'23 KS QB Avery Johnson (Offer)

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
Unless someone can come up with a logical counter argument to this thought, we need to stop the freak out concerning Dante and Oregon.
Exactly also ND has it in their favor that his parents are only a few hours away from South Bend.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
Unless someone can come up with a logical counter argument to this thought, we need to stop the freak out concerning Dante and Oregon.
No let's fret and freak out and yell about the incompetence of Tommy Rees. It's a Notre Dame tradition that's been going on for a decade now.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is just good recruiting from both Oregon and finally from ND. ND should've done what Oregon did and had both of their top 2 on campus right next too each other, in an attempt to take the first in. As soon as both left Oregon uncommitted they stepped it up with another prospect. Looks like we're finally doing that. We just had to lose Vizzina to see it, I guess.

irishtrooper

Reaction score
Really? No reason… If Moore is a silent commit (who knows), isn’t it better to keep another option or two within the realm of possibility…? What if Moore is a silent, changes his mind in the fall with NIL cash or whatever and Rees has no relationship with any other QBs? That is bad preparation and this board would skewer him for it. No matter what Moore’s status, looking at other options makes sense. NOTHING is for sure, although if Moore publicly commits it would send a concerning message still looking around. Until Moore is ready to commit and shut it down (which I believe he ultimately will for ND), you kinda have to play it this way….. I definitely don’t think he’ll flip if he does commit either based on my read on the young man. Seems to be deliberate and thoughtful based on how it’s gone. The fact that he’s so deliberate makes me worry less about him being a Duck

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score
ND zeroing in on one recruit - IE going apeshit, how incompetent is the staff to only look at one option?

ND looking at multiple recruits - IE going apeshit, how incompetent is the staff to not lock in the best option?
Now do it as a Venn Diagram.

Dale

Reaction score

NDdomer2

Staff member
Reaction score
There's too much solid WR traction for me to think we aren't selling Dante as the QB. It happening or not is still tbd.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Not seeing Johnson throw could mean they got more confirmation from Moore.

NDty9

Reaction score
There's too much solid WR traction for me to think we aren't selling Dante as the QB. It happening or not is still tbd.
Could be that… but could very well be the addition of a Head coach who recruits his A** off, as well as an actual WR coach in the building, who can both recruit and coach (by all accounts)

NDdomer2

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be that… but could very well be the addition of a Head coach who recruits his A** off, as well as an actual WR coach in the building, who can both recruit and coach (by all accounts)
and likely all of the above.

StPaul_Irish

Reaction score
I have said from the start that Moore is my guy, but I have also said that Johnson would be VERY high on my list if not my #2. Dude looks like he has a decent arm (will get better as he fills out) and boy oh boy can he scoot.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the event that we are able to get back into this recruitment, let’s get caught up on this dude.

He obviously showed out well at the Elite 11 regional in Nashville. He also tested extremely well. Crazy good athlete.