‘23 OH S Ben Minich (Notre Dame Verbal)

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score
I've only put a few posters on ignore ever. Every thread is going to be hard to follow now but it was necessary.

Dale

Reaction score
You Skip over the part on his 3-3-5 scheme plugging squares into round holes?

Didn’t miss that, it was literally the first thing I said.

“The one hot button dropping Foskey in coverage everyone loved to hate.”

We did not have athletic lbs or good tacklers to clean it up

What is the schematic fix to linebackers who can’t tackle? Like please stop posting personnel rants and give me the schematic solutions to your issues that include:

Bad CB2, bad safety 2 and backups, bad tackling linebackers. It’d love to know the magic scheme Freeman didn’t use.

PutuporShutup

Reaction score
Didn’t miss that, it was literally the first thing I said.

“The one hot button dropping Foskey in coverage everyone loved to hate.”

What is the schematic fix to bad linebacker? Like please stop posting issues and give me the solutions to your issues that include:

Bad CB2, bad safety 2, bad tackling linebackers.
You have to know the depth you rush when the qb is athletic.
You can’t have both DEs meeting behind the qb and leaving huge lanes like we did unless you have wu to clean it up. We should have done more bull rushing and stunts. Pryor should have been the qb spy on throwing downs, not betrand or Bauer or white … we had Bauer spying qb vs ok state at times, how can that be a good solution?

Watts has shown ability, he needs more reps in practice and game. He’s done things houston brown and Ramon haven’t shown the ability to do.

Dale

Reaction score
You’ve posted a few true things schematically (a few I had said in the OP) but you’re main “schematic” fix is you didn’t like half the personnel and grass is greener in Pryor, Riley, Walters, Watts, etc.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of bullsh!t being thrown around here and nothing about Ben Minich.
IE is getting a lot harder to navigate in hopes of getting info on the subject of threads.
We seem to have more posters who have such ingrown agendas (and lack of knowledge) that they keep harping about one thing for weeks.

As to Minich: I like everything I see about his potential as a give-everything-he-has stud.

GoldenAura

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of bullsh!t being thrown around here and nothing about Ben Minich.
IE is getting a lot harder to navigate in hopes of getting info on the subject of threads.
We seem to have more posters who have such ingrown agendas (and lack of knowledge) that they keep harping about one thing for weeks.

As to Minich: I like everything I see about his potential as a give-everything-he-has stud.
Sadly, it seems like every thread gets derailed these days.

Irish2155

Reaction score
Why

Why? You gripe but don’t finish the most important piece. What do you like about Minich?

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
Don't know why I bother to answer such a dumb retort (haven't you even read the thread information about Minich, or follow recruiting in any detail?) but here goes:

1. Notre Dame's staff likes him.
2. Oklahoma and Stanford and Cincinnati offered him.
3. Practically the whole Ivy League offered him and he has a 4.5 GPA (being smart is a good trait for a safety.)
4. The guy's fast --- all the sites say that.
5. Crusader/BobbyMac had Dino Dance for his verbal. He's our expert.
6. Tom Zbikowski was only 5'11".
7. 247 wrote: Good athlete who has played both ways in high school as a wide receiver and safety, and has a track background which includes 100-meter dash times as fast as 10.47. Has good change of direction and short-area quickness along with that long speed. Good ball skills from playing offense. Willing tackler who can still get stronger and add some bulk in order to add more pop as a hitter. Between his athleticism and football I.Q., he is a safe bet to be a college starter and will have a chance to play beyond college.

Quit asking nuisance questions --- WAY unproductive, unless you're trolling, which I formerly didn't think about you.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
You can’t have both DEs meeting behind the qb and leaving huge lanes like we did unless you have wu to clean it up. We should have done more bull rushing and stunts. Pryor should have been the qb spy on throwing downs, not betrand or Bauer or white … we had Bauer spying qb vs ok state at times, how can that be a good solution?

Watts has shown ability, he needs more reps in practice and game. He’s done things houston brown and Ramon haven’t shown the ability to do.
You should put in your application, sounds like you know more than the current staff (or at least the staff last year).

Irish2155

Reaction score
Don't know why I bother to answer such a dumb retort (haven't you even read the thread information about Minich, or follow recruiting in any detail?) but here goes:

3. Practically the whole Ivy League offered him and he has a 4.5 GPA (being smart is a good trait for a safety.)
7. 247 wrote: Good athlete who has played both ways in high school as a wide receiver and safety, and has a track background which includes 100-meter dash times as fast as 10.47. Has good change of direction and short-area quickness along with that long speed. Good ball skills from playing offense. Willing tackler who can still get stronger and add some bulk in order to add more pop as a hitter. Between his athleticism and football I.Q., he is a safe bet to be a college starter and will have a chance to play beyond college.

Quit asking nuisance questions --- WAY unproductive, unless you're trolling, which I formerly didn't think about you.
Thank you, Mike.

Thank you, sir. I ask because I respect your opinion. Still can’t keep the gripe out of your response however I see… shame.

No need to be salty all the time, Mr. Mike. And my apologies if I hit a chord. Cheer up my friend. I hope you have a great day and even better football season.

Go Irish ☘️

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score

I've noticed this to the point that I'm going out of my way to try and avoid being part of the problem vs solution, especially being somewhat newer.

Minich is a fit in every possible way. Region, on field, off field. I like seeing Stanford in there. Likely a tough kid who is smart and is the type that at Stanford has given ND fits over the years. No more. These are the kinds of guys who have come through over the years and saved ND's ass filling out classes, coming in and dedicating themselves to the program.

Recruiting is a very fluid process. To get a guy like this in early August before his senior year is another feather in the cap of this newly constructed coaching staff who just got going about six months ago.

He'll max out whatever his ability is.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
I've noticed this to the point that I'm going out of my way to try and avoid being part of the problem vs solution, especially being somewhat newer.

Minich is a fit in every possible way. Region, on field, off field. I like seeing Stanford in there. Likely a tough kid who is smart and is the type that at Stanford has given ND fits over the years. No more. These are the kinds of guys who have come through over the years and saved ND's ass filling out classes, coming in and dedicating themselves to the program.

Recruiting is a very fluid process. To get a guy like this in early August before his senior year is another feather in the cap of this newly constructed coaching staff who just got going about six months ago.

He'll max out whatever his ability is.
If I'm not mistaken, Lakota West isn't a bad high school to be friendly with either. Don't they churn out some decent prospects?

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
The solution at second corner is you don’t ride with someone all game every game that is playing bad and more importantly doesn’t have the physical traits to be very good. We needed to get players reps at that position last year and didn’t. Pretty much every corner is more talented than Lewis. Maybe Lewis practices well(reports say otherwise) but You can’t keep banging head against brick wall with him. He’s struggled enough. Your wasting quality reps on someone that has minimal power 5 corner talent. We lost out on development of more talent, don’t make same mistake again.

Second safety I don’t have as clear of answer, we’ve recruited the position so bad. It’s not Houston or brown, I have hope for watts. I’m concerned Henderson only has straight line speed, he struggles with change of direction. To me Riley should be there developing. Heck maybe even Lewis. Can’t move both though this year. Walters makes plays but is he ready?

In short, if jaden is all that give them the reps and let’s go. It’s not Lewis.

At safety opposite Joseph I’m far less clear, I hope it’s watts but feel it’s Houston or brown because they know position the best, not play the best.

DEs and lbs dropping back levels. Maybe disguise it rather than line them up there. Not hard. Also, betrand should not be in on clear passing situations. We have enough secondary talent to pull him out on 3rd and long.

Not being at practices, it’s much easier to know who it’s not just in physical traits then to say who it should be. It’s not Lewis or houston or brown. Probably not Henderson.
wQkz2c7.jpg

StPaul_Irish

Reaction score

I bet you are a better play caller then all the OC's in the NFL, and FORSURE Rees. I bet after the play is over you say WTF, you should have run XYZ... Right?

TheRealLynch51

Reaction score
*Tweets 100% factual tweet*

ND fans: this stinks from the OSU media!
There's numerous more high profile recruits at this game and he choses to mention a specific ND recruit to drive ND fan attention. Not a super hard concept to follow.