'23 OH DE Brenan Vernon (Notre Dame Verbal)

NDGOLDEN

Reaction score
I don’t mean this towards you, but this logic makes me laugh. “We know what we see from him on the field, and that’s not elite, but let’s re-evaluate based on his spare score!”

I 100% agree with you

allenm5333

Reaction score
From what i have seen/watched he does not play in a system conducive to his skill set. Think Diaco defense. DL are not penetrators and are supposed to hold the OL for the Lbs to play.

AlaskanIrish

. . . a little stitious.
Reaction score
I'm going to be nervous every time this thread gets bumped until (hopefully) NSD. Not sure why, but I have an uneasy feeling about this recruitment.

GoldenToTheGrave

Reaction score
I would imagine it’s being based on season numbers and he hasn’t looked all that impressive.

Once camps start and he can show off his real talent then hopefully he moves back up

I recall Pete Sampson saying something like "Players generally don't fall in the rankings, other players just rise", which made a lot of the raking drops that people get miffed about into better context.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
Based on what's been shown on film, there is zero justification for him dropping out of the top 100. ZERO.

According to 247, he's closer to a 3-star player than a 5-star....No.

A guy with his size, his athleticism and with the film he's got has no business out of the top 50, much less top 100. It's purely asinine.

zelezo vlk

Reaction score
Ohio State passed on him, must not be a good player

Anywho didn't the same thing happen with Mills? I swear he started pretty dang high and dropped a bit

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
I'm going to be nervous every time this thread gets bumped until (hopefully) NSD. Not sure why, but I have an uneasy feeling about this recruitment.

Can't say I blame you, because if I'm CBK and the staff, and I see my recruit fall that far in the rankings, I'm obviously no longer interested and I'd focus on a better, more elite talent.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
10891258.png

Irishnuke

CFB Message Board Guy
Reaction score
you are going to love the super bowl halftime show then huh?
Here’s the thing, I like the song. I like Dre, Snoop, Eminem, 2Pac, all the old hip hop/gangsta rap. I just probably wouldn’t use “187 on an undercover (really mf’n) cop” in a hype video for a high school football player.

benneboy

Reaction score
Here’s the thing, I like the song. I like Dre, Snoop, Eminem, 2Pac, all the old hip hop/gangsta rap. I just probably wouldn’t use “187 on an undercover (really mf’n) cop” in a hype video for a high school football player.
Agreed. I listen to some of the worst cocaine murder rap out there, but found it to be an odd choice for a promo put together by the university.