'23 MI QB Dante Moore (Offer)

Dale

Reaction score
What has Dante Moore actually done to warrant legitimate criticism?

Giving a verbal commitment to the staff and then not going public within the timeframe he told the staff he would and not returning to campus in favor of unofficial visits elsewhere. That then leaving the guys who put that trust in you and you communicate daily with confused and frustrated over what’s going on.

That’s a fair summary without using any larger NIL or rumor based implications. I’m not making any larger personal judgements on Moore but to act like oh that’s just a 5 star thing it’s okay, I don’t find that agreeable.

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score
Giving a verbal commitment to the staff and then not going public within the timeframe he told the staff he would and not returning to campus in favor of unofficial visits elsewhere. That then leaving the guys who put that trust in you and you communicate daily with confused and frustrated over what’s going on.

That’s a fair summary without using any larger NIL or rumor based implications. I’m not making any larger personal judgements on Moore but to act like oh that’s just a 5 star thing it’s okay, I don’t find that agreeable.
Honestly, I think if the criticisms were held to that realm, I wouldn’t have such a distaste for it. The whole GPA/academic dissection really was distasteful to me.

I think the biggest difference between Dante and Carr is the advice they’re getting and who they’re getting it from. I work with teenagers on the daily and they’re all innately wired pretty similarly. The difference is who they’ve got surrounding them and what they’re hearing from their support systems. Dante, in my observations of his recruitment versus CJs, is being/has been nurtured very differently in terms of how to handle this process.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
The fanbase has to remember that we are dealing with a 17 year old kid. Only Dante knows and all this speculation is...speculation.
It’s hard to remember this when most of us are in full 13 year old girl mode when it comes to recruiting five stars,…

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
Let me rephrase: What has Dante Moore actually done to warrant legitimate criticism? Right now we have grown men that are a step away from putting in a transcript request into King HS so we can determine if the kid has earned the right to qualify himself as a 4.0 student.

I honestly hope for him that he doesn’t come here because half the fanbase will always have a grudge against him because he didn’t handle his recruitment the way that a bunch of old men would have preferred.

I get what you are saying but some of those "old men" would be men on the ND coaching staff. If you break it down minus all the memes and assumptions to real news, it was apparent to staff he was all Irish and just taking visits. It was apparent to all the recruiting "experts" in the know the same. Somewhere something changed, we as fans are allowed to speculate and assume... that is why we have message boards in the first place. Based on the places Dante has been visiting it opens himself up for speculation and assumptions about what his motivations are as a player and QB.

When we contrast with Carr, who is a seedling of a Michigan legend and is committed to Irish so much there are rumors of reclassifying, it makes the Moore recruitment less appealing. One guy really wants to be here despite his family allegiance and the other is shopping around for... what? Best cafeteria food? Best women talent? Best city? Depth chart? NIL?

At the end of the day speculation and assumptions are what makes a message board a message board. There are different fans. The fans that attended ND and root for the school as well as the team, then there are fans that root for the football team that couldn't care less about the team GPA.

Then there there are the people that think 17 year kids shoud be treated with kid gloves. Then there are people that think 17 year olds are one year away from voting, war, marriage age, adulthood that expect more out of society and 17 year olds.

For me its easy. I grew up in Elkhart going to games every Saturday. I love the campus, the gold helmets, the grotto, the stadium, pretty much everything one can see on a Friday before the game and Saturday game day. Do I care much about the academics? Its honorable for sure and I give it enough respect and thought to be okay with a 10 win season knowing the hurdles the football team and athletes have to jump over compared to most of the top tier schools.

I have my favorite players like many do. The Shark... played baseball against him. I still have the ball he hit me with a pitch in our HS game. At one time Malik Zaire because I was friends with his father. Rocket. Watters. Teo. Cierre Wood ironically signed my kid a football and signed his game gloves and cleats. Eat breakfast with Gunner Kiel. Saw Brady Quinn buy a lady's groceries at the grocery store when I was standing behind him in line. Tons of others....

I have my players I dislike. Every player that commited to another school or transferred that was on top of the depth chart.

ND88

Reaction score
My hope is that DM chooses ND because he wants to be at ND, not for the fans. This requires sincere discernment between programs. ND has some excellent fans, but like many other programs, it also has its fair share of lames. Fandom is fickle, and it can’t be just about superficials. To the credit of some ND fans, I think we support ND because it promotes excellence in education and personal growth for student athletes on and off the field.

Redbar

Reaction score
I get what you are saying but some of those "old men" would be men on the ND coaching staff. If you break it down minus all the memes and assumptions to real news, it was apparent to staff he was all Irish and just taking visits. It was apparent to all the recruiting "experts" in the know the same. Somewhere something changed, we as fans are allowed to speculate and assume... that is why we have message boards in the first place. Based on the places Dante has been visiting it opens himself up for speculation and assumptions about what his motivations are as a player and QB.

Then there there are the people that think 17 year kids shoud be treated with kid gloves. Then there are people that think 17 year olds are one year away from voting, war, marriage age, adulthood that expect more out of society and 17 year olds.

For me its easy. I grew up in Elkhart going to games every Saturday. I love the campus, the gold helmets, the grotto, the stadium, pretty much everything one can see on a Friday before the game and Saturday game day. Do I care much about the academics? Its honorable for sure and I give it enough respect and thought to be okay with a 10 win season knowing the hurdles the football team and athletes have to jump over compared to most of the top tier schools.

I have my favorite players like many do. The Shark... played baseball against him. I still have the ball he hit me with a pitch in our HS game. At one time Malik Zaire because I was friends with his father. Rocket. Watters. Teo. Cierre Wood ironically signed my kid a football and signed his game gloves and cleats. Eat breakfast with Gunner Kiel. Saw Brady Quinn buy a lady's groceries at the grocery store when I was standing behind him in line. Tons of others....

I have my players I dislike. Every player that commited to another school or transferred that was on top of the depth chart.
Then there are some who think 17 year olds should have French benefits.

Last edited:

INLaw

Reaction score
There comes a time when a recruitment becomes more than exhausting and this is what Dante's recruitment has become in my opinion.

In all that I've read since visiting last, Dante is still going on visits & he has contacted ND, is he dragging ND along & has he been dragging ND along the whole time?

I've wanted Dante to commit to ND, but does he want to be here for the right reason(s) and if he were to commit would he stick?

It is hard for me to root for BK to beat Bama....you really think that boy scout B.S. will work against Bama.

When we contrast with Carr, who is a seedling of a Michigan legend and is committed to Irish so much there are rumors of reclassifying, it makes the Moore recruitment less appealing. One guy really wants to be here despite his family allegiance and the other is shopping around for... what? Best cafeteria food? Best women talent? Best city? Depth chart? NIL?

At the end of the day speculation and assumptions are what makes a message board a message board. There are different fans. The fans that attended ND and root for the school as well as the team, then there are fans that root for the football team that couldn't care less about the team GPA.

One of the best posts I have read in a long time

arahop

Reaction score
Drew Pyne will have a better ND career than Dante Moore. I say that because I seriously doubt Moore comes. You can be a 4.0 student and not be a cultural fit.
What makes him not a cultural fit? You wouldn't take Dante Moore? Just throw in the towel if he says " I want to play at Notre Dame"
"Sorry Dante.... You should have committed 3 weeks ago. Had you pulled the trigger earlier, we would have loved to take a top ten talent like you. Good luck elsewhere."

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
What makes him not a cultural fit? You wouldn't take Dante Moore? Just throw in the towel if he says " I want to play at Notre Dame"
"Sorry Dante.... You should have committed 3 weeks ago. Had you pulled the trigger earlier, we would have loved to take a top ten talent like you. Good luck elsewhere."
I've already said my piece. If Dante still wants in, fine, but I don't see it. I wonder if he ever really was a fit. He doesn't seem to know what he wants. The whole moving goalposts thing, continuing to take visits, telling people one thing and doing another, etc. Meanwhile Carr is a year behind him, visited campus and he knew he found something special. Cancelled his visits to SEC country then and there. That's a dude that hears the calling and feels the magic, that's a cultural fit. He's all in. It seems like more often than not when you have a conflicted guy like Dante they often end up flipping on us or it ends up with an early transfer. Just being realistic.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Hope Carr reclassifies and Sayin wants in
If Carr reclassifies, then hopefully we can get Sayin in '24. That would be a good alternative if we don't get Dante. Just have to hope that one or both of them turn out to be better than Dante. Would be a tough pill to swallow if Dante goes elsewhere and is the better QB of the 3.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
If Carr reclassifies, then hopefully we can get Sayin in '24. That would be a good alternative if we don't get Dante. Just have to hope that one or both of them turn out to be better than Dante. Would be a tough pill to swallow if Dante goes elsewhere and is the better QB of the 3.
Why would it be a tough pill to swallow? You can't force a kid to choose ND. He either wants to or he doesn't. Right now Dante still has an opportunity. It sure seems like the coaching staff pulled out all the stops for him thusfar, halting all other recruitments at QB for this year. If he winds up somewhere else we should support who DID decide to sign instead and not think twice about it. Dante has/had every opportunity to pick ND.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Why would it be a tough pill to swallow? You can't force a kid to choose ND. He either wants to or he doesn't. Right now Dante still has an opportunity. It sure seems like the coaching staff pulled out all the stops for him thusfar, halting all other recruitments at QB for this year. If he winds up somewhere else we should support who DID decide to sign instead and not think twice about it. Dante has/had every opportunity to pick ND.
I meant in the sense that if he goes elsewhere since we apparently lead for him for a long time. Kind of like way back in the day with Arrelious Benn.

ulukinatme

Pyne for QB 2022!
Reaction score
I meant in the sense that if he goes elsewhere since we apparently lead for him for a long time. Kind of like way back in the day with Arrelious Benn.
Fair. Ball is in his court and we've given him a big lead. It's up to him to decide if he wants to play.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
There comes a time when a recruitment becomes more than exhausting and this is what Dante's recruitment has become in my opinion.

In all that I've read since visiting last, Dante is still going on visits & he has contacted ND, is he dragging ND along & has he been dragging ND along the whole time?

I've wanted Dante to commit to ND, but does he want to be here for the right reason(s) and if he were to commit would he stick?

It is hard for me to root for BK to beat Bama....you really think that boy scout B.S. will work against Bama.
It’s only exhausting if you let it be. :giggle:
At this point I’ve pretty much quit posting in this thread because its been the same thing repeated over and over. I only check it periodically to see if something has happened. Less exhausting. Lol

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
I think if everyone puts two and two together there’s a pretty high chance Carr ends up in 2023 just by the fact the staff isn’t pushing hard for any other QB

irishandy

Reaction score
For Dante's case when he commits I hope he is happy where he commit's to. This recruitment is reminding me of Aaron Lynch's as mentioned above his grandfather was a big ND fan and his ashes were spread on ND's campus, but in the end Aaron transferred.

ND is not for everyone and if it's not for Dante don't commit here.

INLaw

Reaction score
Only drama sluts bring up how much they hate drama. Normal people dont bring it up. Its like when Everett Gholson committed, and every article was about how he plays all the instruments and is a Mensa candidate. Cheating scandal later and we realize he once plucked a buddies upright bass and plays a casio like gene from Bob’s Burgers. Dante or dante’s daddy or whatever is kind of all of that. In the end all the guys are figuring out at the same time they got a slut here and ultimately to the trailer park it goes in a t-tops of ‘84 trans em rocking out to Foghat. And the last man standing willing to take everyones sloppy seconds and drive pontiacs finest is probably Jimbo Fisher or a commie duck 🦆

greyhammer90

the drunk piano player
Reaction score
Only drama sluts bring up how much they hate drama. Normal people dont bring it up. Its like when Everett Gholson committed, and every article was about how he plays all the instruments and is a Mensa candidate. Cheating scandal later and we realize he once plucked a buddies upright bass and plays a casio like gene from Bob’s Burgers. Dante or dante’s daddy or whatever is kind of all of that. In the end all the guys are figuring out at the same time they got a slut here and ultimately to the trailer park it goes in a t-tops of ‘84 trans em rocking out to Foghat. And the last man standing willing to take everyones sloppy seconds and drive pontiacs finest is probably Jimbo Fisher or a commie duck 🦆
the-office-steve-carell.gif

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
I think if everyone puts two and two together there’s a pretty high chance Carr ends up in 2023 just by the fact the staff isn’t pushing hard for any other QB
I think everyone would be ecstatic to hear that including the ‘23 commits. Then this thread can get archived.