'23 OK CB Micah Tease (Offer)

Dale

Reaction score

Made a decent amount more DB, DB coach references about his Top 10. PSU is definitely WR. Mentioned the MSU WRs coach but not sure about if that means WR recruit.

On ND: “He’s (Freeman’s) gonna take them somewhere and they’re gonna shock the world”

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score

Made a decent amount more DB, DB coach references about his Top 10. PSU is definitely WR. Mentioned the MSU WRs coach but not sure about if that means WR recruit.

On ND: “He’s (Freeman’s) gonna take them somewhere and they’re gonna shock the world”
Wish he would've slipped up and said, "We're going to shock the world"

Rogue219

Reaction score
I lean toward liking his skills at receiver more than corner. That slot WR role some of you wanted Gallagher for would work with this young man, no?

Dale

Reaction score
Loy and Singer thinks this trend elsewhere in the end

Dale

Reaction score
How many corners is ND going for this cycle?
2-3 it’d guess with decisions coming here pretty quickly.

Tease may still want O, to which it’d think we have a better chance with him than Hamilton as a slot type, but doesn’t appear to be the main pitch from ND right now.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
VIP from Loy.

"I’m open to play wherever, but if I had to pick it would be receiver. I met with both position coaches. They just want me."

Loy admitted his quotes give a different impression than his comments in a previous article where he said he thoughts he'd end up elsewhere. He also commented on that there are likely a few WR's on the board ahead of Tease and this will likely come down to if the offensive staff pushes for him sooner rather than later.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm all in on Tease as slot WR and have no idea why it's even in question. Though this won't be the hill I die on, lol.

Reaper97

Reaction score
I'm all in on Tease as slot WR and have no idea why it's even in question. Though this won't be the hill I die on, lol.
If ND is confident in Gray & Bell, and even Wagoner…why wouldn’t they 100% be pushing slot WR?

Dale

Reaction score
ND bucking the trend and having a true slot WR is certainly a want but in reality all these things are fighting it:

- TE usage/tradition
- Stuckey’s Clemson background
- NDs NFL WRs
- Modern “NFL” offenses

Irish4life

Reaction score
ND bucking the trend and having a true slot WR is certainly a want but in reality all these things are fighting it:

- TE usage/tradition
- NDs NFL WRs
- Modern “NFL” offenses
I mean, you can have both elite TEs and elite slot WRs lol....

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score

- TE usage/tradition
- NDs NFL WRs
- Modern “NFL” offenses
Right. It's the ultimate luxury for a roster like ours. We're always mooning over a shifty Z WR, but we haven't ever utilized the position well, nor do we need one with our TE room.

Plankton

Reaction score
If ND is confident in Gray & Bell, and even Wagoner…why wouldn’t they 100% be pushing slot WR?

They shouldn't even worry about position - just get the talent in the building. Since the guy plays two positions that are needs for this roster, you bring in the talent, and let the position settle itself afterward.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right. It's the ultimate luxury for a roster like ours. We're always mooning over a shifty Z WR, but we haven't ever utilized the position well, nor do we need one with our TE room.
Doesn’t really matter much as we haven’t recently but early Kelly years we did when he was still using the Cincy spread offense and calling plays. Though at times the production might have been split between two guys. Theo Riddick had 78 receptions, 850 yards, and 6 TD’s over 2 years. In 2010 he was 2nd behind Floyd. And, In 2011 he was the 3rd leading receiver behind two all timers in Floyd and Eifert. Between Carlisle and Prosise they had a fairly prolific year of 800+ yards and 5 TD’s, out of the slot in 2014.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
They shouldn't even worry about position - just get the talent in the building. Since the guy plays two positions that are needs for this roster, you bring in the talent, and let the position settle itself afterward.
This all damn day.

Our best cornerback was a WR. One of our best WRs was a QB. We’ve had OLs become DLs and RBs become LBs. Just get talented kids in the door you’ve got years to figure how to use them.

Reaper97

Reaction score
You are missing the point.

The thing that hurt Oklahoma was they didn’t recruit him as a WR.
The reason USC leads is they have recruited him at only WR.

ND started off recruiting him as an athlete, as you suggest, & it hurt ND. They are now telling him WR, but USC got ahead.

Recruiting him at athlete hurts ND in his case.

Reaper97

Reaction score
This all damn day.

Our best cornerback was a WR. One of our best WRs was a QB. We’ve had OLs become DLs and RBs become LBs. Just get talented kids in the door you’ve got years to figure how to use them.
See my post above.

This thinking has hurt ND in his recruitment and is a big reason why he probably ends up at USC.

ShadesO'Green

Reaction score
I don't think msu is a major threat for tease, but he is scheduled for an OV next weekend. We did get an update on our board this morning that we have canceled a couple WR officials because we are set at the position and will only take one if we think he's a true difference maker. Apparently Tease fits that bill. He was a surprise to be added to our list a couple weeks and we were told at the time we thought it would be a very difficult pull for us, but it sounds like Tucker will shoot his best shot still.