'23 MI QB Dante Moore (Oregon Verbal)

NDGOLDEN

Reaction score
Except he wasn't. Tom Loy was. That is why when the hire was announced everyone gave him the kudos for breaking the story. This is exactly why people don't like Driskell. He takes other peoples work and claims it as inside info.

He is an analyst. Not a reporter or an insider. If he feels confident, it is only because guys like Loy and Singer feel confident. But he will pretend it is because he has inside info.
I agree I honestly don’t like him cause like I said he is arrogant and thinks he is the best at everything and he thinks he is always the first to report

Dale

Reaction score
Jurassic-Park-33-Hold-on-to-your-butts1.jpg

HouseofPain

Reaction score
Loy made what IMO is his most important/telling update to date, said ND did in fact take a step back from Vizzina due to Moore.

This I do not understand. So ND loosens ties with an elite prospect in an attempt to show "all in" for another which could ultimately leave them with neither at any point on the whim of a 17 year old.

Does this seem wise to you guys?

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
This I do not understand. So ND loosens ties with an elite prospect in an attempt to show "all in" for another which could ultimately leave them with neither at any point on the whim of a 17 year old.

Does this seem wise to you guys?
Evidently following Driskell's recommendation from a month or two back. It's the Will Shipley model.

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
Excitement around having a 5 star QB potentially committed is significantly lower than where it should be.
Tough to get overly excited about a silent prediction regarding a silent commitment...of a kid who's taking visits to schools besides the one who he may be silently committed.

In the 4th grade, I once promised to give a promise ring to a girl.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
In the 4th grade, I once promised to give a promise ring to a girl.
,... and that was where irishog77 gave up on women entirely,....

Anyway, this thread continually being at the top of the board concerns me... I stopped following recruiting bc the drama... I assume this thread is covering DRAMA... correct?

irishtrooper

Reaction score
Excitement around having a 5 star QB potentially committed is significantly lower than where it should be.
This board is too busy complaining about Driskell to get excited. I’m very happy ND seems to be close to gaining his commitment and I’m not too concerned about who knew first….. I can’t believe how much energy is expended complaining about a guy that everyone hates allegedly

Dale

Reaction score
This board is too busy complaining about Driskell to get excited. I’m very happy ND seems to be close to gaining his commitment and I’m not too concerned about who knew first….. I can’t believe how much energy is expended complaining about a guy that everyone hates allegedly
I mean a ton of this thread is folks not liking what Loy was posting either, I know cause I was in the middle of it lol. You are just hyper sensitive to Driskell stuff, tbh.

irishtrooper

Reaction score
I mean a ton of this thread is folks not liking what Loy was posting either, I know cause I was in the middle of it lol. You are just hyper sensitive to Driskell stuff, tbh.
Ok fella. I don’t like how threads get derailed constantly with people complaining about him. I have less time than experts like yourself to dedicate to a message board. I’m not in the know like you. I come here generally to get a quick taste of the latest on recruiting/etc and see way more stuff about people that talk about the people……

bobbyok1

Dominates Wiffle Ball
Reaction score
I'm totally pumped about this potential! Been an ND fan a long time, going back to early 80's as a kid. And an elite QB is something we've rarely had. Not to mention the past 10 plus years under Kelly, an elite QB felt like the ONLY thing we lacked often times.

Come Dante, don't disappoint!

Last edited:

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
Loy made what IMO is his most important/telling update to date, said ND did in fact take a step back from Vizzina due to Moore.
I think this is a horrible idea on our part it's going to end up back firing

Dale

Reaction score
I am going off memory and they are likely not exactly the same but Jaylen Sneed’s recruitment comes to mind, I think more guys give the “I think I’m a visit away or finishing visits away” indication than we think. Sneed visited Oregon and we told Cheeks not to come before Sneed actually committed publicly.

GrangerIrish24

He who waits for it.
Reaction score
Loy might just be respecting the kid by not putting in the official commit prediction. Moore said in this free article that recruits hate the crystal ball and other predictions.

I'm guessing he is ready to commit. He wanted to take a few visits and since like many kids hasn't seen a lot of other schools. Staff probably told him to get them out of the way and then go public with it.

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Ok fella. I don’t like how threads get derailed constantly with people complaining about him. I have less time than experts like yourself to dedicate to a message board. I’m not in the know like you. I come here generally to get a quick taste of the latest on recruiting/etc and see way more stuff about people that talk about the people……
Irish Trooper is Driskell, confirmed.

Read between the lines....

doesn't like the board complaining about "him" (Driskell, himself), has less time than experts (because Driskell isn't actually an expert but still has a job to pretent like he is), and he isn't in the know (Like Dale is, but he wants to be).

He's just here to get a quick taste (steal rumors and run with them, par for the course).

GrangerIrish24

He who waits for it.
Reaction score
Irish Trooper is Driskell, confirmed.

Read between the lines....

doesn't like the board complaining about "him" (Driskell, himself), has less time than experts (because Driskell isn't actually an expert but still has a job to pretent like he is), and he isn't in the know (Like Dale is, but he wants to be).

He's just here to get a quick taste (steal rumors and run with them, par for the course).
Is Koon still Loy?

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be super pumped when he's committed and done taking visits. For now, I'm not a fan of how the staff is playing this. I don't think the risk/reward makes sense. The upside is you get 1 of the 2 QB's to commit. The downside is you get neither by alienating Vizzina and Moore might find something that he is clearly looking for. If you just keep recruiting Vizzina then you can keep the door open to both. I'm sure this is very similar to last cycle when they started taking silent commits, even public commits, from guys that were still taking visits. I think that strategy was pretty much a wash. Some worked out and some did not. The problem is, we can't afford to have it happen at QB this cycle like it did at WR.