'23 MO RB Jeremiyah Love (Offer)

Jiggafini19Deux

The Pope of Greenwich Village
Reaction score
Recruiting in general seems to be on a downward trend.
How many open spots are left? The class as of now is just about filled with verbals. Outside of a few spots remaining, they're looking at quite a few guys siging in December and calling it a day.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
How many open spots are left? The class as of now is just about filled with verbals. Outside of a few spots remaining, they're looking at quite a few guys siging in December and calling it a day.
Love was supposed to be deciding soon.

Lyons seemed like a firm lock.

We still have zero idea what the staff is doing to fill the void left by Keeley.

Peyton Bowen is still acting like an un-committed player.

luckofirish8

Reaction score
We still have zero idea what the staff is doing to fill the void left by Keeley.

They offered multiple guys just before or after his decommit and took Mukam's commitment. It may not be the answer you wanted, but that seems pretty clear about their idea. If someone like M'Pemba wants to join, they'll find a way to make room.

IAIrish

Reaction score
If Love's recruitment drags out like he seems to be hinting at, the offense needs to play respectably going forward. And we need to win. I think that's possible by playing bully ball, taking shots using play action and the defense tuning it up (looking at you, linebackers).

The first three games have largely been an embarrassment on offense.
It's a far cry from the preseason expectations of playoffs, whether that was fair or not.

Justin574

Reaction score
just like people thinking we were gonna have some immediate decision after his A&M visit. He never said that was going to be the case.
Reports were circling that he'd commit before the A&M visit, seemed pretty certain at one point with On3 giving ND a 90% chance. It's not our fault for taking the reports on their word, things change quickly in recruiting all the time.

Justin574

Reaction score
If Love's recruitment drags out like he seems to be hinting at, the offense needs to play respectably going forward. And we need to win. I think that's possible by playing bully ball, taking shots using play action and the defense tuning it up (looking at you, linebackers).

It's a far cry from the preseason expectations of playoffs, whether that was fair or not.
Well NC is probably the worst defense we'll face all season. Appalachian St put up 61pts on them and their QB had 6TDs, 361yrds on 65% passing. If Pyne and the offense can't light this team up, maybe no offensive recruit should take us seriously to begin with

SoIll

Licensed to Ill
Reaction score
I never understood ISD's certainty of him coming. Seems like noone really knows but ISD has been super confident for months. We'll see

Justin574

Reaction score
Latest report from Singer says there is some reason for concern for ND, but they're still rolling with the Irish.

"And the question is: Who is the leader for him? Going into these trips, we felt that it was clearly Notre Dame. It’s the program that we’ve been told from multiple sources that his parents were strongly favoring and that Love himself was leaning towards as well. But following the Texas A&M visit, it’s been pretty quiet. We don’t believe he’s spoken to any media, but our understanding is that the Irish are still the top school for his parents. However, how Jeremiyah feels after the Texas A&M trip is unknown. The Aggies’ staff feels good about their chances with him from what we’re told, but so do the Irish coaches. I am still rolling with my Notre Dame prediction that I logged Aug. 25, but there’s definitely reason for concern here."

Justin574

Reaction score
ND staff said they would take up to 27 commits. They're at 23 now barring any decommits, Lyons is considered a strong ND lean, then there's Jeremiyah Love and maybe a cpl others. The class even as it stands now is probably the best class we've had since maybe 2013. To be a legitimately elite class, I feel like they have to close on both Lyons and Love, and hold onto Bowen. A more realistic scenario might be ND gets 2 out of the 3 on signing day, which 2 idk.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score

I think we should do that regardless of what some 17yo thinks...

IAIrish

Reaction score
Man, if there was ever a time for some positive momentum, now is it. Maybe it was the red hot recruiting streak over the summer, followed by the dogshit start to the season, but this past couple months has sucked balls.

irishandy

Reaction score
Love was supposed to be deciding soon.

Lyons seemed like a firm lock.

Peyton Bowen is still acting like an un-committed player.
I don't think the sky is falling on recruiting.

In the end I think we can thank Gray and our STL connections to help land Love.

Didn't Richard Young say he was going to "flip Keeley soon?" Keeley still remains uncommitted- I still like the Irish's chances.

Oh my did Bowen visit OU again....I think he signs with the Irish.

Rizzophil

Reaction score

Didn't Richard Young say he was going to "flip Keeley soon?" Keeley still remains uncommitted- I still like the Irish's chances.

Keely isn’t coming to ND

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score

It just doesn't feel like there's much action right now, like we fired all our arrows in the spring and early summer and now we're just hanging on 'til Signing Day.
Frankly I'd feel better if we were seeing more guys visiting (Both commits and prospectives) for game weekends. Though maybe we're saving those for the Stanford and Clemson night games? Hopefully the season isn't a complete dumpster fire by then. Today is a big game on that front.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
They’re not even recruiting him man. I thought after decommitting he’d still end up back at ND but things change. The ship has sailed.
I still don’t get WHY we’re not even recruiting him anymore.
He was committed here for a year. He’s not committed anywhere else, but rather making visits. Did I see he’s back at Ohio State this week? That would suggest he’s in fact not just all about that bag.
Yes things change. But why give up here?

Dale

Reaction score
I still don’t get WHY we’re not even recruiting him anymore.
He was committed here for a year. He’s not committed anywhere else, but rather making visits. Did I see he’s back at Ohio State this week? That would suggest he’s in fact not just all about that bag.
Yes things change. But why give up here?

What is there to spend time recruiting? Keeley has their number.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
What is there to spend time recruiting? Keeley has their number.
“You’ve got our number, call if you change your mind,” is no way to win big recruiting fights against Bama and Ohio State. Which I thought was the primary argument for hiring Freeman.

Dale

Reaction score
“You’ve got our number, call if you change your mind,” is no way to win big recruiting fights against Bama and Ohio State. Which I thought was the primary argument for hiring Freeman.

Okay, what is their to say though? Allegedly Keon wants to go to ND. I don’t personally buy it, but that’s what we’re led to believe. Should Freeman be hitting him up daily advising him to ignore his family? Break his personal relationships to go here? That’s what is being presented as on the line.