'23 KS QB Avery Johnson (Offer)

INLaw

Reaction score
Should be able to overtake K state even with a late push. Oregon would worry me. Washington less than oregon

Domina Nostra

Reaction score
I never liked` Moore as an ND QB recruit (sounds like a nice kid generally) because I think QBs should do research and commit early. There is one spot and you are supposed to be a leader and build your team. Supposedly the modern world doesn't work like that, but its what Carr did and Johnson tried to do--so go figure.

However, and I'm going to be honest, I completely wrote off Johnson because he looked like a girl in the first pictures I saw of him. It wasn't the long hair. It was the long blond hair on a really skinny and kind of pretty kid.

His highlights are very good. If he fills out, he could be really good in our system.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Exciting player, but I don’t know if I see it with him at QB. Needs a lot of work in the passing game. Big boom or bust guy. However, if he busts, the scholarship could still be put to get use as he could be moved to another position a la Avery Davis since he’s an elite athlete. He would’ve been the perfect guy to take a gamble on if he were in the 2022 class and they were getting a top tier QB in 2023. However, things could be dicey if Rees once again can’t score a top tier QB like in the 2022 class.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Per this interview, he intentionally left the last week in June open if another school wants to jump in.

I noticed during that interview, he kept looking elsewhere instead of at the cute blonde with that top. lol

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Don’t know enough to say but he gave Washington high remarks from his OV. And, Kansas State has been around for awhile.

Good. It's been a while since we had a good head to head recruiting spar with that team from the Pacific NW.

Speaking of that, how the heck is Asa Turner doing, anyways?!

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
Goodness gracious. There are over 6 months until NSD and you don't think between the pool of uncommitted and those committed to a lesser programs, there's one guy who would come here? FFS.

Irish'15

I’m not a businessman; I’m a business, man.
Reaction score
Goodness gracious. There are over 6 months until NSD and you don't think between the pool of uncommitted and those committed to a lesser programs, there's one guy who would come here? FFS.
Not if we don’t want anyone. That also means there is 18 months before Carr signs somewhere. We can’t afford to miss. Still waiting on someone to post something since 2021 that says Johnson has even a whisper of interest in Notre Dame

Last edited:

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
I did a search of this kid's name and it was three pages of his name coming up in the Dante Moore thread before I found the kid's actual thread itself.

I won't go so far as to say I'm "exhausted", but Tapdancing Touchdown Jesus....what a long strange trip.

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
Very good athlete, which has been said in posts previously in here already, but it stands out in the highlights. He can run but throws a nice enough ball that you can see he's far from a finished product.

He doesn't look like one of the modern day robot HS QB that's been drilled and drilled and drilled to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars in private coaching. Looks way more old school in the sense of just being a very good athlete playing the most important position on the field.
Undoubtedly would redshirt but I would not consider him just a body to take for the sake of taking a QB.