'23 OH DE Brenan Vernon (Notre Dame Verbal)

Irishnuke

CFB Message Board Guy
Reaction score
He’s gotta be the highest rated recruit we’ve landed since Jaylon Smith. At least per Rivals anyway

T-Boone

Reaction score
He’s gotta be the highest rated recruit we’ve landed since Jaylon Smith. At least per Rivals anyway

You'd think.
Someone above said number 7 all time...which surprises me.
I am guessing that is down to high school recruit rankings only being around for a few decades.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Staff member
Reaction score
I look at this pickup and hope it’s the start of getting an elite DL stacked up like Clemson has. That was when their post season success started and allowed them to maintain that success. I’m not forgetting about their QBs but their DL has been a calling card of theirs.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Excellent!

Elston and Freeman keep reeling them in.

2eroGFS.gif

NDisme

Reaction score
Awesome Pickup! these are the battles we need to win. "23 just seems like such a loooong way away. gotta keep him.

Dale

Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/swiltfong247/status/1410341637092376578?s=21[/TWEET]

Vernon here basically fell in love with the things BK said just recently he’s leaning more and more into, no BS. I think, for Notre Dame, it’s the right move long term for most guys.

reference:

”You have to be so transparent at Notre Dame…you have to talk about all the things that everybody would say are the negatives of Notre Dame, and talk about why they’re positives. When we really tackled that and turned those into great positives for us, I think it started to change the whole tune.”

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Brenan Vernon Opens Up On Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football Commitment: ‘It Totally Suits Me’ (rivals.com) Free

A lot of quality quotes on why ND stood out beyond just the football program. Seems like this was just a perfect match for him.

“I’m going to run that big end position,” Vernon said. “I’m working to be the powerhouse of our defensive line while Keon is rushing that edge. He’s our quick, fast guy and is one heck of a player. I’ll be the big boy who wreaks havoc and destruction. I’m going to work and make the offense feel my presence.”

Now that's how you're supposed to talk. He's got some Danimal Hampton and Mongo McMichael in his blood... and I LIKE it.

Dale

Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/tomloy247/status/1411376330529296387?s=21[/TWEET]

Legendary photo

WilliamWallace

Active Member, Yes
Reaction score
Can’t blame him for wanting to play chest, ha, just kidding.

This kid reminds me of Jeff Samardzija.

Mavericknyc1980

Reaction score
Wow great get. Let’s not be worried if we close. As long as we keep doing what we are doing we will be fine.

BrownerandFry

Reaction score
What is shocking in the new Rivals ranking is that Vernon has moved up from #9 to #8.

Someone had suggested that Vernon due to a lack of mega-quickness, might wind up lower after a full evalutation cycle.

But not for now.!

Good for you Vernon

stpeteirish

Reaction score
Watched some of the game. Medina beat Mentor handily, Allar was very impressive, really puts the ball downfield accurately and is fairly quick at avoiding the rush and getting the ball out. Vernon had no impact on anything Medina did, which is pretty surprising for someone who is supposed to be a top 50 guy.

Medina avoided him completely on the run, never ran at him once, so I have no feel whatsoever for how he is vs the run. Never got to the QB either. Didn't show any pass rush moves, just a bull rush, which they easily countered with double teams and roll outs. Mentor made it easy on Medina by never lining up in anything except a three man rush, they always knew where he was. Only stat registered by Vernon while I was watching was a late hit out of bounds.

I expected more from Vernon. He was not any quicker off the ball than the rest of the guys out there . Might be destined for DT if he doesn't get guicker.

NDGOLDEN

Reaction score
Crazy. He was #8 overall on Rivals but they don’t update as much as 247. Wonder what the drop was about

I would imagine it’s being based on season numbers and he hasn’t looked all that impressive.

Once camps start and he can show off his real talent then hopefully he moves back up

317Irish

Reaction score
I would imagine it’s being based on season numbers and he hasn’t looked all that impressive.

Once camps start and he can show off his real talent then hopefully he moves back up

I don’t mean this towards you, but this logic makes me laugh. “We know what we see from him on the field, and that’s not elite, but let’s re-evaluate based on his spare score!”