'23 PA RB Marquese Williams (Minnesota Verbal)

clashmore_mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
9882389.jpg

Running Back
Harrisburg, PA
Bishop McDevitt

Measurements
Ht: 5'10"
Wt: 185

Ratings
247 Comp: :s::s::s::s: 0.9281 Composite, #9 RB, #199 Overall
247: :s::s::s::s: 90 Rating, #5 RB, #175 Overall
Rivals:
ESPN: :s::s::s::s: 81 Grade, #15 RB, #222 Overall

Offers
Notre Dame
Arizona State
Arkansas
Boston College
Bowling Green
Central Michigan
UCONN
Kent State
Maryland
Michigan State
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Rutgers
Syracuse
Texas A&M
Toledo
Virginia
Virginia Tech
West Virginia

Last edited by a moderator:

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow ok.

I've read different places that he wasn't going to get an ND offer. Even read that he wasn't going to be a McDevitt this year.

Glad he did and hope he stays there. From the sounds of it, it's still a very pro-ND school.

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
Last year - miss Shipley - upgrade Estime (my opinion)
This year - miss Singleton (this year) - upgrade Williams (next year) (my opinion)

Not bad.

NDIrish88

Reaction score
Wow ok.

I've read different places that he wasn't going to get an ND offer. Even read that he wasn't going to be a McDevitt this year.

Glad he did and hope he stays there. From the sounds of it, it's still a very pro-ND school.

Let's see how this plays out. He is still at McD, thank god. Their OL isn't great so I worry about injury. If he has the books then this may not last long.

This kid reminds me of Tyree. His game speed and build are very close. Not sure what his track speed is though

Last edited:

ColinKSU

I'm Colin NOT from Kansas
Reaction score
I sure hope Lance Taylor doesn’t have to battle any big programs for this kid, because it’ll be sad to see ND lose another impact RB recruitment.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I sure hope Lance Taylor doesn’t have to battle any big programs for this kid, because it’ll be sad to see ND lose another impact RB recruitment.

I mean, C'mon now. I think folks got a little carried away with Lance being an elite recruiter but during his time he's landed Chris Tyree, Audric Estime, Logan Diggs, and Jadarian Price. They'll have plenty of impact on Saturdays.

Last edited:

jspags10pg

Reaction score
I think Lance is a very good recruiter. Tyree was a borderline 5 star. It really seemed like ND was a COVID cancelled visit away from landing a 5 star last cycle in Will Shipley and now Lance reeled in a very good back from Texas in JD Price and I still think ND is in the hunt for Singleton until he signs. Plus, he's a good coach.

GUknights75

Reaction score
I like the offer. He looks closer to 5'8" than 5'10" but he is only what, 15-16 years old. He is very agile, great in open space, and has the speed to take a 95 yarder to the house. I can't wait to see his Jr. film.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Lance is a very good recruiter. Tyree was a borderline 5 star. It really seemed like ND was a COVID cancelled visit away from landing a 5 star last cycle in Will Shipley and now Lance reeled in a very good back from Texas in JD Price and I still think ND is in the hunt for Singleton until he signs. Plus, he's a good coach.

Price is higher in the composite than Dallas Hayden. And, prior to his commitment, Jamie U had Price higher than Hayden as well.

NDIrish88

Reaction score
McD got torched 21 zip by LaSalle College, even playing without their two studs on D.

LaSalle front seven just imposed their will all night. McD has a freshman QB and the O line is young so Williams may have a long season. This kid is a good back so we will see how this season plays out.

Polish Leppy 22

Reaction score
McD got torched 21 zip by LaSalle College, even playing without their two studs on D.

LaSalle front seven just imposed their will all night. McD has a freshman QB and the O line is young so Williams may have a long season. This kid is a good back so we will see how this season plays out.

La Salle is a top 10 program in the state at 6A and McD plays 4A. Not too surprised with that outcome.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
What's the ceiling at Minnesota? Sacrificial lamb in the Big Ten Championship Game to Ohio State?

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Illinois really missed the mark on not getting Fleck when they could have. Granted I don't think he's going to stay at Minnesota forever, but you have to think what he's done there to this point is absolute gravy for them. He'd be legendary at U of I with his current win-loss record up there.

zelezo vlk

Reaction score
Illinois really missed the mark on not getting Fleck when they could have. Granted I don't think he's going to stay at Minnesota forever, but you have to think what he's done there to this point is absolute gravy for them. He'd be legendary at U of I with his current win-loss record up there.
They didn't even ask to interview Freeman after 2020 and went with Bielema instead. I just don't know what they're thinking in Champaign Urbana

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
They didn't even ask to interview Freeman after 2020 and went with Bielema instead. I just don't know what they're thinking in Champaign Urbana
Bielema gets $4.2M a year at U of I. They probably could have gotten Freeman for less.

Bielema being from IL was the easy tie in, and I'm sure they are thinking he can replicate the Wisconsin model for them. They'd be fine with that kind of success.

I think Fleck would have done an incredible job at Illinois. He recruits in the Freeman mindset that you have to do it well, 24/7/365 and that the HC should be involved with everyone.