'23 NJ S Adon Shuler (Notre Dame Verbal)

fightingirish26

Reaction score
Jack Luttrell was considered a soon-to-be commit, reports surfaced of underwhelming measurables, he got on campus, worked out for the staff, and we passed.

Shuler worked out for the staff and became top priority. I am sure the staff is more than comfortable with his athletic ability.

Trait Expectations

Reaction score
Jack Luttrell was considered a soon-to-be commit, reports surfaced of underwhelming measurables, he got on campus, worked out for the staff, and we passed.

Shuler worked out for the staff and became top priority. I am sure the staff is more than comfortable with his athletic ability.

I defer to the staff as well, especially with in-person evals. I just hope his fastest track times improve because that is a good measure of top-end speed. But give me a "footballer" every day of the week over track guys. I want a guy who understands football and can read/react suddenly, not just run fast in a straight line.

I trust this defensive staff at all three levels, they know what they are looking for and I believe they've been successful with lower-ranked players. I can't wait to see what this defensive staff can do with talent like their acquiring in 22/23. Gonna be bananas :banana::pbanana::bbanana::wbanana::pbanana::bbanana:

dad4aa

Reaction score
So some are reporting his best 100 is 11.89 and others 10.7. Anyone know which time is accurate?

BrownerandFry

Reaction score
So Shuler's coach, Ashley Pierre is called "Smoke?""

Oh boy, this guy is my fave, with apologies to the beloved Vernon and Keeley.

"Coached by Smoke" And those NIL hits keep coming.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Like Hero Kanu, he's young enough to be in the class behind him. I saw in a comment section that his Dad's 6-4. Might be some size left to gain.

*** Oops... Came from the ISD video Lucky posted above.

Last edited:

BrownerandFry

Reaction score
I really am going to be a fan of this kid and will support his NIL stuff, whenever it comes along. Remarkable emotional intelligence for a teenager.

Sherm Sticky

The Prophet
Reaction score
Irvington is really really tough area. Super happy for this kid. He changed his entire lineage’s trajectory.

This is true. Irvington is extremely rough area and I hate to say this about towns/cities but it’s a dump. Irvington has a much smaller population than Newark, but a case can be made it’s more dangerous/rougher place to live than Newark. As you mentioned Philly…I’m happy for this kid and his family to have this opportunity to attend Notre Dame.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Crushing it. He had a 3 INT game the other day. I saw it but forgot to post it. I’ll try to find it here in a bit. Of note, I’ve seen similar comments from both Loy and Singer on Shuler. Staff thinks he’s one of the very best S’s in the country. Very fired up about his early commitment.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/CFBTalkDaily/status/1479984040908402688[/TWEET]

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
If he went to Bergen Catholic or Don Bosco instead of Irvington HS, there's a good chance he'd be a composite top 100 player. Awesome job by the staff to find and get on him early.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Crushing it. He had a 3 INT game the other day. I saw it but forgot to post it. I’ll try to find it here in a bit. Of note, I’ve seen similar comments from both Loy and Singer on Shuler. Staff thinks he’s one of the very best S’s in the country. Very fired up about his early commitment.
What's your definition of a bit? lol

Glad he's already committed with Bama offering. I'd be more worried if we had offered, but he hadn't committed.

BeauBenken

Shut up, Richard
Staff member
Reaction score
I legit cannot think of a better pair of safeties to have. Both have incredibly high upside.