'23 MI QB Dante Moore (Oregon Verbal)

ColinKSU

I'm Colin NOT from Kansas
Reaction score
I just left Irish Breakdown. I couldn’t stand Driskell now locking threads on Moore and always having harsh responses to opposing views. Got old. He also endorsed or tolerated trashing other ND analysts which I thought was petty too.

This seems like a nice site.
It’s big weird. I don’t get the deal behind him doing that. I thought Mr. IB is now on Truth Social and Parler was all about freedom of speech.

Alaskan

Reaction score
It’s big weird. I don’t get the deal behind him doing that. I thought Mr. IB is now on Truth Social and Parler was all about freedom of speech.
Something must have gone done in the industry with Driskell. They don’t like it when you mention his name on ISD. I like the amount of content he puts out, but not the way he treats his employees on the podcasts.

irishtrooper

Reaction score
Something must have gone done in the industry with Driskell. They don’t like it when you mention his name on ISD. I like the amount of content he puts out, but not the way he treats his employees on the podcasts.
He screams insecurity when he repeatedly mentions how he’s the boss. A supervisor that has to keep telling people he’s the boss is annoying and irritating. His content is high and his football knowledge is high, but his personality seems to rub people the wrong way….. He’s not the worst, but some think so

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
He's also burned every bridge he ever built with the Gug, so Driskell never has reliable intel on the ND side of things. It doesn't pay to be an asshole.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
The subtext on the ISD thing is that he used to work there. And then he left to be a D2 WR coach and that didn’t go well, and so he came back to ISD and Mike Frank hired him back. And like… a lot of people weren’t happy about him being hired back because he had been a dick to them. I’ll skip most of the other details and just say that — after Mike had really gone out on a limb for him to give him a second chance — he then left to start a direct competitor. And fwiw, another ISD writer had passed on the offer from Maven to start the ND team site before they went to Driskell.

So he has bad blood with those guys, but he also has beef with Prister and 247 and I’m not sure who else for different reasons. For example, some of those guys accused or alluded to him of stealing their content and passing it off as their own.

No one has ever been hated on the beat like EJ Holland was though holy shit. I thought he might get punched by someone.

chisea03

Reaction score
Not surprised. A&M fans and insiders were saying that there wasn't any traction after his visit.

Johnson is going to KSU and Moore will likely be a ND-Oregon battle.
Novosad is working on setting up visits to OSU & TAM.

Reaper97

Reaction score
The subtext on the ISD thing is that he used to work there. And then he left to be a D2 WR coach and that didn’t go well, and so he came back to ISD and Mike Frank hired him back. And like… a lot of people weren’t happy about him being hired back because he had been a dick to them. I’ll skip most of the other details and just say that — after Mike had really gone out on a limb for him to give him a second chance — he then left to start a direct competitor. And fwiw, another ISD writer had passed on the offer from Maven to start the ND team site before they went to Driskell.

So he has bad blood with those guys, but he also has beef with Prister and 247 and I’m not sure who else for different reasons. For example, some of those guys accused or alluded to him of stealing their content and passing it off as their own.

No one has ever been hated on the beat like EJ Holland was though holy shit. I thought he might get punched by someone.
He worked for BGI for Stu Coman at Rivals before going to start his own thing at SI Maven. He left there in 2019 to go to his new site.
I can tell stories about EJ back from his time at 247 Texas site. And how he burned every bridge at 247 to get to BGI, then immediately jump to the Wolverine. Then he started attacking other reporters from ND & UM sites on Twitter.

SeekNDestroy

Reaction score
I regret posting in the political threads. I should’ve never clicked on any of the threads. But I went down the rabbit hole and I’m having trouble getting out. I’m here because I love Notre Dame football. I should’ve just “stuck to sports.”

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
I regret posting in the political threads. I should’ve never clicked on any of the threads. But I went down the rabbit hole and I’m having trouble getting out. I’m here because I love Notre Dame football. I should’ve just “stuck to sports.”
You’re doing great over there. I love the transparency.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
He’s not going to Michigan and we get Carr. OR is about as far away and under the radar as you can get for a good P5 program. There was always a 50/50 Chance CJ beat him out regardless. He’s out of our hair and not helping any Midwest powers. It’s a little disappointing but honestly, going to OR and getting Carr soften the blow almost completely for me.

Alaskan

Reaction score
He worked for BGI for Stu Coman at Rivals before going to start his own thing at SI Maven. He left there in 2019 to go to his new site.
I can tell stories about EJ back from his time at 247 Texas site. And how he burned every bridge at 247 to get to BGI, then immediately jump to the Wolverine. Then he started attacking other reporters from ND & UM sites on Twitter.
EJ sounds like a fun guy

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
EJ sounds like a fun guy
I kind of see him as a message board guy armed with a job title and a little media access who is living his life long dream contacting high school recruits. I feel like he could get fired and blackballed from the industry and still contact recruits.

Irishdrunk

Smartest Guy in the Room
Reaction score

I heard he supported Kelly until some 2011 Vandy Post Game conference where Kelly, not surprisingly, out-dicked him and then he became the lead Kelly hater.

Ricochet

Reaction score
I'm not pro or anti Driskell but he didn't leave ISD to start a direct competitor with Maven. After his 2nd go around with ISD he moved on to (Rivals) Blue and Gold. He was there when they brought on Mike Singer and EJ Holland. After that he quickly moved on SI/Maven and EJ thankfully moved on to cover Michigan.