'23 SC OT Monroe Freeling (Offer)

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score
so this is Sam Hartman's HS right that was featured on QB1 on Netflix back in the day. Is the HC from Hartman's time still there? Hope they got a better practice field cos they seemed to always be practicing in a kiddie pool
Yes Oceanside is a relatively new charter school so its not funded like public schools and the area is generally reclaimed wetlands and very low or near sea level. Lol. I dont live too far from here and my house is at 10' above msl. I dig a hole for a post or something and I hit groundwater at like 3' down.

Look at the difference btw OCA and Wando ( one of the largest schools in the state and in the highest tier football in SC)
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

NDFAN420

Reaction score
Thanks for posting all of these

edit: that Rivals guy is a horrible interviewer! What about Clemson, what about Clemson, what about Clemson?

Last edited:

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
Thanks for posting all of these

edit: that Rivals guy is a horrible interviewer! What about Clemson, what about Clemson, what about Clemson?
Rivals guy interviews him for eight minutes and never asks what schools are standing out. Rivals guy just asked about specific schools and Freeling responded accordingly.

NDFAN420

Reaction score
Rivals guy interviews him for eight minutes and never asks what schools are standing out. Rivals guy just asked about specific schools and Freeling responded accordingly.
Yep. I watched his other interviews. He's terrible.

Dale

Reaction score
He was at the UA camp in Atlanta where On3/247 + Singer were. Seems rather accepted this is a ND - Clemson head to head bout. Definitely visiting in the Spring, potentially the Blue/Gold Game.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
I really want Freeling and Okunlola in this class. But if Absher jumps in and we still feel good about Jagusah. And Siereveld is under consideration.....

Who do we end up with if there are 3 spots? 4?

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Per Wiltfong, spent time with Aaron Taylor. talking about the legend that is Harry Hiestand. Sounds like it hit home.

“Obviously Coach Hiestand has a track record of developing offensive linemen and that has always been very important in my decision making process,” Freeling said.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
All the more head scratching that BK didn't allow alums around the program more often. Not only allow them, but straight up lean on them. Idiot.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
This kid has McGlitchyesque physique

He's ahead of schedule compared to McG. Junior year for McG was his first year playing OL only and he was still more of a TE-Power Forward type. Freeling's a house right now.

Reaper97

Reaction score
All the more head scratching that BK didn't allow alums around the program more often. Not only allow them, but straight up lean on them. Idiot.
According to Prister, Sampson, Driskell, etc…, that wasn’t a Kelly thing. That was something that had been going on back through Weis, Willingham, Davies & even Holtz at first.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
According to Prister, Sampson, Driskell, etc…, that wasn’t a Kelly thing. That was something that had been going on back through Weis, Willingham, Davies & even Holtz at first.
Fair enough, but clearly it wasn't forbidden as Freeman is doing it now. Wild that it took this long to figure out something so obvious.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reaper97

Reaction score
Fair enough, but clearly it wasn't forbidden as Freeman is doing it now. Wild that it took this long to figure out something so obvious.

Yeah, no one really knows why it was that way, they just said it was a strange thing that ND coaches didn’t really bring back more players.

stpeteirish

Reaction score

It can really backfire on you if the former players aren't happy with the current coach. I bet that was the case for at least half of the last 25 years.