'23 IL OT Charles Jagusah (Notre Dame Verbal)

Reaper97

Reaction score
Was it ever verified or reported elsewhere that Jagusah was coming to ND Saturday through Monday, instead of Sunday through Tuesday?
Singer said that, but I didn’t see it on any other sites & that would mean he left his Michigan OV a day early?
Was he at ND yesterday?

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Was it ever verified or reported elsewhere that Jagusah was coming to ND Saturday through Monday, instead of Sunday through Tuesday?
Singer said that, but I didn’t see it on any other sites & that would mean he left his Michigan OV a day early?
Was he at ND yesterday?
I don’t know if he was at ND yesterday but he was definitely at ND today as a poster on another board ran into him and Hiestand at mass.

arrowryan

Reaction score
Is he a guard or right tackle in college? I know the correct answer is that he probably has the ability to play both. Having two mountain men, Jagusah and Absher, at guard is a huge difference than what they were working with last season.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Is he a guard or right tackle in college? I know the correct answer is that he probably has the ability to play both. Having two mountain men, Jagusah and Absher, at guard is a huge difference than what they were working with last season.
It also depends on where they need him.
They might be solid at OG but need a RT, or vice versa when he gets to ND.
If he redshirts in ‘23, then if he is a legit 5 Star he could play in ‘24.
By then both Fisher & Alt could be gone.
They could have Spindler, Shrauth, etc… locking down OG & need Jagusah at RT.

Old Man Mike

Fast as Lightning!
Reaction score
I can easily see a champion wrestler being a tackle if he also has feet quick enough to force the opponent to face him. Wrestlers have freakish "sense of contact leverage" built into them. Once such a guy gets an opponent standing up with both hands on, that opponent is locked into "The Dance" due to the leverage sense. The opponent will then never be able (for the rest of that play) get the Tackle off balance. So, if the feet are quick-step enough, he'd probably be a great tackle. (ZMart is a bit like this. He has the quick step to always get the opponent dead in front. But ZMart then powerfully punches more than locks up, though somehow he still senses the leverage through the punch. Q just kills the guy at first hit. I haven't studied Ronnie enough, but I bet he's a quick-step, lock-up and out leverage tackle (Like McGlinchey on his better days.)

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
I can easily see a champion wrestler being a tackle if he also has feet quick enough to force the opponent to face him. Wrestlers have freakish "sense of contact leverage" built into them. Once such a guy gets an opponent standing up with both hands on, that opponent is locked into "The Dance" due to the leverage sense. The opponent will then never be able (for the rest of that play) get the Tackle off balance. So, if the feet are quick-step enough, he'd probably be a great tackle. (ZMart is a bit like this. He has the quick step to always get the opponent dead in front. But ZMart then powerfully punches more than locks up, though somehow he still senses the leverage through the punch. Q just kills the guy at first hit. I haven't studied Ronnie enough, but I bet he's a quick-step, lock-up and out leverage tackle (Like McGlinchey on his better days.)
So true. Do you know about Stephen Neal, the guy that beat Brock Lesnar for the national title? He didn’t play football in college. He walked on to the Patriots and won 3 Super Bowls blocking for Tom Brady. Yeah, based on their mma dominance throughout that sports history, I’d say elite wrestlers are the closest definition to modern gladiators. Mad respect for wrestlers, the elite ones that is. Can I ask who the wrestler is being referenced? It’s a great OL background. It’s how Gundy finds his underrated 3 star dudes.

Last edited:

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
"The wrestler being referenced"? Jagusah. (41-0 state champion.)

Nice.

I miss the IHSA format where it was only two classes, though. I believe now there are 3 or 4?

Just less watered down with two classes. Haven't enjoyed all the extra trophies from a competitive standpoint.

Still, 41-0 against competition of similar school size. And he was only a junior.

NDisme

Reaction score
Nice.

I miss the IHSA format where it was only two classes, though. I believe now there are 3 or 4?

Just less watered down with two classes. Haven't enjoyed all the extra trophies from a competitive standpoint.

Still, 41-0 against competition of similar school size. And he was only a junior.
I believe 3 classes; one of my best buddies was 4th in state 2008 class 3a

Jiggafini19Deux

Reaction score
I believe 3 classes; one of my best buddies was 4th in state 2008 class 3a
I went to Champaign in 2006 as a fan for the AA final weekend. It was awesome. The 189 weight class was crazy loaded. I think a kid from St. Rita ended up winning it. He went to U of I.

I recall Weis liking the big guys who were wrestlers in HS. Honestly, it isn't a bad thing by any stretch when you're talking about learning to leverage your size if you are an OL or DL.

du Lac

Appsolute Victory 34-32
Reaction score
"The wrestler being referenced"? Jagusah. (41-0 state champion.)
Damn. I am partial to these kinds of guys. Work ethic is second to none. If he's as good as advertised, with a wrestler mindset, he'll be a future first round pick for sure.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Nick Hardwick was a state champion wrestler for Lawrence North in Indy. Never played a down of football in HS. Walked on at Purdue and shortly after won the starting center position. Went on to start for the Chargers playing 11 years. Linemen (O & D) benefit the most from wrestling, but those same skills using your hands and creating leverage can also be applied to pretty much every other position except QB.

Reaper97

Reaction score
No surprise here…
Jagusah says he is done with OV’s & the recruiting process & will spend the next week in decision making mode.
So I guess he could announce by the end of the month.

Dale

Reaction score
The Michigan and national guys at 247 come off IMO similar to the last visit cycle in the spring when Jagusah visited both and things tightened a bit. It might be just that Jagusah is a tough read but this doesn’t appear a lock by any stretch. Of course as the post visit highs faded ND seem to be the clear leader going into OVs so we’ll see if post visit highs lead back to ND again.

Last edited:

arrowryan

Reaction score
This a recruitment has been dragged out way too long. I’m ready for this one to be over.

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
This a recruitment has been dragged out way too long. I’m ready for this one to be over.
This seemingly teed up recruitment dragging on, in combination with ND taking more... developmental prospects than usual has me rather concerned about the state of OL recruiting.

Dale

Reaction score
This seemingly teed up recruitment dragging on, in combination with ND taking more... developmental prospects than usual has me rather concerned about the state of OL recruiting.

Wouldn’t landing Jagusah be landing a developmental prospect too? His lofty ranking is mostly potential

Pops Freshenmeyer

Reaction score
I’m searching for the correct words, here. The nature of OL means they’re basically all developmental, I suppose.

I also don’t want to lean on rankings or say that any one of these guys is unworthy because what do I know? ND just seems to have gotten no traction with their most sought after targets and taken some guys who weren’t really being coveted by the big dogs, and maybe have had a harder time reeling in Jagusah than I think they should have.

Dale

Reaction score
ND just seems to have gotten no traction with their most sought after targets and taken some guys who weren’t really being coveted by the big dogs

We’ve won straight head to head upsets versus Clemson (Absher) and USC (Paige). Out of their own backyards. Jagusah meanwhile we’re battling Michigan, Arkansas and Missouri. I guess I don’t see how Jagusah fits the rest of the argument, because landing Jagusah
feels like that would actually go in the concerning bucket based off that criteria. Not versus the big dogs and on the developmental side?

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
To me it's pretty simple -- if we get Jagusah (and Freeling, but I think we're out of room?) then this is a great class just counting Jagusah, Paige, Absher. Paige is probably a little underrated as a tackle.

Irish4life

Reaction score
To me it's pretty simple -- if we get Jagusah (and Freeling, but I think we're out of room?) then this is a great class just counting Jagusah, Paige, Absher. Paige is probably a little underrated as a tackle.
I agree with this, but I think we need a 5th WR more than we need a 6th OL

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
Very underrated. Easily a mid four star, at worse.
Ironically, I see him every bit as good of a prospect as Tosh was, at the same school