'23 GA S Caleb Downs (Ohio State Transfer)

Bishop2b5

SEC Exchange Student
Reaction score
I won't lie. Losing Downs to the portal hurts. He was the winner of the Sean Alexander award as national freshman of the year, and a 2nd team All American as a true freshman. Whenever Saban retired, this sort of thing was going to happen, but this one is major.

JamIrish

Reaction score
I won't lie. Losing Downs to the portal hurts. He was the winner of the Sean Alexander award as national freshman of the year, and a 2nd team All American as a true freshman. Whenever Saban retired, this sort of thing was going to happen, but this one is major.

Don't mean to pile on here Bishop, but losing Downs also hurts major because it's a compound of the hit BAMA has taken in the secondary. Losing Robinson(coach), Saban (speciality DB's), Arnold, Kool-Aid, and now Downs... along with depth like Ricks and Story has put BAMA's secondary in a flux. Malachi Moore coming back helps, Hurley needs to be ready to fill in one of the CB spots for you guys. The DB room has guys like Mbakwe but a lot of freshman. Hopefully, (can't believe I'm writing this...) you guys get Muhammad to join because I think the BAMA secondary needs it.

MacIrish75

They scanned my cat. I can play!
Reaction score
He could be the only thing that keeps them from being clear top team
Their OL could suck but their WR room and top two RBs are top tier. They just need him to be average and their offense will be good enough.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
At Oregon at Penn state home vs Michigan… 3 tough games, probably win 2 minimum
Michigan's losing a ton. Penn State would need Allar to make a big jump to be anything better than the mid team they've been for years. On paper today, at Oregon may be the only game where Ohio State wouldn't be a strong favorite.

PutuporShutup

Reaction score
Michigan's losing a ton. Penn State would need Allar to make a big jump to be anything better than the mid team they've been for years. On paper today, at Oregon may be the only game where Ohio State wouldn't be a strong favorite.
Agree why I said 2 wins minimum… pretty much a lock for playoff and top 8

Lberry

Banned
Reaction score
Does PSU have a weak NIL?

They do a good job with rest of roster but QB always sucks. Seems they're never in the running for top portal guys.

Jiggafini19Deux

What do you hillbillies want?
Reaction score
Ohio State boosters are MOTIVATED lol
Yeah, it certainly appears that they've decided enough is enough. Schedule is obviously favorable. They take trips to Oregon and Penn State, have the scUM skunk bears at home.

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
Yeah, it certainly appears that they've decided enough is enough. Schedule is obviously favorable. They take trips to Oregon and Penn State, have the scUM skunk bears at home.
I feel like Oregon is on the rise and a team that has and will keep benefiting from NIL. They will be a major player in the BIG10. They will be around for awhile imo.

ND88

Reaction score
Who or what are you asking God to damn? I’m always curious why people say that. Please let me know, I’m actually curious.
You mean that question for another poster, not Gattaca! as he was not the original person who said those words. Also, while I was raised not to curse, I don’t understand the point of taking any curses literally. They are passed down and inherited through culture and personal habit. They are usually done out of frustration, as a point of emphasis, or as filler. I understand the sensitivity regarding religious belief, but I don’t think this slur has anything to do with God in the literal sense, more for crude emphasis. However, I think you know this and your question is facetious based on your personal belief in not taking the Lord’s name in vain.

Oh, and Caleb Downs. To Ohio State. Not cool.