‘23 GA QB Dylan Lonergan (Alabama Verbal)

Dale

Reaction score

Offers

Alabama
Georgia
Georgia Tech
South Carolina
Ohio State
Stanford
Arizona State
Arkansas
Duke
Auburn
East Carolina
Florida
LSU
Miami
North Carolina
NC State
Ole Miss
Oregon
Penn State
Tennessee
UCF
Vanderbilt
Wake Forest
West Virginia
Virginia

On3 Consensus: 92 Rating, #8 GA, #6 QB, #86 Overall

Last edited:

Dale

Reaction score

ND has made at least initial contact.

I believe Lonergan has kind of been Mr. Backup to Arch in general recruiting wise. I believe he would have to be recruited (and convinced) by ND Baseball to be a contender.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
Read some place dad was an ND fan growing up in Pottsville, PA. Did not get an ND offer and went to Penn St.

Irish4life

Reaction score
Like that he's a dual threat, not sure on arm strength though. At least from his junior Hudl.

NDFAN420

Reaction score
Imagine being a top 10 QB recruit and knowing that you're a backup option at several schools. Big-time football gentlemen and gentleladies.

Dale

Reaction score
Imagine being a top 10 QB recruit and knowing that you're a backup option at several schools. Big-time football gentlemen and gentleladies.
I think the baseball part is also giving some teams pause, he’s supposed to be very good like those Clemson commits a few years back. I’d bet he ends up part of a 2 person class.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
It seems like there are 15 schools in the hunt for about five QBs - or maybe just Arch and Moore at this point - and everyone else is a backup option.

T-Boone

Reaction score
Has an offer from Stanford, why did we never offer?
He is committed to Alabama but he is probably their number 2. Sorry if this gets discussed elsewhere but why wouldn't we offer him the 23 gig?

Dale

Reaction score
It woulda been a thrill to see him commit here and then leave when Link Jarrett left.

He’s a legit D1 baseball prospect. There’s a reason his Top 3 was South Carolina, Stanford and Bama once they already got Holstein.

Irishdrunk

Smartest Guy in the Room
Reaction score
Says the guy that’s mad we didn’t wait, even longer, for Dante to “commit”. Now you’re upset we didn’t offer more competition for Dante’s spot. At least be consistent.
Its not about what I think or know about the Dante matter. All I am simply saying is Rees is the primary person responsible for the QB Room at ND.

T-Boone

Reaction score
I am not a fan of Rees recruiting or play-calling, but it is a massive stretch to blame this one on him.
I bumped the thread. But not to blame Rees just curious why we haven’t offered when Bama and Stanford have.

TheRealLynch51

Reaction score
FWIW, one of the IB podcasts (and pretty sure the II podcast) this week said that ND likes all of the physical traits, but they worry about the intangibles. I hear that and think he's got a cannon for an arm, but ND may be worried about football IQ.

Ndaccountant

Old Hoss
Reaction score
FWIW, one of the IB podcasts (and pretty sure the II podcast) this week said that ND likes all of the physical traits, but they worry about the intangibles. I hear that and think he's got a cannon for an arm, but ND may be worried about football IQ.
At this point I just want a qb. It's Thursday night, shelves are empty and there are leftovers in the fridge. We aren't making a gourmet meal, but we need to at least eat. We already fumbled 2023 qb recruiting, let's not throw a pick 6 on top of it.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
It all begins with what’s between the ears.

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score
At this point I just want a qb. It's Thursday night, shelves are empty and there are leftovers in the fridge. We aren't making a gourmet meal, but we need to at least eat. We already fumbled 2023 qb recruiting, let's not throw a pick 6 on top of it.
Don’t necessarily want to turn this into a food thread…but you started it.

Certain foods are better as leftovers, meatloaf being one of my favorites that’s even better on day two.

Poirette

Banned
Reaction score
Fascinating they are, those who actually BELIEVE what Irish Breakdown says.

Would you believe them if they said that the hatred of the publisher toward LSU's head coach has NOTHING TO DO with the fact that Kelly rebuffed an attempt to get on his staff?

just curious..................

TheRealLynch51

Reaction score

Would you believe them if they said that the hatred of the publisher toward LSU's head coach has NOTHING TO DO with the fact that Kelly rebuffed an attempt to get on his staff?

I can use my big boy brain enough to realize that if a top 100 QB wasn't offered by ND ever (even after whiffing on their #1 choice), he wasn't deemed a fit by the staff in some way, shape, or form. But hey, you do you.

Irishdrunk

Smartest Guy in the Room
Reaction score

So Driskell was fishing around for a position??

StPaul_Irish

Reaction score

What is even more strange is the influx of new community members ever since MFMF has been taking ole Burnt Ends BK out to the woodshed