'23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas Verbal)

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
The Athletic has an article on Arch. Pretty much still down to Texas, UGA and Bama. If you read between the lines, the favorite has to be Texas as the entire article was pretty much about Texas and the efforts to land him.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
The Athletic has an article on Arch. Pretty much still down to Texas, UGA and Bama. If you read between the lines, the favorite has to be Texas as the entire article was pretty much about Texas and the efforts to land him.
His recruitment started when he was in sixth grade and it still isn't over yet, but you have dudes out here posting about how "exhausted" they are over Dante Moore. LOL.

Manning is the only QB Sark has offered. It's all or nothing.

NDohio

Reaction score
Will Randle - a teammate of AM has just verbally committed to Texas...

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
Could help us with Sayin if the Carr reclassify happens. I think Sayin likes Texas, but I’d hate to try and beat out a Manning.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
I get that Sark is a good QB developer, and I guess Ewers is there in front of him, but the only way for expectations/pressure to be higher for Arch Manning is to also have to be the savior of Texas football. Go to Bama or Georgia, kid.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
I get that Sark is a good QB developer, and I guess Ewers is there in front of him, but the only way for expectations/pressure to be higher for Arch Manning is to also have to be the savior of Texas football. Go to Bama or Georgia, kid.
Yeah, you really hit the nail on the head. He's already got so many eyes on him as it is. This would only magnify that pressure and then some.

Ask Chris Simms.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Going to Texas is going to be a leap of faith. Going to the SEC won't make things any easier on that program.

Alabama and UGA have the infrastructure already there ready to roll for him.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
eli-sad.gif

Dale

Reaction score
Dante will be the only elite QB uncommitted by the weekend when Rashada commits.

but this is what recruiting 5 star QBs is.

ACamp1900

Counting my ‘bet against ND’ winnings
Reaction score
C
Someone will hook him soon. He has a Texas sized pedigree so it shouldn’t be too much longer until his recruitment is burnt, done and dusted,…

Am I doing this right??
yep, you’re doing it right.

Reps

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
My worry is the Mannings will not start writing checks to bring in WRs to surround their legacy with talent.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Like minds ACamp.

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
They might want to put some money towards a defense.
QBs tend to thrive statistically with a bad defense. Fantasy Football I always look for a good QB with a bad defense... but this could be different.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
QBs tend to thrive statistically with a bad defense. Fantasy Football I always look for a good QB with a bad defense... but this could be different.
I do believe you're correct that real life could be different than fantasy football, and in this particular case there is zero doubt. This is a Power Five college football program with a dumpster fire issue on the defensive side of the ball.

Last year they scored 35 per game and allowed 31 per game (99th in 'Merica out of 130). They went 5-7 and didn't get a 5-7 "there are two many games so we need teams" invite to a bowl.

They've been hot garbage defensively now for some time.

Whiskeyjack

Mittens Margaritas Ante Porcos
Staff member
Reaction score
It makes sense. UT jumped from 42nd to 12th in Adjusted Line Yardage between 2020 and 2021, and their 2022 OL haul was elite.

Sark obviously cares about whether he'll be fielding a competent defense, but that's probably of secondary concern to the Mannings. An underperforming blue-blood program with a huge fanbase, a good OL, and plenty of elite offensive skill talent is all he needs to win a Heisman and leave after three years as the first pick in the draft.