'23 IL OT Charles Jagusah (Notre Dame Verbal)

Reaper97

Reaction score
Are sites just trying to drum up suspense with the Jagusah recruitment?

Someone mentioned 247 & national guys saying Michigan made a move. Now Singer is saying Michigan made a move and ND is only a slight leader.

My problem is Singer is worthless. He rarely talks to recruits, never sees them play or travels to South Bend for huge recruiting weekends, he always reports what everyone else is a day later & basically gives generic, crappy “inside” info.
All his “lucky charms” is info already publicly known, or info he just copied & pasted from another On3 reporter, or just generic BS.

So him saying Michigan made a move on Jagusah last night in his lucky charms seems like he just read other sites’ old info and regurgitated it like always.

For those who don’t get Singer’s “lucky charms,” which is his “inside recruiting” updates, here is a summary of last night’s;

1) Keeley is locked in to ND, but programs will continue to push for him until signing day…. So Singer is saying others will continued to recruit the best defensive player in the country? Wow, that’s inside info.

2) Oregon offered Flannigan.
That’s public info on Twitter. Not “inside info.”

3) Michigan made a move on Jagusah, but still expects ND to land him.
Okay, so repeating what every other site said 2-3 days ago as “inside info.”

4) Cam Williams is announcing (which is public knowledge) & if he picks ND it would be quite the upset because Cam & his entire family are Michigan fans (public knowledge & already covered by everyone).

I literally read stuff on here, then two days later Singer will report it as inside info.

So with Jagusah, it seems like one report is just making the rounds, & everyone is using it, including Singer now?

arrowryan

Reaction score
Yeah but nothing worth noting. Should be in decision mode soon, per Loy’s interview.

Regarding Cam Williams, all of the crystal balls are on ND. It’d be a surprise if he didn’t pick the Irish.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Yeah but nothing worth noting. Should be in decision mode soon, per Loy’s interview.

Regarding Cam Williams, all of the crystal balls are on ND. It’d be a surprise if he didn’t pick the Irish.
According to IB, the big hold up for Jagusah was getting his mom on campus. Then Shaun said when he spoke to Jagusah he was told that Jagusah was ready because he got all the info he needed and could decide now, which goes back to getting his mom on campus I think.
Either way, I didn’t think there was much drama here & some sites are trying to make it look like it’s close?

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
Does Jagusah have a date in mind? I am really ready to see this one close.

Chob1992

Reaction score
Don’t comment often, but this thread made me question my whole existence. If we land Jagusah we’ll literally have at worst a top 3-5 o-line class, coupled with the o-line talent we have already, and there’s fans questioning it and disappointed in our o-line recruiting? Just surprised we have fans that low of an IQ or am I being trolled

Reaper97

Reaction score
Don’t comment often, but this thread made me question my whole existence. If we land Jagusah we’ll literally have at worst a top 3-5 o-line class, coupled with the o-line talent we have already, and there’s fans questioning it and disappointed in our o-line recruiting? Just surprised we have fans that low of an IQ or am I being trolled
I literally just skipped all those posts talking about ND not recruiting OL well.
I don’t even waste time reading crazy stuff like that.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
O-Line and Talking Head convos being moved to the appropriate places.

Back to Jagusah news here folks.

stpeteirish

Reaction score
It’s what you would call a minority opinion

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Loy hears he's announcing in July. Teams (UM and Arkansas I guess) are negative recruiting ND because of the depth chart.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
Happy rose-colored aspect of this is: if we're being neg-recruited due to our OLine room, what does that say about NDs stockpile of OLine both quality and quantity. EVERYBODY knows we're LOADED.

BUT come on in, young Mr. Jagusah --- we still have room for a potential All-American mauler like you. Come play alongside the Big Boys.

House16

Reaction score
Well I'll speak for the position everyone hates and say that it makes sense to have some concern about OL recruiting.
  • Hiestand's recruiting should be graded on a curve. OL (and TE) are the easiest position groups to recruit to ND. Being "pretty good" isn't good enough. We have to really make our hay here.
  • I checked out last year's OL classes. If we land Jagusah, we'll have about the #8 class, not "top 3-5 at worst". If we don't, we'll have about the #20 class. #8 is fine, even on the ND curve, and it looks like we're going to land Jagusah. But that's not a foregone conclusion; Michigan (bless their hearts) apparently "feels good" about landing him, per 247, and Arkansas is in hot pursuit as well. If we don't land him, #20 is absolutely not acceptable for ND OL recruiting.
  • "Coupled with the OL talent we have already" - Quinn was a great recruiter (but not great coach). I wasn't worried about OL recruiting under him. However, there have been rumors for many years that Hiestand didn't/doesn't love recruiting; it's fair to question if recruiting will drop off at all with the coaching change.

Dale

Reaction score
0057976-imvr-1280x720.jpg