‘23 TX CB Micah Bell (Notre Dame Verbal)

NDMatt91

Reaction score
The LSU site feels good about Gray too.

How can things be trending to ND & LSU at the same time? LOL

The LSU site says that Gray will end up at LSU eventually, according to their sources.

I know it has been reported Gray loves ND but just can’t tell Steeples no.
It'll be interesting to see who turns out to be right. Driskell and Shaun Davis believe ND is the front-runner and that Gray feels bad about turning down someone he is close to, but they expect him to choose ND. Shaun mentioned that he has some connections to some of the STL kids (Gray and Love). Also mentioned that Gray and Love have a good relationship and have been talking about ND.

Reaper97

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see who turns out to be right. Driskell and Shaun Davis believe ND is the front-runner and that Gray feels bad about turning down someone he is close to, but they expect him to choose ND. Shaun mentioned that he has some connections to some of the STL kids (Gray and Love). Also mentioned that Gray and Love have a good relationship and have been talking about ND.
That sounds good.

The mod on the LSU On3 site sticks to his guns that sources within LSU who have always been good to him say that Gray will end up signing with LSU.

NDty9

Reaction score
This kids athletic traits are ELITE !!! .... would be ecstatic to have him!

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Rivals drops their new 250 today. Will be interesting to see if and where he is ranked. Never seen a ranking for a recruit so all over the place:

247: 55 overall #8 CB
ESPN: 128 overall #9 CB
On3: Unranked, #41 CB
Rivals: Unranked, 5.5 3 star, #45 CB

I'd think for his elite speed alone that would get him a top 250 ranking.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Might take 2-3 visits (ND included) prior to commitment date according to him. With that said, he has a 7v7 the weekend after ND I think he said and he has nothing planned this weekend. ND lock.

Said he believes Coach Mickens when Mickens says he’s the best at what he does.

Said he talks to Freeman all the time but rarely about football.

Side note, he is very well spoken, but also doesn’t seem amused by Malik at all lol.

DONTH8

DefinitelynotCoachD
Reaction score
Doesn’t an 8 usually means the kid already committed & they don’t want to say 9 because it gives it away?

giphy.gif

DONTH8

DefinitelynotCoachD
Reaction score
Even with Sinclair?
I didn’t think he put in picks usually unless it was over.
Nah, honestly you are spot on with your assessment. I just laugh that they try to hide behind an 8 instead of a 9 for whatever reason. So subjective and literally doesn't do anything.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Both Loy and Wiltfong have re-iterated their confidence in their CB’s post visit.

Premium update from Kyle Kelly at Rivals.

The Rivals update makes it seem like he’s going to take unofficial visits to Baylor and Houston this coming week.

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
Are Bell and Gray both better than Rhett? What are the opinions here. Could have been a blessing in disguise

Irish Man3

Reaction score
Are Bell and Gray both better than Rhett? What are the opinions here. Could have been a blessing in disguise
IMO, no. Gray and Rhett are comparable where Bell is a better athlete than corner at this point. Bell may prove to be better than them all when he’s able to focus on just playing CB in college, but as of right now, the other two are better at the position.

arrowryan

Reaction score
I think Gray has the potential to be a true menace in the secondary. A guy that can come in and play right away, but probably not start.

Bell is a wild card. He has speed that our secondary hasn’t seen since Troy Pride. To me, he looks like someone that covers the slot and/or comes in during dime/nickel.

NDIrish88

Reaction score
I think Gray has the potential to be a true menace in the secondary. A guy that can come in and play right away, but probably not start.

Bell is a wild card. He has speed that our secondary hasn’t seen since Troy Pride. To me, he looks like someone that covers the slot and/or comes in during dime/nickel.
Is agree with this as well. Was actually hoping the staff would take another corner comparable to Gray as well. Wagoner is a bit of a tweener to me. He doesn't quite have Grays length and not quite Bell's athleticism

Dale

Reaction score

I don’t think Gray or Bell really come close to Rhett in technique right now. Both are better athletes and Gray’s length on top of speed gives him a higher ceiling. Gray I think has decent natural ball skills but needs improvement before the ball is in the air.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Based on his highlights, with that speed I don't see how this isn't the slot WR we've been waiting for.

It's almost like you land him and then get him into fall camp to sort out where he might play long term. My goodness he's fast.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Like at WR with Tease, I'd just take all the skill guys that you think can play and figure it out later. I know there are a lot of BPA's available but if it's me, I'm loading up on Hanafin, Greathouse, James, Tease, Flores, Wagoner, Bell, and Gray. Figure it out later. Maybe Tease is a CB and Bell a WR. Maybe Hanafin is a S/LB and Tease a WR. I don't care. I just think we're in a good position with a lot of skill guys that can play and I want them all to reset the depth charts.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Like at WR with Tease, I'd just take all the skill guys that you think can play and figure it out later. I know there are a lot of BPA's available but if it's me, I'm loading up on Hanafin, Greathouse, James, Tease, Flores, Wagoner, Bell, and Gray. Figure it out later. Maybe Tease is a CB and Bell a WR. Maybe Hanafin is a S/LB and Tease a WR. I don't care. I just think we're in a good position with a lot of skill guys that can play and I want them all to reset the depth charts.
Agreed. The good thing about players like Tease and Bell is if they either bust or are buried on the depth chart at WR and CB, respectively, they have the talent to play on the other side of the ball. I'd even argue the same thing with M'Pemba. I think he's more of a DE, but if he wants to play LB he's too talented to pass up. You give him a shot at LB and if he outgrows the position or is a better fit at DE then he'll play there. He has also played some TE, and if he somehow busts or is buried on the depth chart at LB/DE then with his athleticism he could be a nightmare mismatch at TE for opposing defenses.