'23 MA DL Boubacar Traore (Notre Dame Verbal)

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
LLgkESs.gif

Dale

Reaction score
Everyone on the ND side is sticking to this being an unofficial and BC side an official.

From the ND side, I guess the reason to cover for Traore may be that they don’t want it public that someone violated their “policy”

From the BC side, there has been a suggestion that they could be pushing the OV reporting in hopes to elicit a negative response from ND which would be pretty fucked up recruiting moves.

INLaw

Reaction score
Everyone on the ND side is sticking to this being an unofficial and BC side an official.

From the ND side, I guess the reason to cover for Traore may be that they don’t want it public that someone violated their “policy”

From the BC side, there has been a suggestion that they could be pushing the OV reporting in hopes to elicit a negative response from ND which would be pretty fucked up recruiting moves.
Yeah I don’t see how this ploy by BC ends up with them getting him back. So what best case scenario he goes to an unknown third school. Maybe that’s a little win for BC but I suppose their would be ways to fuck them too and why do they want to go tit for tat with a lion when they are a civet cat at best

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Again, if he makes his OV to Notre Dame this weekend, there’s nothing to see here.
If not, he probably winds up at Michigan or some such. And we’ll be fine.
I just hope he sticks because he’s gonna play my kid’s school this fall and I want to go get a look at him in person.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Singer just went on record saying he thinks it’s possible BC pushed the OV thing to create tension between ND & Traore and it was “a turd move.”

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
He showed up and gave them the opportunity
There is a difference though. Maybe Traore got the green light from our staff to take an unofficial to BC with friends, he shows up, and then Hafley--fully aware of our policy about no OVs for commits--decides to mischaracterize the visit as an "official" in the hopes of sowing discord between ND and one of the few elite recruits he's got a shot at?

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
He showed up and gave them the opportunity
He lives in Boston. He went with friends BC is recruiting. He was committed to BC for a year and a half and if he wanted to go there he'd still be committed.
This feels a lot like: Someone invited him along to their big weekend. He said "Why not." And after the fact BC tries to create some buzz and/or trouble.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Is there some type of rule or do they include it in the contract at BC that says every FB coach at BC is required to have a hard-on for ND? Leahy was over 50 years ago. Get over it.

Whiskeyjack

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there some type of rule or do they include it in the contract at BC that says every FB coach at BC is required to have a hard-on for ND? Leahy was over 50 years ago. Get over it.
Inferiority complex. They know they're "Backup College."

NDdomer2

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a difference though. Maybe Traore got the green light from our staff to take an unofficial to BC with friends, he shows up, and then Hafley--fully aware of our policy about no OVs for commits--decides to mischaracterize the visit as an "official" in the hopes of sowing discord between ND and one of the few elite recruits he's got a shot at?
Just saying he gave them the opportunity. And I put about zero respect on our no visit policy with the way other recruitments have played out.

Official or not. They are wining and dining these kids.

NDty9

Reaction score
hahahaah I HIGHLY DOUBT anyoneeeee at B.C gives a damn about an ND coach over 50 years ago lolol

its about doing anything they can to win back a commit they once had and desperately need.

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it would help BC by spreading that misinformation. Yeah maybe it creates a crack in the relationship with ND. But doesn't it blow up the relationship with BC entirely if it becomes clear that BC is lying about the visit?

Whiskeyjack

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it would help BC by spreading that misinformation. Yeah maybe it creates a crack in the relationship with ND. But doesn't it blow up the relationship with BC entirely if it becomes clear that BC is lying about the visit?
I assume the goal was to make ND overreact to fake news, thereby potentially driving a wedge between us and Traore.

Unlikely that Hafley telling their beat reporters (do they even have any?) to mischaracterize the visit as an official instead could backfire on them directly. Plausible deniability.

Reaper97

Reaction score
I don’t think BC is lying.

It probably technically was an official.
If they spent money on him to eat and stay the night with his buddies, it’s an Official.

The point is ND didn’t care & gave him permission and both ND & Traore are calling it an unofficial to stick with the policy.
BC is going out of their way to let everyone know it’s an Official.
There would be no point for them to do this publicly unless they are trying to make ND look bad.

NDMatt91

Reaction score

Boubacar is just one of nine kids on his team with FBS offers and a few others have FCS offers. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they are nationally ranked at some point this coming season. A bunch of kids who would normally go the boarding schools went to CM when John DiBiaso, the legendary Everett coach, took the CM job.

The scary thing is that if Traore's HS coach ended up at CM one year earlier, Samson Okunlola likely would've gone to CM as well. He only went to Thayer because his brother was already there. Ronan Hanafin might have ended up at CM, too.