

Reaction score
Don’t really know what to think of the commits take visits thing at this point. It’s just a ongoing can’t put the genie back in the bottle at this point, and I don’t know if you can understate Moore’s impact on that to some degree. If I’m Bowen I’m thinking why the hell can’t I OV to Oregon if Dante can. Same as Moore, hold your nose and wait till the end recruitment. Keep after Downs and land Hanafin.

Irish4life

Reaction score
Don’t really know what to think of the commits take visits thing at this point. It’s just a ongoing can’t put the genie back in the bottle at this point, and I don’t know if you can understate Moore’s impact on that to some degree. If I’m Bowen I’m thinking why the hell can’t I OV to Oregon if Dante can. Same as Moore, hold your nose and wait till the end recruitment. Keep after Downs and land Hanafin.
Well Dante isn't committed for one lol. Personally, if Bowen goes through with OV's to anywhere but ND, I'd let him walk.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Yeah the whole “committed” thing is makes Bowen feel different - and less likely to end up in our class - than Moore, though maybe the staff learned a lesson with Bowen not to take commits before kids are really ready to commit.

Irishnuke

CFB Message Board Guy
Reaction score
Yeah might as well not count him as committed. Gonna be a bitch to hang on to a lot of these kids, especially this dude.

CHIDomer9

Reaction score
You may not like it, but there is a hierarchy when it comes to OVs and commitments. I don't care if Keeley and Bowen ride the USC horse or anything else, they are welcome in this class.

If Preston Zinter does that, you recruit over him and move on.

Some players are more important than others. They are now and they will be after they are enrolled.

Had CJ Williams still wanted to come to ND after taking his OV to USC, every single poster here would have been OK with taking that commitment. Why? Because he is/was important and he is/was a top of the board player. The same goes for Keeley and Bowen.

Irishnuke

CFB Message Board Guy
Reaction score
You may not like it, but there is a hierarchy when it comes to OVs and commitments. I don't care if Keeley and Bowen ride the USC horse or anything else, they are welcome in this class.

If Preston Zinter does that, you recruit over him and move on.

Some players are more important than others. They are now and they will be after they are enrolled.

Had CJ Williams still wanted to come to ND after taking his OV to USC, every single poster here would have been OK with taking that commitment. Why? Because he is/was important and he is/was a top of the board player. The same goes for Keeley and Bowen.
I don’t disagree, but it does look shitty to other recruits. You’d hope they’d understand the situation but they’re 16, 17 so who knows.

I think most reasonable people wouldn’t really consider Bowen committed at this point. ND lean probably but not a commit, at least not based off taking OVs.

KPENN

Tip your vBookie
Staff member
Reaction score
Christian at ISD says his official visits are a way to get his younger brother on campuses.

Irish4life

Reaction score

Singer says there's nothing to see here, and that Bowen is expected in the class. Does not believe he takes an OV to anywhere but ND.