'23 LA QB Arch Manning (Texas Verbal)

ND88

Reaction score
Should be the difference vs Kansas.

I’m not a Texas fan by any means, but are we ready to hate A&M for real for real? I can feel the urge to seriously amp up the sh*t talk regarding their wackass coach and program. They just feel like natural enemies.

Irish2155

Reaction score
SEC!!! Sort of…

Yeah, kind of makes sense to me. Sark slings it but I honestly don’t see this working out well.

Best of luck!!!

General Colon Bowel

Reaction score
I’m not a Texas fan by any means, but are we ready to hate A&M for real for real? I can feel the urge to seriously amp up the sh*t talk regarding their wackass coach and program. They just feel like natural enemies.
As an ND fan from birth who graduated from A&M - absolutely. I'm sure proximity plays a factor in my opinion, but I ended up loathing A&M sports because of how obnoxious and delusional their fan base was (and continues to be).

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
I'll admit that I haven't seen more than 15 minutes of tape on Arch, but I'm not convinced he's a can't miss recruit. He's certainly good, but I haven't seen anything that made me think, "DAYUMMMM!" I hope he does well, but I tend to think about half that 5th star is based on his name only.

T-Boone

Reaction score
why does everyone get wished the best of luck? This guy is set for life regardless. If I've got luck to hand out (also assuming a limited supply) it is totally going to someone who needs it.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
I'll admit that I haven't seen more than 15 minutes of tape on Arch, but I'm not convinced he's a can't miss recruit. He's certainly good, but I haven't seen anything that made me think, "DAYUMMMM!" I hope he does well, but I tend to think about half that 5th star is based on his name only.
Maybe it's what's between the ears? Everyone talks about arm strength and athleticism, but one thing that doesn't show up on tape is the speed with how he's recognizing and processing things.

NDLS_USMC

Reaction score
As an ND fan from birth who graduated from A&M - absolutely. I'm sure proximity plays a factor in my opinion, but I ended up loathing A&M sports because of how obnoxious and delusional their fan base was (and continues to be).
ND grad, no A&M affiliation except through friendships and I have solid respect for the institution and alum bonds. I consider it to be right up there with the Academies and ND in terms of core values and community spirit.

That said, deffo some weird rituals esp the singing/chanting stuff.

All my Aggie buddies are like Cubs fans regarding their sports—eternal hope for the best but at same time resigned to not winning it all.

Ndaccountant

Old Hoss
Reaction score
why does everyone get wished the best of luck? This guy is set for life regardless. If I've got luck to hand out (also assuming a limited supply) it is totally going to someone who needs it.
so-salty.gif

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it's what's between the ears? Everyone talks about arm strength and athleticism, but one thing that doesn't show up on tape is the speed with how he's recognizing and processing things.
The only evidence that he might be a five-star talent between the ears is family blood lines, and even that doesn't mean anything until he gets into a college playbook and can start proving it. So I can see the argument that he really should just be rated as a mid-range 4-star QB based on what his film shows.

HOWEVER... guys get high ratings based on physical *potential* alone all the time, so why shouldn't Arch get the same treatment and a lofty ranking based on his potential to be a mental wizard?

You've got 5-star guys based on how they physically project... you can have 5-star guys based on how they mentally project. Projecting the mental side of things is obviously much more difficult, and not realistic for 99% of prospects, but it seems like an okay bet with Arch.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Peyton had a top 10 defense with the colts maybe 4 times. In contrast Brady has had one just about every year he has ever played. Peyton's team were not crap because of Peyton but were crap without him... which is how they drafted Andrew Luck #1 after his DNP season. Colts 2-14 without Manning.... NE was 14-6 without Brady. As a Manning and Colts fan... a lot Manning's teams were bad.
I'm a Bears fan.

Send me all the bad 10-6 or 12-4 teams. I'll endure.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Whatever. I've lost count of how many dickhead schools there are that start with the letter T and wear orange I hope to see be defeated as much as possible.

Irish du Nord

Reaction score
Whatever. I've lost count of how many dickhead schools there are that start with the letter T and wear orange I hope to see be defeated as much as possible.
I'm gonna extend this to schools that don't wear the color orange. Looking at you Tulane.