‘23 TN QB Kenny Minchey (Notre Dame Verbal)

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Minchey starts '23, '24', splits some time with Carr in '25 before getting drafted.
Carr redshirts '24, gets some time in '25, gets to be the man in '26 with 3 years left to possibly play.

Mavericknyc1980

Reaction score
Minchey starts '23, '24', splits some time with Carr in '25 before getting drafted.
Carr redshirts '24, gets some time in '25, gets to be the man in '26 with 3 years left to possibly play.
This is exactly how I would approach it. I’m sure the staff was very transparent with him.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
QB’s who split time the season before the draft are almost universally not drafted.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
LMFAO NFL-calibre college QBs don't split time to make a younger QB happy.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Jimmy3Putt

KooL
Reaction score
Starting as a true freshman?
I thought we were bringing in a transfer? Minchey starts in 24 and then in 25 a fierce competition starts.

If I was Carr I would've reclassified and avoided this.
What's actually happening is better for the school so... yay!

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
What happens when Tommy gets a five star in both '25 and '26?

Bluto

Reaction score
They all earn Notre Dame Men honor for waiting their turn…
…behind a yet to be identified, undersized 3 star who comes outta nowhere to win the starting job. Haha. Just kidding, but maybe not.

FOTY977

Reaction score
Gotta get past this mentality of whose “turn” it will be in a given year. Need 3 studs battling it out every year knowing you’re never more than a play away from the starting job, whether it’s a grad transfer or true freshman. There will be attrition, and that’s OK, that’s the era we’re in. Keep the funnel big at the top with high caliber talent every way you can get it.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's be real... what we’re looking at is:
-They will try for a transfer QB this off-season. If they get one, then you’re looking at a 4-way open competition for the starting job in 2024. Carr will redshirt.
-If they don’t get one, it’s likely a 3-way competition next year and then whoever wins the job will hold it for ~2 years and then Minchey/Carr will compete in 2025.

All other scenarios involve injuries or transfers.

SeekNDestroy

Reaction score
-They will try for a transfer QB this off-season. If they get one, then you’re looking at a 4-way open competition for the starting job in 2024. Carr will redshirt.
-If they don’t get one, it’s likely a 3-way competition next year and then whoever wins the job will hold it for ~2 years and then Minchey/Carr will compete in 2025.

Don’t you think they’ll try to get a transfer in time to enroll for Spring semester?

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
K

super unrealistic,… Minchey has at least three Heisman trophies by 2025

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Starting as a true freshman?
I thought we were bringing in a transfer? Minchey starts in 24 and then in 25 a fierce competition starts.

If I was Carr I would've reclassified and avoided this.
What's actually happening is better for the school so... yay!
Na, fuck it. Lets see how the OL is in the Spring. If they're dominant I don't care about a transfer. Between Minchey, Buchner, Pyne, and Angeli we should be able to put something together. At the very worst Minchey gets early experience for a '24 run or we fall back on one of the upperclassmen. No guarantees an undrafted washout will be able to out perform those guys. We got lucky with Coan that the Wisconsin staff were idiots.

StPaul_Irish

Reaction score
Probably a bit of both. Rees did his job and locked it up, but it seems like Minchey reached out to ND to express his interest.

Add to it that the Mincheys are big ND fans, KM reaching out and KM seeing the qb play here. Tommy only had to not royally screw it up. After KM reached out it was about 99% over.

Dale

Reaction score
“Coach [Marcus] Freeman and Coach [Tommy] Rees kept in contact between the time they offered and now,” Minchey explained. “My parents were pushing for me to take interest in Notre Dame, but I was locked in with Pitt. But when Coach Rees texted me a couple weeks ago, I told my parents, and we had a sit-down conversation about it. That’s when we opened it up and planned on going on a visit the following weekend”

Minchey did not initiate. Rees continued on him and he finally reciprocated in a new manner.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Add to it that the Mincheys are big ND fans, KM reaching out and KM seeing the qb play here. Tommy only had to not royally screw it up. After KM reached out it was about 99% over.
I mean, shouldn't we also give Narduzzi at least a little credit here? He ran off the OC who developed Kenny Pickett. Would be surprised if that whole thing didn't give Minchey some second thoughts about Pitt.

StPaul_Irish

Reaction score
I mean, shouldn't we also give Narduzzi at least a little credit here? He ran off the OC who developed Kenny Pickett. Would be surprised if that whole thing didn't give Minchey some second thoughts about Pitt.

Forsure and I am sure it was a big reason KM reached out and started the process