‘23 TX CB Micah Bell (Notre Dame Verbal)

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
10.41 is the fastest I saw reported.

Troy Pride was still in the 10.8's as a Jr.

Lenzy & Tyree topped out in the 10.6's.

You’re right. I was mixing up his numbers with Nykoles Harbor who just ran a 10.28 at 230 pounds :oops:

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score

Aka - realling f&*^%ing fast

Love his potential and he could be one of the first defensive players to return punts/kickoffs.

317Irish

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s easy enough to find out who his lead recruiter is, but is this in part due to Chanci’s ties to Texas?

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s easy enough to find out who his lead recruiter is, but is this in part due to Chanci’s ties to Texas?
Also, lead recruiter isn't much of a factor anymore. Typically the position coach will be point person, but not always.
Freeman is the "lead" of every player now it appears.

laughingirish90

Reaction score

scary thing about this kid is that he only weighs about 165 or so according to the irishbreakdown podcast yesterday on youtube and so who knows how much faster he can get after a year or so in a good strength and conditioning program like ND's in South Bend

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’d say his track season is going alright.

He’s ran a 10.41 100M. 20.89 200M. And long jumped 24 5.25.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Along with the 20.89 200m, he backed up his 10.41 with a 10.46 yesterday at the Conference Meet.

I added his R&R's to his profile. We've never really talked about it:

247 has him at #55 Overall / #15 CB. ESPN #9 ATH / #128 Overall. Rivals & On3 have him as #300-#400.

I tend to agree with the 3* assessment as a football player today. As a prospect, that speed makes you a 4*+ but not #55 IMO. I think ESPN nails it here. I'd rate him at ATH cuz there's nothing in his film that says he's gonna be a good CB. It's offense first film... and he doesn't have great wiggle, it's all pure, top end speed. Best fit from film? KR for now. Maybe he's never technically sound at either CB or WR? Devin Hester wasn't and he turned a 10.42 HS 100m time into a (future) HOF NFL career.

GoIrish41

Paterfamilius
Reaction score
Along with the 20.89 200m, he backed up his 10.41 with a 10.46 yesterday at the Conference Meet.

I added his R&R's to his profile. We've never really talked about it:

247 has him at #55 Overall / #15 CB. ESPN #9 ATH / #128 Overall. Rivals & On3 have him as #300-#400.

I tend to agree with the 3* assessment as a football player today. As a prospect, that speed makes you a 4*+ but not #55 IMO. I think ESPN nails it here. I'd rate him at ATH cuz there's nothing in his film that says he's gonna be a good CB. It's offense first film... and he doesn't have great wiggle, it's all pure, top end speed. Best fit from film? KR for now. Maybe he's never technically sound at either CB or WR? Devin Hester wasn't and he turned a 10.42 HS 100m time into a (future) HOF NFL career.

Hester was a pretty solid corner in college.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Hester was a pretty solid corner in college.

His Soph year he was statistically but not really his Jr year. If his technique matched his physical skill set, he’d have been a first ballet hog at CB

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Only CB from Loy for the good guys.

That's good right?
Driskell and Singer feel good about him. They also feel things are trending in the right direction with Christian Gray. With Bell deciding on the 1st and Gray on the 4th, we could be getting our corner recruiting wrapped up. Depending on what happens with Caleb Downs, we could also push for Jasiah Wagoner as a 3rd corner in the class.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Only CB from Loy for the good guys.

That's good right?

Singer CB'd him last week.

One of the Rivals national guys CB'd last month too.

Dean agrees with the rat pack... or is that pack of rats?

PoorAridAlbino-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very good news. Though It felt unlikely he was going to wait until Nov. if he wanted in the class. Provided they didn’t completely strike out at CB.

Te'o4Heisman

Reaction score
Driskell and Singer feel good about him. They also feel things are trending in the right direction with Christian Gray. With Bell deciding on the 1st and Gray on the 4th, we could be getting our corner recruiting wrapped up. Depending on what happens with Caleb Downs, we could also push for Jasiah Wagoner as a 3rd corner in the class.
I would definitely think we need 3 corners in this class and probably every class moving forward, especially if we want to play a lot of nickel moving forward. We need to always have at least 3 if not 4 legit corners on the roster, so taking 3 a years or at least every other year allows for the inevitable miss, injury, transfer etc without leaving us in a position where we are weak at one of the corner spots…something you cant be to compete for nattys in todays game.

Reaper97

Reaction score
The LSU site feels good about Gray too.

How can things be trending to ND & LSU at the same time? LOL

The LSU site says that Gray will end up at LSU eventually, according to their sources.

I know it has been reported Gray loves ND but just can’t tell Steeples no.