'23 LA LB Jaiden Ausberry (Notre Dame Verbal)

Dale

Reaction score
Crazy that his rankings have dropped like they have because I haven't heard any negatives about any of his camp outings. Was a consensus top 50 kid but now he is ranked just outside the top 100.

Great pick up.

His size both height and frame and speed (verified) per 247. Not to say he won’t be a good college LB but as projects to NFL. Think Nakobe Dean.

BeauBenken

Shut up, Richard
Staff member
Reaction score
His size both height and frame and speed (verified) per 247. Not to say he won’t be a good college LB but as projects to NFL. Think Nakobe Dean.
Which is who I was thinking of...ya know, a 3rd round potential guy. Isn't that better than the #17 linebacker? (Dean also won Butkus and was a Consensus All-American.)

Dale

Reaction score

Dale

Reaction score

Dale

Reaction score
Which is who I was thinking of...ya know, a 3rd round potential guy. Isn't that better than the #17 linebacker? (Dean also won Butkus and was a Consensus All-American.)

Not saying I agree but it’s what Cooper Petagna said (who I do value versus most other in the industry). The argument would be Dean was one of the best linebackers in college football recently and still was only a third round pick compared to his less productive teammates drafted higher. So in the array of possible results for Ausberry NFL wise I do get it. It’s just a college productivity versus NFL projection debate.

Give us all the JOKs and Nakobe’s.

Domina Nostra

Reaction score
Not saying I agree but it’s what Cooper Petagna said (who I do value versus most other in the industry). The argument would be Dean was one of the best linebackers in college football recently and still was only a third round pick compared to his productive teammates drafted higher. So in the array of possible results for Ausberry NFL wise I do get it. It’s just a college productivity versus NFL projection debate.

Exactly how I feel.

INLaw

Reaction score
Not saying I agree but it’s what Cooper Petagna said (who I do value versus most other in the industry). The argument would be Dean was one of the best linebackers in college football recently and still was only a third round pick compared to his productive teammates drafted higher. So in the array of possible results for Ausberry NFL wise I do get it. It’s just a college productivity versus NFL projection debate.

For my own enjoyment I am gonna add my extra excitement for all the talk of his leadership and intangibles to feel like he is even a smidge more valuable then thar decent/accurate evaluation.

INLaw

Reaction score
Hire a top dc who coaches linebackers = all the linebackers. Make him head coach = all the linebacker. I may be math dumb but that works for me

INLaw

Reaction score
Someone correct if I am wrong. I think his dad work’s for LSU and his dad was kind of scapegoated for some Orgeron scandals. So him and his older brother were not going to go to LSU big brother visited us last year and committed to Auburn.

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
limmy-steve-walsh.gif

LFG

Reaper97

Reaction score
Someone correct if I am wrong. I think his dad work’s for LSU and his dad was kind of scapegoated for some Orgeron scandals. So him and his older brother were not going to go to LSU big brother visited us last year and committed to Auburn.
Yep. The family is not happy with LSU athletic administration at all.
LSU can’t touch him though because he would sue the crap out of them because they are in the wrong, not him.
So he keeps his job, but sends his sons elsewhere.

phillyirish

Reaction score
Crazy that his rankings have dropped like they have because I haven't heard any negatives about any of his camp outings. Was a consensus top 50 kid but now he is ranked just outside the top 100.

Great pick up.
Brenan Vernon went from #9 overall in the country to outside the Top 100 (#112). Insane.

Drayk Bowen went from #29 to #94.

INLaw

Reaction score
Yep. The family is not happy with LSU athletic administration at all.
LSU can’t touch him though because he would sue the crap out of them because they are in the wrong, not him.
So he keeps his job, but sends his sons elsewhere.
Thank you for replying to my post and clarifying :)

ColinKSU

I'm Colin NOT from Kansas
Reaction score
I know they’re using him being small to ding his ranking, but that seems like less of an issue in today’s game and none of the championship level teams that wanted him sure seemed to mind.

T-Boone

Reaction score
Not saying I agree but it’s what Cooper Petagna said (who I do value versus most other in the industry). The argument would be Dean was one of the best linebackers in college football recently and still was only a third round pick compared to his less productive teammates drafted higher. So in the array of possible results for Ausberry NFL wise I do get it. It’s just a college productivity versus NFL projection debate.

So the rankings out of high school are of how they will be as pros rather than at college?

Redbar

Reaction score
Congratulations to Jaiden, and the entire Ausberry/Morial family! Huge accomplishment, so proud!