'23 NC OL Sam Pendleton (Notre Dame Verbal)

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ISD’s Intel had a different take on this recruitment prior to his ND visit than Loy did. Would make it seem like the hill for ND to climb here was much less. They didn’t feel Clemson was much of a threat and it was NCSU/ND battle. Would be a great get for HH and the offense. I’ve become a pretty big fan of Pendleton.

Dale

Reaction score
6_8032921.jpg

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Clemson not even included in his final group, at least per this article from Brian Dohn. Kudos to ISD for getting that piece put together with the source/s that explained as such. Blindly following Loy here had a completely different tune.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Hiestand’s straight to the point, no-nonsense type of attitude and coaching style is exactly what appeals to Pendleton, a young man looked at as a “mauler, bully and nasty offensive lineman” according to a source.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Clemson not even included in his final group, at least per this article from Brian Dohn. Kudos to ISD for getting that piece put together with the source/s that explained as such. Blindly following Loy here had a completely different tune.

I wonder what happened with Clemson? Loy did say Clemson had 100% of the predictions previously.

Dale

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s a take for Clemson in the end. Not sure if Absher or others would change that but sounds like we may not see the time to find out.

That’s just a guess based off a quick peruse on their site. That or he really just lost interest once he saw other places

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder what happened with Clemson? Loy did say Clemson had 100% of the predictions previously.
Edited:

I think this is a case of the 247 echo chamber. Clemson's involved of course he's going to Clemson. He visited Clemson, of course Clemson has a huge lead.

Which is why that article from ISD is so awesome in retrospect, they did some actual journalism and got in touch with people outside that 247 echo chamber.

Last edited:

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Found this. Anna Hickey ahead of everybody it seems.

Apparently Wiltfong was one of the CB's and there were 4 in total. I'll bet Loy just followed Wiltfong's CB into an article and called it a huge lead. When actual intel never said as such.

As of March 26th, Anna Hickey, stated that Clemson trailed NCSU and Michigan. So, he wasn't getting that info from their Clemson 247 site.

SoIll

Licensed to Ill
Reaction score
Found this. Anna Hickey ahead of everybody it seems.

Apparently Wiltfong was one of the CB's and there were 4 in total. I'll bet Loy just followed Wiltfong's CB into an article and called it a huge lead. When actual intel never said as such.

As of March 26th, Anna Hickey, stated that Clemson trailed NCSU and Michigan. So, he wasn't getting that info from their Clemson 247 site.

Anna is one of the best. No question.

Rogue219

Reaction score
I must be old that there are high schools in North Carolina being named after Ronald Reagan.

He looks like a heck of a player and pretty raw for the most part. OL is the one position as an ND fan I am not at all stressed about, especially with Hiestand back in the fold. They're going to keep on rolling along.

DCDomer

Reaction score
I must be old that there are high schools in North Carolina being named after Ronald Reagan.

He looks like a heck of a player and pretty raw for the most part. OL is the one position as an ND fan I am not at all stressed about, especially with Hiestand back in the fold. They're going to keep on rolling along.

A new HS goes up in North Carolina about every other week, so there will probably be a commit from Barack Obama HS any day now.

Dale

Reaction score
The best part of the ND - Michigan crossover is the majority of the triggered fans are like that guy where they can’t fathom why. Like OSU fans will lose a battle with us and just be mad. Michigan fans live in this universe where it somehow defies reality it to them

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
The best part of the ND - Michigan crossover is the majority of the triggered fans are like that guy where they can’t fathom why. Like OSU fans will lose a battle with us and just be mad. Michigan fans live in this universe where it somehow defies reality it to them
The funny thing is we compete head-to-head with them for more recruits than we do with probably any other program. I suspect that's true for them too except maybe Sparty.
We actually do go after many of the same sorts of players, and naturally some of them are going to choose Notre Dame (just like some choose Michigan). You'd think they might get that by now. Though I suppose being a Michigan fan comes with limited self-awareness.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
The funny thing is we compete head-to-head with them for more recruits than we do with probably any other program. I suspect that's true for them too except maybe Sparty.
We actually do go after many of the same sorts of players, and naturally some of them are going to choose Notre Dame (just like some choose Michigan). You'd think they might get that by now. Though I suppose being a Michigan fan comes with limited self-awareness.
They're still bitter about ND beating them over 100 years ago.
xY8bres.jpg

Rogue219

Reaction score
A new HS goes up in North Carolina about every other week, so there will probably be a commit from Barack Obama HS any day now.

I've got a CRT joke and a Dabo joke to reply with. Nothing behind door number 3.