Tennessee
UCF
West Virginia

Sedrick Irvin on Hudl

Last edited by a moderator:

PANDFAN

Look Down
Reaction score
just another reminder of how old im getting....remember watching his dad play against ND

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Taylor doing a nice job with visitors so far for June.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Is this really a possibility or his he going to follow his dads footsteps?

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/sedirvin1/status/1404190646454337547[/TWEET]

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1404547241893937162[/TWEET]

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/sedirvin1/status/1438277931109920768[/TWEET]

Michigan St. with the only 2 CB's so far. From Allen Trieu (7) and Sean Sherer (8).

Sherm Sticky

The Prophet
Reaction score
If he produces as well as his father or even better it would be like picking up a 5 star RB. Would be a huge pickup and probably be my favorite commit on 2023 regardless of who else signs lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arrowryan

Reaction score
A kid from Miami, huh!? I've been following recruiting for 10 years and I don't think they've landed a Miami kid since I started following.

I'm sure him going to a prep school and having Stanford in his final group says a lot about what he wants in college.

DONTH8

DefinitelynotCoachD
Reaction score
Not trying to be a debbie downer here, but does anyone watch the film and just go "meh"?

I'm not the greatest at watching film and dissecting it, but I think Sedrick is a very polished back for someone in high school. He sets up blocks well, and his cutting is great. He doesn't just rely on speed and explosiveness to beat people like most high school backs. I dont think he will be a guy who wows you time and time again, but after a game you look at the stat sheet and are surprised to see he ran for 100 yards. As long as he can catch a ball on more than a screen, I think you are looking at a solid all purpose back in college.

Regardless, would be very happy to add this guy to the '23 class.

arrowryan

Reaction score
Not trying to be a debbie downer here, but does anyone watch the film and just go "meh"?

My biggest takeaway is that there isn't a shot in hell that he's 5'11'', 185 pounds in his sophomore film.

fightingirish26

Reaction score
Rb tape can be harder than you think to evaluate. Everyone looks for burner speed or the overwhelming Bama type monster but those are rare. Short area quickness, vision, elusiveness, the ability to factor into the passing game etc are extremely important to being a productive college back and are probably more important than elite long speed. But those traits aren't as exciting on high school highlight reels.

Wr is a position where simply looking for the elite physical traits is more practical imo.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I think he's a solid RB recruit. I think 247 has him properly rated/ranked as a low 4 star guy. Certainly somebody worth having on the depth chart. With how good Diggs has looked and my views on Price, he might find it hard to get early PT. But, I'm not going to turn away a 4 star RB from coming on board. I think it's a great early get as it allows Taylor to get creative with his recruiting. Both in the '22 and '23 classes.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Some recent game highlights with Sedrick Irvin included. Definitely looks bigger and stronger.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2FnbJZ

I think some people forget how much these kids can grow over one summer at that age. I know I went from about 5’6 to over 6’ and gained about 50lbs my freshman year. Then grew a couple more inches and a lot of strength my Sophomore year.

SoIll

Licensed to Ill
Reaction score
I think some people forget how much these kids can grow over one summer at that age. I know I went from about 5’6 to over 6’ and gained about 50lbs my freshman year. Then grew a couple more inches and a lot of strength my Sophomore year.

5 *

ab2cmiller

Troublemaker in training
Reaction score
All crystal balls currently ND. Michigan State insiders actually threw down ND crystal balls with the most confidence when compared to everyone else.