'23 KS RB Dylan Edwards (Notre Dame Verbal)

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
Some good news!! This is a good reminder that we are Alabama to the Kansas State fan base. Hell, take Avery Johnson while we’re at it.

T-Boone

Reaction score
Some good news!! This is a good reminder that we are Alabama to the Kansas State fan base. Hell, take Avery Johnson while we’re at it.
Except ND is desperate to win and we have a rookie coach. Bama are just greasy and an old coach who is just a lingerer.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
This kid can be the difference between a good and great offense. Having a threat that can be moved from slot to backfield, motioned across, I'm really geeked about the potential of getting Dylan. He's a great complement to the rest of our guys.

arrowryan

Reaction score
I just hope they figure out how to utilize his skill set. Scat backs and smaller receivers don’t have a history of great success at Notre Dame recently.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
This kid can be the difference between a good and great offense. Having a threat that can be moved from slot to backfield, motioned across, I'm really geeked about the potential of getting Dylan. He's a great complement to the rest of our guys.
Weren't we saying the same thing about Tyree?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

T-Boone

Reaction score
I am not going to look at his film but good to hear he is someone we need and has speed. Let’s go!

Armyirish47

Reaction score
Speaking specifically about offensive versatility.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I think Tyree not being able to stay healthy is what has slowed that. Last year he made some big strides at being a versatile weapon.

55 carries for 222. 24 catches for 258.

If he can stay upright and the other backs can do their part between the tackles I think we just about have him unlocked.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
I think Tyree not being able to stay healthy is what has slowed that. Last year he made some big strides at being a versatile weapon.

If he can stay upright and the other backs can do their part between the tackles I think we just about have him unlocked.
This and being a running back. I think this kid could do damage as a slot if they dedicate him to that solely.

Laker

Reaction score

I think there is a good chance Tyree has a ton of production this year if healthy. That's just been his biggest issue, but the talent is clearly there.

Edwards would be a great addition and a nice compliment to Limar in the class. It’s easy to see him being an impact player in the return game and in the passing game out of the backfield on choice routes, screens, etc. Just get it to him in space.

Domina Nostra

Reaction score
I feel bad For Kansas state. They are get screwed just like ND is with the visits.

Here’s the thing, I agree that kids should not commit until “committed.” In that sense, every flip is screwing the other school.

But if the opportunity is objectively better, it is different. An opportunity to go to, say, Stanford is better for the kid than Washington State. I’m not sure what I’d even say to the kid if I were the Washington St. coach?

Reaction score
Kid should probably stick with KSU or similar B12 type where they blow coverages and turn guys loose

Can't envision being able to consistently deliver a pass to a guy this small

And I don't think I've ever seen a non-contested completion in Rees offense anyways. Designing little guys open isn't exactly one of his strengths

Too slim to play running back. Not even close to same build as Tyree

Could return punts I guess

lcaps20

Reaction score
Kid should probably stick with KSU or similar B12 type where they blow coverages and turn guys loose

And I don't think I've ever seen a non-contested completion in Rees offense anyways. Designing little guys open isn't exactly one of his strengths

1659195629821.gif

Sea Turtle

Reaction score

Yeah, we sure don't want Nyheim Hines types on our team.

Reaction score
Yeah, we sure don't want Nyheim Hines types on our team.
Tarik Cohen says whaddup

Sweet logic

So any 6'0 WR recruit is next Jamarr Chase?

Said he can be a good return guy but he's never going to be a regular fixture

He's the kinda kid that goes to TCU or something and has a nice little career there and surprises you with a fancy run or return while their playing against Oklahoma in one of those 66-38 games

I just think he'd fare better at a school like that

arrowryan

Reaction score
Sweet logic

He's the kinda kid that goes to TCU or something and has a nice little career there and surprises you with a fancy run or return while their playing against Oklahoma in one of those 66-38 games

Not every kid is going to be an every down player. It’s just not possible.

But he absolutely can have a role in this offense. That’s the staff’s responsibility to figure out what that role is.

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score
Sweet logic