'23 MI QB Dante Moore (Offer)

NDdomer2

Staff member
Reaction score
Weak. Dude is an alumni. He still respects the university and gives back.

Was it intentional? I know there were guys like Folston that were in his corner, among others. He had to pay his dues and win the job from Golson. Then he finally gets the job, gets injured, and there was that whole Kelly moment on that Showtime series where he said "It's still your team, it'll be here when you return." He lost a step after the injury though, and the offense changed to suit Kizer more while he was out. It's a shame, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Malik was a competitor, maybe not a great practice player, but we saw his fire early when he played here in Dayton. Maybe part of him still felt like the spot was his after Kelly's comment and he wanted to keep fighting for it.
I would defer to others closer or who have the sub access. But I believe there was some serious discussion on this board that he was not being a good teammate and was serious disruptor to team chemistry there at the end of his time with ND.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
You have to be a mouth breathing moron to look at the Dante Moore situation and think that the correct play “let’s wait this one out and turn down a 5-star QB who wants to commit to us right now.”
Yeah, regardless of whatever the coaches know that we don't at this juncture, I think you'd be certifiable not to snag Carr if he wanted to verbal. There really isn't a scenario where you'd do that.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Kizer was just better. Sorry to say it.
In 2016 for sure, but he also looked like hot garbage in the 2015 Spring Game and he was seriously considering quitting football because he didn't think he had what it takes. Then Golson bolts, Malik gets injured, offense gets retooled around Kizer and magic happens. Life comes at you fast. Malik looked electric in those LSU and Texas games prior to the injury, a real dual threat.

Chicago Domer

Reaction score
I don’t believe many would hold a grudge if he signed. Once he’s in, he’s family. If he signed and the turned around and transferred, that’s a different story.

Most of the fan base doesn’t follow recruiting this closely. Most of my ND friends would know if someone like this committed, but would have no idea how the recruitment went.

We are a minority.

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
I don’t believe many would hold a grudge if he signed. Once he’s in, he’s family. If he signed and the turned around and transferred, that’s a different story.

Most of the fan base doesn’t follow recruiting this closely. Most of my ND friends would know if someone like this committed, but would have no idea how the recruitment went.

We are a minority.
I agree. I know dozens of die hard ND fans that have never heard the name Dante Moore. They don’t give a damn about recruiting. I think that’s the vast majority.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
In 2016 for sure, but he also looked like hot garbage in the 2015 Spring Game and he was seriously considering quitting football because he didn't think he had what it takes. Then Golson bolts, Malik gets injured, offense gets retooled around Kizer and magic happens. Life comes at you fast. Malik looked electric in those LSU and Texas games prior to the injury, a real dual threat.
Junior Jabbie was MVP of a spring game. In some cases, life leaves at you fast too.

Malik and Kelly were tight. I'm sure he has some mixed feelings about ND for various reasons. I think any rational, objective person has mixed feelings toward their school after they've gone. The older you get, the more people who were around when you were around end up not being there anymore.

Malik's time at ND is still pretty recent. If he has any reservations, hopefully they pass with time and he sees the positives that happened for him during his time there. If not, so it goes.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
Malik and Kelly were tight. I'm sure he has some mixed feelings about ND for various reasons. I think any rational, objective person has mixed feelings toward their school after they've gone. The older you get, the more people who were around when you were around end up not being there anymore.
Obviously not an ND alumnus.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
Junior Jabbie was MVP of a spring game. In some cases, life leaves at you fast too.

Malik's time at ND is still pretty recent. If he has any reservations, hopefully they pass with time and he sees the positives that happened for him during his time there. If not, so it goes.
It was more than one Spring Game though. He legit didn't think he was cutting the mustard and was thinking about dropping. Don't remember if he was going to try and switch to baseball or what.
In any case, Malik is pretty much all ND, there's no reservations. He might have some criticisms, but he mostly talks a lot about ND on his podcast from what I've seen. He hosts Irish Players' Club Twitter Spaces frequently. He loves ND and gives back. He certainly sees the positives.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
I mean, the dude has a podcast that is largely about Notre Dame football. Like a lot of people associated with Notre Dame it seems he views the place in a positive light, no matter what went down in 2016.
Whether his efforts are actually helping Notre Dame recruit football players in 2022 is a fair question too but I'd suspect he means well, at least. Calling him "a bitch" and "not an ND man" seems harsh at this point. Bygones and all that.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
I seriously doubt Zaire did anything to hurt Dante's recruitment at this point. I highly doubt Dante was ever really coming, and anything Zaire said was probably true and people just don't want to hear it.

So...what'd he say? :laugh:

NDdomer2

Staff member
Reaction score
I mean, the dude has a podcast that is largely about Notre Dame football. Like a lot of people associated with Notre Dame it seems he views the place in a positive light, no matter what went down in 2016.
Whether his efforts are actually helping Notre Dame recruit football players in 2022 is a fair question too but I'd suspect he means well, at least. Calling him "a bitch" and "not an ND man" seems harsh at this point. Bygones and all that.
Or ND football is an amazing brand that can make you some $$.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
So we're all clear, I didn't call him anything.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Shaun Davis said ND is still recruiting Dante and he's still talking to the commits. Apparently he's close with Braylon James.

At the end of the day, none of us posters know what's going on. I say we relax and just let this play out.
What's the fun in that?

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
Shaun Davis said ND is still recruiting Dante and he's still talking to the commits. Apparently he's close with Braylon James.

At the end of the day, none of us posters know what's going on. I say we relax and just let this play out.

Do any of the recruiting experts know? Or did they ever know anything… I would venture a guess to say, they did at one time but a lot has changed.

StPaul_Irish

Reaction score

Great, and I know some have said that it would not effect CJ, but I wouldn't risk it. CJ is a born leader, has the "it" and could be great. I am on the Re-classify and work on another 24 kid. I wouldn't do anything to put CJ at risk. Dante had his chance.