'23 NC OT Sully Absher (Notre Dame Verbal)

stpeteirish

Reaction score
So why did we offer that kid from Kansas? Just to get Jagusah to make his move? We're taking 4 OLM right?

fightingirish26

Reaction score
Not all offers are committable. They could have just been laying out groundwork for back up plans. Not sure, I'm not in the know. Don't take what I say as gospel.
Yeah it's probably a similar offer to Elijah Paige. Build the relationship and move the recruitment forward at a normal pace so that if or when the top of the board becomes more clear we don't have to scramble, and we can look them in the eye and say we've been sold on them the whole time.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Not all offers are committable. They could have just been laying out groundwork for back up plans. Not sure, I'm not in the know. Don't take what I say as gospel.
Exactly. I love the fact that the staff is expanding the board and laying the groundwork on potential backup plans early on so that way if something unexpected happens they can still wind up with quality players.

Rogue219

Reaction score
Non Commitable offers are bush league. I'd think most recruits, parents and HS coaches would see directly through them.

They should let guys sign letters whenever. Forget Early Signing Day and Signing Day. If you want to commit to a school and not a coach or coaching staff, you should be allowed to sign and be done. Make life easier on the student athletes.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
They offered him the day after Sievereld went to OSU I believe. Don't think it says anything about Jagusah and co. Might say more about Tanona than anything and them wanting to take a 5 man class.
Agreed, I would think it's confirmation that they want a 5 man class. Or, at the very least want the option of a 5 man class.

Last edited:

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
OL guys who are smarter than me: would they push for Paige if they got Pendleton, Absher, Freeling, and Jagusah?

You'd have to think they'd only take 5 if it was a special guy like Okunlola. I could see us sit with those four and be happy with it and Okunlola be icing on the cake if it ever happened.

allenm5333

Reaction score
OL guys who are smarter than me: would they push for Paige if they got Pendleton, Absher, Freeling, and Jagusah?

You'd have to think they'd only take 5 if it was a special guy like Okunlola. I could see us sit with those four and be happy with it and Okunlola be icing on the cake if it ever happened.
I actually think this may depend on Joey T's status...

Irish du Nord

Reaction score

I’d love either Okunlola or Paige. Any chance this is the staff covering for Freeling or Jagusah going elsewhere? Unlikely as that may be