‘23 KS OL Joe Otting (Notre Dame Verbal)

Dale

Reaction score
Rees will have seen him live and sent it to Hiestand and Hiestand seen him live now.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
Yeh. I got that. I was waiting for the OLine King to get actual close-up eyes on him, and now that's happened. So, the process is at work.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This one is a little more interesting because I would assume it means we couldn’t also take both Freeling and Jagusah as 6 OL seems very excessive.

NDIrish88

Reaction score
This one is a little more interesting because I would assume it means we couldn’t also take both Freeling and Jagusah as 6 OL seems very excessive.
Gotta be some transfers happening to take that many as well.

irishandy

Reaction score
Great comparison to Joe Alt, in my Lindy's college football magazine they have Alt listed as the starting LT.

I was hoping that Jagusah would've committed by now, but he has extended his recruitment. Jagusah & Freeling are still takes.

Speaking of transfers, one that comes to mind is Tosh Baker.

arrowryan

Reaction score
Great comparison to Joe Alt, in my Lindy's college football magazine they have Alt listed as the starting LT.

I was hoping that Jagusah would've committed by now, but he has extended his recruitment. Jagusah & Freeling are still takes.

Speaking of transfers, one that comes to mind is Tosh Baker.
Supposedly, Tanona is having lingering issues from a car accident earlier in the year.

NDMIA

Reaction score
I’ll bet it’s Otting, Paige, Jagusah, and Freeling for 3 spots. I hope the latter 2 fill those spots in that trio but not sure. It’s definitely setting up for Hiestand to put the pressure on Jagusah and Freeling to get into the class ASAP. If only one of Jagusah or Freeling make it into this class could you make the argument that it’s a disappointing haul?

TheRealLynch51

Reaction score
I’ll bet it’s Otting, Paige, Jagusah, and Freeling for 3 spots. I hope the latter 2 fill those spots in that trio but not sure. It’s definitely setting up for Hiestand to put the pressure on Jagusah and Freeling to get into the class ASAP. If only one of Jagusah or Freeling make it into this class could you make the argument that it’s a disappointing haul?
Is it a disappointment from what it potentially could have been? Sure. But if we miss on Freeling and get Jagusah, and Harry has had the opportunity to have the lower ranked guys work out in person for him while still accepting their commitments, I'm fine with it.

Domina Nostra

Reaction score
Otting seems like a Center, so he would not competing with anyone if that is the case. I bet they would take all 5 if Otting and Paige commit first.

They have plenty of room since they are only take 1 WR per class now...

INLaw

Reaction score
Would they take a 6 man OL class? Seems excessive even with some attrition.
Next years Oline class has less talent and or less talent in ND friendly regions. Could be a 6 this year only 3 next year

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Would they take a 6 man OL class? Seems excessive even with some attrition.
The IB folks said they don't see the staff taking 6 in this class. It'll be Jagusah, Paige and ideally Freeling. If Freeling goes elsewhere they'll put the full court press on Otting or try and flip someone else.

Next year's OL class, like you said, isn't as talented, but they're in a good position with Guerby Lambert and Peter Jones. If they decide to offer and push for Ian Moore he will likely be in the class as well.

Reaper97

Reaction score
The IB folks said they don't see the staff taking 6 in this class. It'll be Jagusah, Paige and ideally Freeling. If Freeling goes elsewhere they'll put the full court press on Otting or try and flip someone else.

Next year's OL class, like you said, isn't as talented, but they're in a good position with Guerby Lambert and Peter Jones. If they decide to offer and push for Ian Moore he will likely be in the class as well.
I think Otting will be committing soon.
ND is fading with Freeling.

NDMD

Reaction score
I think Otting will be committing soon.
ND is fading with Freeling.
ISD suggested they'll keep recruiting Freeling, but if Otting/Paige look good enough in person, they'd rather have their class locked in sooner than wait on Freeling, who's likely to take his recruitment late into the. year.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that’s quite the comp for him
Yea, Jamie U is really high on him. And, it's easy to see why. He moves very well for an OL. It's just a matter of what he looks like at a much heavier weight.