'23 MO CB Christian Gray (Offer)

Reaper97

Reaction score
I understand that, but from all accounts this is a ND-LSU battle. A few weeks ago a lot of people were thinking that LSU had the momentum, but Shaun Davis, who knows Gray and the other STL kids (Love, M'Pemba), has been consistent in that ND is the front runner. Supposedly some of the doubt was whether or not Gray could see himself as a ND type of kid, but according to Davis and Driskell he no longer has that doubt. He's close with the commits and he has a good relationship with Jeremiyah Love, and Davis has said they've talked about ND. ND is in a good spot with love as well.
Love is at Michigan this weekend and is one of the only big time guys there, so Michigan is going all out on him.
They have their two best recruiters, one on offense & one on defense, giving him the hard sale that he can play both at UM.
I wonder how that is going & if he leaves there as UM as his leader?
I wish he and Gray would have visited ND together since they are close.
If Love leaves UM with ND still in front I think we can lock him down next weekend.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Love is at Michigan this weekend and is one of the only big time guys there, so Michigan is going all out on him.
They have their two best recruiters, one on offense & one on defense, giving him the hard sale that he can play both at UM.
I wonder how that is going & if he leaves there as UM as his leader?
I wish he and Gray would have visited ND together since they are close.
If Love leaves UM with ND still in front I think we can lock him down next weekend.
Pro tip: No one ever really plays both. Nor do they ever also play on the basketball team or whatever other BS the coaches are peddling.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Pro tip: No one ever really plays both. Nor do they ever also play on the basketball team or whatever other BS the coaches are peddling.
Normally I would agree, but UM has had guys play both with success so they push that & it has worked for them.
It worked with Drayk with Baseball along with numerous other ND two sport athletes.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Normally I would agree, but UM has had guys play both with success so they push that & it has worked for them.
It worked with Drayk with Baseball along with numerous other ND two sport athletes.
It works in baseball because there's less overlap in seasons. Who was the last significant college football player who also played high-level college basketball? Julius Peppers?

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
He was supposed to OV OSU the 24th.
Think he cancelled it & thats why this pick?

This was my thought as well.

Reading the LSU site, apparently Gray’s mom doesn’t want him too far from home which is why he always thought ND would win this. Would automatically eliminate USC. An extra 100 miles would eliminate OSU?

NDMatt91

Reaction score

Reading the LSU site, apparently Gray’s mom doesn’t want him too far from home which is why he always thought ND would win this. Would automatically eliminate USC. An extra 100 miles would eliminate OSU?
I never saw OSU as a legit threat. It has been a ND-LSU battle for a while. Great news if what is being reported on the LSU site is accurate.

Dale

Reaction score
ND CB from Kurelic on Bucknuts.

For the shit him and Loy get, Kurelic has been more conservative lately with CBs so putting one in ahead of his OSU visit is interesting

Reaper97

Reaction score

For the shit him and Loy get, Kurelic has been more conservative lately with CBs so putting one in ahead of his OSU visit is interesting
I’m thinking he might have cancelled his OV to OSU, which would indicate to Kurelic he is going to ND.
And Driskell all but said Gray committed a little while ago.

NDMatt91

Reaction score

Makes you wonder if Gray informed the OSU and USC staffs that he knows where he's going and is cancelling his OV's.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score

South Bend is six hours from St. Louis. Baton Rouge is nine. Columbus would be, I guess, about seven and a half. None of them are exactly close, though also none are incredibly far.

Dale

Reaction score
South Bend is six hours from St. Louis. Baton Rouge is nine. Columbus would be, I guess, about seven and a half. None of them are exactly close, though also none are incredibly far.
Yeah maybe his Mom does want him at ND. I believe that has been the case. But because of distance? BS.

The real reason would conflict with Bayou Brian’s reformed LSU academic pitch.

Dale

Reaction score
It’s fun to guess that it is a rule, but I don’t think there’s any rule, especially for an official visitor.