‘23 KS OL Joe Otting (Notre Dame Verbal)

Irish'15

I’m not a businessman; I’m a business, man.
Reaction score
Anyone know what the scouts are missing?

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
The first move. It sounds like he'll be moving up, likely into the top 20 for the position. He's still a developmental prospect but he's got a lot of "traits".

I'm perfectly happy taking a flyer on a guy like this. He wants to be at ND, he wants to be developed and he's willing to let the development take place over 2+ years which is often needed. And he could turn out to be a great centerpiece for us.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who knows if the scouts are missing anything really but if I had to guess it'd be size. He's likely in the 6'3-6'4 range and 260-270 lbs. So, that's on the short side and the projection requires him to gain significant weight.

Dale

Reaction score

Who knows if the scouts are missing anything really but if I had to guess it'd be size. He's likely in the 6'3-6'4 range and 260-270 lbs. So, that's on the short side and the projection requires him to gain significant weight.

Bud Elliott for 247 has spoke at length that many of their bigger “misses”’ on the OL/DL like a zero star Northern Iowa OL getting drafted for example is guys adding weight and retaining athleticism that they didn’t project. So hidden basketball athleticism + add weight = a “gem”. Would seem somewhat applicable here.

Irish'15

I’m not a businessman; I’m a business, man.
Reaction score
Bud Elliott for 247 has spoke at length that many of their bigger “misses”’ on the OL/DL like a zero star Northern Iowa OL getting drafted for example is guys adding weight and retaining athleticism that they didn’t project. So hidden basketball athleticism + add weight = a “gem”. Would seem somewhat applicable here.
Makes sense. Remember Stephen Neal? All Pro OL for the Patriots blocking for Tom Brady. Didn’t play college football. Was an NCAA wrestler. He walked on to the Patriots. Legend says he had to be taught how to put on shoulder pads. He was just an absolute freak of nature athlete. Actually one of the only wrestlers to beat Brock Lesnar, in real wrestling. He was about 6’4 285 in college. Pure muscle, no body fat though. Easy to stack on 50 when you’re cutting for 285.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
Centers need to be good athletes to be great centers too. His coach was the one who suggested that he probably projected best at center.

Armyirish47

Reaction score
Centers need to be good athletes to be great centers too. His coach was the one who suggested that he probably projected best at center.

All lineman need to be good athletes to be great lineman. I would still rather have his level of athleticism at his size at guard than center, I guess me and his coach can compare state championship rings in our spare time lol.

NDdomer2

Staff member
Reaction score
All lineman need to be good athletes to be great lineman. I would still rather have his level of athleticism at his size at guard than center, I guess me and his coach can compare state championship rings in our spare time lol.
4k0e5e.jpg