'23 MA LB Preston Zinter (Notre Dame Verbal)

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
I like this. Gives them a solid LB commit along with Bowen you won’t have to worry about wavering. Now go big game hunting for a 5 star LB and if it doesn’t work out, not the end of the world after the last class.

NDIrish88

Reaction score
Singer said the staff thinks he has Lb versatility to play will or Rover. Nice to have. I'd still take one more LB

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice.

SilverShadowyBushbaby-max-1mb.gif

irishog77

NOT SINBAD's NEPHEW
Reaction score
Singer said the staff thinks he has Lb versatility to play will or Rover. Nice to have. I'd still take one more LB
Eh, I don't know. If he's a 5-star, then I think you always take elite talent if it wants in. Otherwise, 7 LB's in 2 cycles for a position group that often only has 2 players on the field is a lot.
I think the staff will end up in another LB position crunch in a couple years on the recruiting trail where they'll have to oversign again and/or the transfer door will see a lot of exits.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Eh, I don't know. If he's a 5-star, then I think you always take elite talent if it wants in. Otherwise, 7 LB's in 2 cycles for a position group that often only has 2 players on the field is a lot.
I think the staff will end up in another LB position crunch in a couple years on the recruiting trail where they'll have to oversign again and/or the transfer door will see a lot of exits.

I don’t have the exact quote so I might be misremembering, but I coulda sworn I read that while he is being recruited as a LB, they like his versatility and could also see him as an H-Back

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
His film leaves me hoping that he can grow into a good sized Will LB. Shouldn't count the chickens before they hatch, but I like this pickup as well!

irish o'phile

Reaction score
It would be epic if he had all 28 hats on the table. They could do a birds eye view of the selection.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this is why you'll, hopefully, see them continue to push numbers. It's a little bit of a chicken and egg situation but do you want to recruit the numbers when the transfers happen? Or, expect that you'll have said transfers and recruit those numbers ahead of time?

Personally, I love bringing in a guy like Preston. Unlikely to be the guy that transfers out after 2-3 years if playing time is hard to come by, so you know what you'll get. While also allowing you to really push the envelope for a 3rd LB. At this point going forward there is very little risk to the LB class or LB room.

Dale

Reaction score
Until we actually see otherwise, I still believe ND will not see the transfer out issues others do. It’s simply not the reason much of the kids committed in the first place.

That was from last week. So add Takacs and we are at Takacs, Keys, Oghoufo and Gibbons leaving from the 2 deep during free portal times. Now JGH and Lamb could have certainly helped in retrospect but they transferred when buried just like any other kid would before the transfer rules changed. ND is not really seeing what others are, and that’s key underclassmen contributors or projected contributors transfer out. That’s a giant knock on wood but I just would not necessarily expect that trend, as whole, to stop.

irishff1014

Reaction score
He is a good recruit. I won’t say he is great. LB is an area we get to have some flexibility with. But I can remember a time when we would be excited about getting this type of prospect. He will be a good addition to the team.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And then Prister's Film Room which is a VIP article.

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Don't think he'll ever be a star but have little doubt he's going to be a strong rotational player throughout his career.

Dale

Reaction score
I usually don’t like “if he was” comparisons but if he grows 2 inches (assuming more like 6’2 currently) and isn’t from Massachusetts he’s a Top 150 type prospect. I think he’s a good building block at minimum but has more potential than getting credit for (by services)