'23 MO RB Jeremiyah Love (Notre Dame Signee)

BigHossBU

Reaction score
MF is the man. ISD will always be number one in my book and he’s a big reason why. Yeah he’s got some old man takes, but has also been spot on when sniffing out BS on some of these flaky kids.

He doesn’t pander to subscribers and say ND has a better shot then what they actually do with guys. I prefer an honest, maybe even slightly pessimisstic outlook rather than being blown smoke all recruiting cycle, only to have most of it never pan out.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
He doesn’t pander to subscribers and say ND has a better shot then what they actually do with guys. I prefer an honest, maybe even slightly pessimisstic outlook rather than being blown smoke all recruiting cycle, only to have most of it never pan out.

I agree with this, but could do without the chicken little act. And that far predates the NIL era.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Dale

Reaction score
Weird for Loy to say no one in the Gug thinks ND leads and then his Dad just says ND leads right after lol

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Some people suspect that ND is being used as leverage to extract more NIL $$ than they would get if they weren't "really really interested in this other car at the dealer next door...". We'll see.

OhioIrish

Reaction score
Some people suspect that ND is being used as leverage to extract more NIL $$ than they would get if they weren't "really really interested in this other car at the dealer next door...". We'll see.
Could be, though A&M could get used to leverage more cash or other inducements, too. Impossible to know at this point, but if Love ends up taking NIL cash over ND that will be the final nail in the coffin for me re: NDs approach to recruiting the elite players.

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
"So that's why Dante told Oregon he was a silent...chips all in"

Dale

Reaction score
What Fong told the A&M side:

“view the Aggies as a program in position to flip it (his CB)”

Kinda wet blankets it. Seems like he put in the CB as kinda a hands are tied his Dad said it on record.

Denny

Reaction score
During the mailbag portion of the Armel Mukam commitment podcast, Driskell and Roberts shared that Love and his mom are more than likely visiting for the Marshall game since Love's mom couldn't make it to his last visit. He does not want to commit before mom gets a look and talks to the staff. They petitioned the ncaa to visit during the dead period because of her circumstances, but that got denied. Roberts also said he doesn't see this recruitment dragging on much longer after this visit and Love wants to rap up recruiting sooner than later. Sounds like it's trending well for ND!

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
During the mailbag portion of the Armel Mukam commitment podcast, Driskell and Roberts shared that Love and his mom are more than likely visiting for the Marshall game since Love's mom couldn't make it to his last visit. He does not want to commit before mom gets a look and talks to the staff. They petitioned the ncaa to visit during the dead period because of her circumstances, but that got denied. Roberts also said he doesn't see this recruitment dragging on much longer after this visit and Love wants to rap up recruiting sooner than later. Sounds like it's trending well for ND!
That's all good, the trouble is there's only one reason A&M "on the heels" of Notre Dame for a Catholic school kid who is not from Texas, and it's because a game A&M plays that Notre Dame doesn't.

Dale

Reaction score
Fong has a 98% hit rate on 2023 kids, so you gotta feel good about this.

Yes but he’ll change it a few hours before announcement with no qualms. I do like that his ND visit is locked in and the A&M visit is just a possibility

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
That's all good, the trouble is there's only one reason A&M "on the heels" of Notre Dame for a Catholic school kid who is not from Texas, and it's because a game A&M plays that Notre Dame doesn't.

I would essentially stop recruiting and/or find a replacement for any kid that has Texas A&M in their top two or three. Nobody likes them for any other reason than money unless they’re a local.

WildMan1

Reaction score
I’d love to know exactly what A&M is doing that ND can’t do..

Is it simply “hey kid, that guy in the booth up there is going to give you a million dollars” or are they somehow contractually locking these kids in with a $ number..

I can’t see how that’s possible w/o sanctions coming down hard & fast..

For the life of me I can’t see how ND can’t just tell the kids they’re going to make NIL money here & not to make the decision based on that.

How TF can A&M guarantee upfront money so boldly without being spotlighted?

Dale

Reaction score
A&Ms current recruiting class is hilarious. It looks just like a class where the coaches forgot how to recruit and funds are low (rumored/complaints some $ diverted back to facilities expansion) but still somewhat there. 4 Top 100 kids and 4 3 stars and that’s it.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
I’d love to know exactly what A&M is doing that ND can’t do..

Is it simply “hey kid, that guy in the booth up there is going to give you a million dollars” or are they somehow contractually locking these kids in with a $ number..

I can’t see how that’s possible w/o sanctions coming down hard & fast..

For the life of me I can’t see how ND can’t just tell the kids they’re going to make NIL money here & not to make the decision based on that.

How TF can A&M guarantee upfront money so boldly without being spotlighted?

DONTH8

DefinitelynotCoachD
Reaction score
A&Ms current recruiting class is hilarious. It looks just like a class where the coaches forgot how to recruit and funds are low (rumored/complaints some $ diverted back to facilities expansion) but still somewhat there. 4 Top 100 kids and 4 3 stars and that’s it.
Probably waiting on Malachi. If he takes the $$ then their cap is hit for the year. If he doesnt, they start contacting the other recruits around the country.

Irish4life

Reaction score
Makes sense tbh. Is this coming from the Gug? Or just message board chatter

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
Jimbo only has five or six recruits because he’s sitting around and waiting to see who to pay. They will likely surge from like ranked 40th to ranked fourth in the matter of a few weeks once Lloyd Christmas, Santa Fischer or whatever his name is starts handing out Christmas presents.

SoIll

Licensed to Ill
Reaction score
Usually Loy instantly comments "Thanks my guy" or something of that relm after Fong, Trieu, etc write an article about a ND commit or prospect. He hasn't said a word yet. Pretty funny since yesterday he said "noone in the gug feels like they lead". Interesting that Fong CBd him after Loys comments yesterday.

Last edited:

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
What position does Love play? With two RB’s already in this class? More of a flex?

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Gug is probably depressed after getting outspent for a few guys and don’t want to get their hopes up. Kind of like ND fans and big games.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Probably waiting on Malachi. If he takes the $$ then their cap is hit for the year. If he doesnt, they start contacting the other recruits around the country.
A&M buying Malachi out from under USC and then not having the money to steal Love and Bowen from us would be a win-win-win.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
A$M looking for a payroll advance lol

irishff1014

Reaction score
Gug is probably depressed after getting outspent for a few guys and don’t want to get their hopes up. Kind of like ND fans and big games.

The Gug has been off the last few years compared to what they used to be.