'23 MI QB Dante Moore (Offer)

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
I know dozens of die hard ND fans that have never heard the name Dante Moore. They don’t give a damn about recruiting. I think that’s the vast majority.

Those are the same guys I cannot stand watching games with... at least for the first few games. They are the fan that calls everyone by their number the first few games.

"That #23 looks good back there... his name Karen Williams?

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t believe many would hold a grudge if he signed. Once he’s in, he’s family. If he signed and the turned around and transferred, that’s a different story.

Most of the fan base doesn’t follow recruiting this closely. Most of my ND friends would know if someone like this committed, but would have no idea how the recruitment went.

We are the lunatic fringe.
FTFY
Shaun Davis said ND is still recruiting Dante and he's still talking to the commits. Apparently he's close with Braylon James.

At the end of the day, none of us posters know what's going on. I say we relax and just let this play out.

Hope springs eternal.
wedding-crashers-vince-vaughn.gif

arahop

Reaction score
This made me lol
I hear ya lol. Every time I visit IE. I click on the Dante Moore thread first. I know that there won't be any new developments but it's engrained in my morning habits
Shit, check Dante Moore thread, shower, shave
Those are the same guys I cannot stand watching games with... at least for the first few games. They are the fan that calls everyone by their number the first few games.

"That #23 looks good back there... his name Karen Williams?
Hard to watch games with dudes like them. I wish it didn't matter to me as much lol nothing against them. I just can't grow out of my 13 year old self. Hasn't gone away with age. I can't conversate at all during a game with fans or non fans. My Wife says that when I'm watching a game and people try and talk to me, I look at them like pointing to the screen with a "let's pay attention to the game kind of face" .

317Irish

Reaction score
I hear ya lol. Every time I visit IE. I click on the Dante Moore thread first. I know that there won't be any new developments but it's engrained in my morning habits
Shit, check Dante Moore thread, shower, shave

Hard to watch games with dudes like them. I wish it didn't matter to me as much lol nothing against them. I just can't grow out of my 13 year old self. Hasn't gone away with age. I can't conversate at all during a game with fans or non fans. My Wife says that when I'm watching a game and people try and talk to me, I look at them like pointing to the screen with a "let's pay attention to the game kind of face" .
My preferred ND game viewing atmospheres:
1) in the stadium with fellow ND megafans
2) at home with fellow ND megafans
3) at bar with fellow ND megafans
4) at home by myself
5) at home with wife and kids (both too young to be into it yet)

99) anywhere with hardcore ND haters or fair weather ND fans
100) anywhere with my father-in-law

Blazers46

Reaction score

Born and raised in Elkhart so I am used to being inside the stadium or tailgating around the stadium. Moving away and watching the game with someone like my father-in-law that I know is only watching with me to bond is really hard. Makes me want to move back. If I am watching on TV I much rather be solo.

My wife will tell me about 30 minutes before the game "I invited my dad over to watch"... I immediatly drink as much as I can pregame. Mostly because he thinks its the devils juice and I need to be drunk if hes coming over.

ND88

Reaction score
4) at home by myself

At least with haters, one can talk sh*t. It adds another dimension to the game. I’d put them above fair weather fans any day. There’s nothing worse than ND fans who are extremes - disinterested or prone to throw tantrums, both wanting attention like they’re the only ones watching the game.

Blazers46

Reaction score
4) at home by myself

How old exactly is your wife?

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
4) at home by myself

Yikes,… that sucks,… my FiL and I are really close. I’d watch a game with him

317Irish

Reaction score
We get along overall, he’s just an ND hater and poorly tries to hide it. He is very Flutie-like when watching games: Quiet when ND is up big, but starts getting chatty when games get close or when ND is getting ready to lose..

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
We get along overall, he’s just an ND hater and poorly tries to hide it. He is very Flutie-like when watching games: Quiet when ND is up big, but starts getting chatty when games get close or when ND is getting ready to lose..
Oh yeah,… I’d kill him

Blazers46

Reaction score
My FiL knows enough about sports to watch it and keep tabs on the local teams... but it gets really old hearing Karen Williams... is Manti still on the team.... why did they replace their QB from last year (forgetting kids graduate or get drafted)... or facts I already know "did you know they use real gold in their helmets?"

InKellyWeTrust

Reaction score
My FiL knows enough about sports to watch it and keep tabs on the local teams... but it gets really old hearing Karen Williams... is Manti still on the team.... why did they replace their QB from last year (forgetting kids graduate or get drafted)... or facts I already know "did you know they use real gold in their helmets?"
Wait...what?

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
God I hope he goes to Oregon. Fade into the mist and be a no factor for 4 years. Just don’t go to Michigan. Although, he’d be like their only recruit this year 😂

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
If he went to Michigan their class would start to pick up immediately.
Not much left for them to get unless the poach. They aren’t really in it for many. I think they finish outside top 10 even if they get 1 5 star. I think he’s Oregon bound regardless. The CB points that way. Only the one Michigan lunatic has UofM seriously in it at 50/50. But this kid likes to play games. He could be committed to Ball State silently. While I think he goes to OR, I’ve had a weird feeling he’s always going to be a signing day to Michigan decommit once the dust settles. I think anyone recruiting him but Michigan loses ultimately, even OR as I could see a one year and transfer. My gut says Michigan in the end, but my head says OR. We shall see. Either way, I’m getting a little impatient not hearing even a whisper about the Irish looking at any other ‘23 kids.

Last edited:

Sea Turtle

Reaction score
He did. He landed another 5 star that wasn’t playing games and was ready to get to work.
That's great, for the 2024 class.
It's not good to whiff this year. Especially when most think we kind of whiffed last year.
We are trying to compete with teams that are taking two some years like Alabama.
We should try to grab Avery Johnson. Great potential.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
That's great, for the 2024 class.
It's not good to whiff this year. Especially when most think we kind of whiffed last year.
We are trying to compete with teams that are taking two some years like Alabama.
We should try to grab Avery Johnson. Great potential.
We definitely need to be bringing in a top 10 or so QB every year or so like Bama, OSU, etc. But if Tommy can't do that then he needs to coach them up. If he can't do that, well, then he won't have a job for very long. The ball is in his court.