'23 MO CB Christian Gray (Offer)

Ndaccountant

Old Hoss
Reaction score
That's a hot take, but I agree with it.

ND jersey classicists will fight to the death about it... but I was rewatching highlights the other night, and those jerseys looked like they belonged, and not just as a one-off. They spiced up the uniform just a bit, but not enough to shit on the idea of 'tradition' imo.

I'd be totally fine with it, though it would never happen.
I would also be totally down with the away uniforms being this, minus the shamrock on the helmet,
183200914.0.1381101853.jpg

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
make the Shamrock Series jersey from the 2021 Wisky game the default home uniforms
It is among the best alternative designs we've ever gotten. But I can't look at it without thinking of ND's ridiculous attempt to retcon a design that was clearly intended to honor the Packers as an homage to Chicago and the Bears instead.

Dale

Reaction score
I feel like the overwhelming majority did not like the jerseys before the game, interesting to hear the support now

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Packers fans in shambles @Some Irish Bloke
My theory on this is that they intended to roll that jersey design out in 2020 when they were supposed to play at Lambeau (we were supposed to be the home team I believe) which is why they mirrored the sleeve after GB's.

I bet UA already had them underway and didn't want to waste money, so ND/UA agreed to roll with them in 2021 at Soldier. Would explain why Wisconsin went with white unis as the home squad in Chicago.

I think the 2021 Shamrock jerseys look bad retail, but they actually looked pretty slick when those sleeves were tight to the shoulder pads. I wouldn't mind seeing them play in them again, but I'm not spending $100 on one.

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
It is among the best alternative designs we've ever gotten. But I can't look at it without thinking of ND's ridiculous attempt to retcon a design that was clearly intended to honor the Packers as an homage to Chicago and the Bears instead.
100% this was the case, they just embroided the stars onto the back collar and called it a day

Dale

Reaction score

Gray is doing LSU - ND (June 10th) - USC - OSU OVs in order in June

Like that we are after LSU.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
On the Irish Breakdown Youtube show today, Driskell and Shaun Davis believe that things are trending in the right direction with Gray. Driskell believes Gray has now been convinced that he's a ND type of kid and Davis believes Gray would pick ND if he were to choose today. Also mentioned that he and Jeremiyah Love are friendly and have been talking.

Dale

Reaction score

“Heading to Notre Dame for another visit, he’s looking to see if the Irish still hold a strong place in his recruitment.

“….I’m just going to see if I still have those same feelings,” Gray said.”

“Is there anything he feels he needs to see this weekend?

“Just to feel the same feelings I had before”

Dale

Reaction score
It’s rather unique to answer in the same abstract way to two different reporters. I think it’s good for us?

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
It’s rather unique to answer in the same abstract way to two different reporters. I think it’s good for us?
I read it as he gets those ND vibes we all do when we visit campus; he just wants those ND campus feels to confirm?

“Those who know Notre Dame, no explanation’s necessary. Those who don’t, no explanation will suffice.” - Lou Holtz.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
I’d feel much better if he didn’t have Ohio State and USC visits coming up.
I understand that, but from all accounts this is a ND-LSU battle. A few weeks ago a lot of people were thinking that LSU had the momentum, but Shaun Davis, who knows Gray and the other STL kids (Love, M'Pemba), has been consistent in saying that ND is the front runner. Supposedly some of the doubt was whether or not Gray could see himself as a ND type of kid, but according to Davis and Driskell he no longer has that doubt. He's close with the commits and he has a good relationship with Jeremiyah Love, and Davis has said they've talked about ND. ND is in a good spot with Love as well.