'23 MI QB Dante Moore (Offer)

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Dam
Was really hoping I'd be able to watch him on TV one day
#Pac12AfterDark used to be my favorite part of the college football day.

Little night cap, a game you aren't really emotionally invested in on the tv while you may or may not fall asleep on the couch, in a satisfied stupor that your favorite thing is on your tv screen purely for enjoyment, and no other reason.

But now I'm too old for the 2:30am bedtimes lol

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
The fact that a 2024 QB made him decide to speed up his timeline and pivot from his long time favorite is …. a choice.

Surprised by the staffs lack of urgency with other '23 prospects. Unless they know Carr can reclassify once Moore commits elsewhere, we don't appear to be in contact with any other '23 QBs. Need to get a elite QB every other year at the minimum if you expect to compete for championships.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons that Moore is so infatuated with Oregon is Kenny Dillingham.

His OC career:

2018 Memphis- 8-6, 43 PPG. Okay great. Mickey Mouse conference. Team saw no drop off once he left.
2019 Auburn- 9-4, 33 PPG. 28th. Pretty good. Not amazing.
2020 FSU 3-6, 26 PPG. 75th. Awful team.
2021 FSU 5-7, 28 PPG. 66th. No improvement, really just skewed by a thrashing of UMass.

His only notable QB is Bo Nix who hasn't lived up to his 5 star hype at all.

Rees, for all his faults and inexperience, has a much better resume.

Have fun Dante.

Irish4life

Reaction score
The fact that a 2024 QB made him decide to speed up his timeline and pivot from his long time favorite is …. a choice.

Surprised by the staffs lack of urgency with other '23 prospects. Unless they know Carr can reclassify once Moore commits elsewhere, we don't appear to be in contact with any other '23 QBs. Need to get a elite QB every other year at the minimum if you expect to compete for championships.
It doesn't sound like an if Carr can do it, but rather an if Carr wants to do it.

SoIll

Licensed to Ill
Reaction score

This is where I am. They have to have a plan.. lol

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score

Yes, the lack of urgency is very interesting. I can't imagine MF is too dumb to know that a '23 QB is a priority. This, along with the serious lack of even a whisper that we are pursuing any '23 QB's at all, tells me Carr is a likely reclassify.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Marcus Freeman doesn't strike me as a "throw it against the wall and see if it sticks" type of guy, nor does he come across as someone that doesn't have a plan for most things.

That being said, I'm sure he's going to be accused of not having a plan and or urgency regardless.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
With regard to ‘23 QBs, you simply aren’t going to get a “good” uncommitted one right now unless someone lengthens their process. And if CJ is reclassifying, all of this is moot, but they are going to keep cards as close to the vest as possible about that for obvious reasons until it is official one way or another.

Most likely, ND will know by the fall whether CJ can reclassify. They’re probably putting out feelers to other players right now to gauge interest level. I would guess that if he DOESNT reclass then they will look to flip someone having a good senior season. Not ideal, but far from the end of the world.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
With regard to ‘23 QBs, you simply aren’t going to get a “good” uncommitted one right now unless someone lengthens their process. And if CJ is reclassifying, all of this is moot, but they are going to keep cards as close to the vest as possible about that for obvious reasons until it is official one way or another.

Most likely, ND will know by the fall whether CJ can reclassify. They’re probably putting out feelers to other players right now to gauge interest level. I would guess that if he DOESNT reclass then they will look to flip someone having a good senior season. Not ideal, but far from the end of the world.
99% of life. Well said.

Dale

Reaction score

This is in line with what others do, see OSU getting Brown last year, Walker Howard flirting, the Florida kid flirting with others. Nobody really lands blue Chip QBs in late summer and fall. It’s after disappointing seasons and coaching firings at this point.

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
So what is the real story (or, well, Shaun Davis' story) about Carr vs Moore?

I don't understand what conflict there would be here, other than personal issues. Did Carr steal his girl or something?

Dale

Reaction score
So what is the real story (or, well, Shaun Davis' story) about Carr vs Moore?

I don't understand what conflict there would be here, other than personal issues. Did Carr steal his girl or something?

Couldn’t even tell by the end of it. Didn’t make sense. Shaun could care less about ND landing QBs and WRs to actually just make the team better like anyone else, he just wanted to land Dante Moore and Carnell Tate to say we landed them and LL had the inside track from what I could tell.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Our guy Tom Loy getting lit up on the 247 board lol.

People want to know why the Moore's wouldn't ever let him make a CB prediction, but now Wiltfong was allowed to put one in, and if he regrets letting the Moore's dictate so much of his reporting on the recruitment.

I cannot wait for his 'behind the scenes' recruiting piece on the '23 class.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score

People want to know why the Moore's wouldn't ever let him make a CB prediction, but now Wiltfong was allowed to put one in, and if he regrets letting the Moore's dictate so much of his reporting on the recruitment.

I was thinking the same. At some point, the behind the scenes timeline is going to come out, and even with that we'll never truly know 100% of how it all played out.

BigHossBU

Reaction score

10 bucks says Loy comes back ultra defensive, patting himself on the back for how hard of a worker he is, after stringing together a couple of 2 minute message board replies, a 500 word recruiting article, and texting a couple sources to round out his strenuous work day. No one “grinds” harder for us, just ask him!

Huntr

24 Karat Shamrock
Reaction score

In his Mailbag column today, Sampson said he would bet on Carr reclassifying.

Dale

Reaction score
10 bucks says Loy comes back ultra defensive, patting himself on the back for how hard of a worker he is, after stringing together a couple of 2 minute message board replies, a 500 word recruiting article, and texting a couple sources to round out his strenuous work day. No one “grinds” harder for us, just ask him!

That’s Singers go to he always like reminding that he works hard. Loy’s in uncharted territory with this one. Gone a bit silent which if 247 know that’s not normal. I doubt we get a full answer anytime soon.

Reaper97

Reaction score
He still works WAY harder than Singer.
At least Loy will go to events, go to big recruiting weekends, & actually interview recruits in person.
Singer sits at home in Atlanta & waits for recruits to call him back. ND is literally recruiting a dozen ‘23 players still, yet Singer can’t get any info from them? Is it too difficult to get info on a couple guys a day? Instead he sits on the board & threatens people & smarts off all day.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
final_62b5f28a2c681f0052e79f6c_331326.gif