‘23 TN QB Kenny Minchey (Pitt Verbal - Offer)

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
I’m still thinking this is kinda funny as there hasn’t been even a whisper of mutual interest on his part.

NDpendent

Reaction score
I still like Dante better, but they have similar skill sets. They can prolong plays outside of the pocket but they continue to look downfield and are pass first guys. They can both make the quick throws and fit balls into tight windows.

My only thing about Minchey is he completed a lot of heavily contested deep throws. They were dimes of throws but I saw at least a couple that seemed to go over the top of some triple coverage and it's great that he's confident enough to do that against his competition now, but I doubt he's going to get chances like that as he moves up.

It's funny to me that anyone has concern about Minchey's height when we were ready to take Moore who is certainly shorter.

I also for some reason doubt that this will be some kind of easy flip, but I do think we can pull it off.

I agree Dante Moore is much better, Minchey no doubt has the strong arm of the two and brings a little more athletism in the pocket, Minchey isnt a runner by any means but he is more willing to run. DM has the quicker release and much better footwork. Both are very confident in the pocket. I think with good coaching Minchey can be very similar to DM in alot of ways.

I thought DM was an inch taller then Minchey?

Dale

Reaction score
Minchey is definitely shorter than Moore but not by much. Same with Moore versus Sayin. I never really got why Moore’s height never had any critique whereas Sayin got it all the time. Talking 6’1 vs 6’2 in both discussions IMO

NDpendent

Reaction score
Minchey is definitely shorter than Moore but not by much. Same with Moore versus Sayin. I never really got why Moore’s height never had any critique whereas Sayin got it all the time. Talking 6’1 vs 6’2 in both discussions IMO
Because his hair makes him look 5 inches taller then he is. He always looked like a tall kid

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
I’m still thinking this is kinda funny as there hasn’t been even a whisper of mutual interest on his part.
I know he hasn't said anything, but isn't the fact that he put on Twitter that he got an offer (from what I've read, the only offer he's posted about) something?

He's not going to publicly say he's interested and piss off Narduzzi. That guy is crazy.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
He's a committed prospect who tweeted about an offer from a bigger program that for most people would be the no-brainer better choice. That's at least a whisper.

BeauBenken

Shut up, Richard
Staff member
Reaction score
Someone posted a pic of he and CJ Stroud standing for a pic and I’d say same height with eye test. Maybe his hair made him look same height, but it’s close. There is no chance in hell he’s any shorter than 6’1. I’d say he’s pushing 6’2 as stroud is listed at 6’3. I did not see an inch of height difference by any stretch. Maybe .5 at shoulder height at most.

Maybe Dante's line is just that much taller? But it would seem odd to me.

Either way, I don't think Minchey is short enough for it to be some great concern.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
Marcel Reed is listed as 6’1

Attachments

• 9CDDAB34-5798-43BB-B304-5C1F80973A2E.jpeg
    9CDDAB34-5798-43BB-B304-5C1F80973A2E.jpeg
    904.3 KB · Views: 23

Domina Nostra

Reaction score
When I watch AN and this kid, I like this kids arm better. I don’t get why everyone like AN’s arm. However, maybe AN will get stronger because he’s taller.

And for me, I HATE short QBs, but as long as you are 6’1”, I don’t care at the college level.

We also need a dual-threat.

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Novosad in the 2022 class probably is the 7th best QB after Walker Howard / Devin Brown. Think he's a borderline top 100 talent.

Dale

Reaction score
I think it’s near impossible to watch both films and not say Minchey is better as of this past fall. The only argument for Novosad is more potential or a drastic off-season improvement or both. The fall tape is clearly Minchey IMO though.

NDpendent

Reaction score
I think it’s near impossible to watch both films and not say Minchey is better as of this past fall. The only argument for Novosad is more potential or a drastic off-season improvement or both. The fall tape is clearly Minchey IMO though.
I feel like people just like Novosad based soley on rankings. If you actually watch the film Minchey is much better

T-Boone

Reaction score
You can really tell which QB is better from their highlights. Need to see there bad/average play. How many throws are at the ankles

Dale

Reaction score
The Elite 11 final rankings by Elite 11 are not based solely off the event when they were together. Buchner finished in the final 11 when he by all watchers stunk at the Final. It’s also listed alphabetically to end not in order.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
The Elite 11 final rankings by Elite 11 are not based solely off the event when they were together. Buchner finished in the final 11 when he by all watchers stunk at the Final. It’s also listed alphabetically to end not in order.
I wasn't going off the final rankings. He reportedly performed better than several QBs ranked ahead of him in the 247 composite, and those reports caused some to think he's closer in quality to Moore, Rashada, et al than his ranking would imply.

I don't have strong feelings about it either way. But it seems like his stock increased a bunch after the Elite 11 specifically.

Dale

Reaction score
I wasn't going off the final rankings. He reportedly performed better than several QBs ranked ahead of him in the 247 composite, and those reports caused some to think he's closer in quality to Moore, Rashada, et al than his ranking would imply.

I don't have strong feelings about it either way. But it seems like his stock increased a bunch after the Elite 11 specifically.

I don’t particularly care either just clarifying what we’re looking at with these rankings posted. The Elite 11 staff is Dilfer and a few others. The pay sites all have an agenda with their ranking. It’s meh importance.

The sites (247, On3, SI) had this:

5. Minchey 6. Novosad
6. Novosad 7. Minchey
5. Minchey 10. Novosad

Elite 11: Minchey & Novosad

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
What is funny?
It's a figure of speech for ironic we have 8 pages and nobody is providing any facts about whether he's interested or not besides 1 Twitter post thanking ND for the offer.

As far as whether he's good, I think it's a no brainer. His tape is impressive and he beat the overhyped obsession Dante in at least 1 event and was not blown away by anyone at the camp. He's not short and he is underrated. I love his ability to drop the ball where he wants it. I see nobody on tape this year that does that better than Minchey. I want him badly, but I don't hear any noise other than forum talk.

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score
It's a figure of speech for ironic we have 6 pages and nobody is talking about whether he's interested or not besides 1 Twitter post thanking ND for the offer.

As far as whether he's good, I think it's a no brainer. His tape is impressive and he beat the overhyped obsession Dante in at least 1 event and was not blown away by anyone at the camp. He's not short and he is underrated. I love his ability to drop the ball where he wants it. I see nobody on tape this year that does that better than Minchey. I want him badly, but I don't hear any noise other than forum talk.
isnt it a dead period? what exactly is supposed to be happening to indicate level of interest?

Deirishpisser

Reaction score
It's a figure of speech for ironic we have 8 pages and nobody is providing any facts about whether he's interested or not besides 1 Twitter post thanking ND for the offer.

How would you compare his level verse Angelli? Feels like its a situation where last year we took early and people were not thrilled not going after "elite". While this year we went after "elite" and didnt get it done, and now would be thrilled with a talented, but three star prospect. Just curious how people would compare the two qb's.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
Novosad's recruitment started with a twitter offer. Maybe Minchey was up in the air on if he had interest. Maybe he posted the ND offer on twitter to get Pitt to pay up a little bit more. Nobody knows anything except Minchey and, hopefully, the staff. Hell, the "insiders" could be getting fed stuff by the coaches that isn't true.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
How would you compare his level verse Angelli? Feels like its a situation where last year we took early and people were not thrilled not going after "elite". While this year we went after "elite" and didnt get it done, and now would be thrilled with a talented, but three star prospect. Just curious how people would compare the two qb's.
I personally feel Minchey is FAR better than Angeli based on the tape I have watched and the buzz I have heard about him. But what do I know.

irish4ever

Reaction score
Novosad's recruitment started with a twitter offer. Maybe Minchey was up in the air on if he had interest. Maybe he posted the ND offer on twitter to get Pitt to pay up a little bit more. Nobody knows anything except Minchey and, hopefully, the staff. Hell, the "insiders" could be getting fed stuff by the coaches that isn't true.
Now who would do that?