'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Offer)

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
At the end of the day ND Boosters need to step up and front money to these kids it's the only way they will compete with the Bama's Georgias and Ohio States. There's a reason we can only land 2-3 DE guys a class and Texas A&M landed 18 over the last two years.

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
At the end of the day ND Boosters need to step up and front money to these kids it's the only way they will compete with the Bama's Georgias and Ohio States. There's a reason we can only land 2-3 DE guys a class and Texas A&M landed 18 over the last two years.
I am in the thinking that places like A&M and Alabama are on the same page for the most part with Boosters. I would assume there are boosters that want to play the game but ND doesn't want to get down in the mud with these guys. At the end of the day if its all legal I don't know NDs hesitation, but I assume booster want to boost if ND would let them. LET THE BOOSTERS BOOST!!

Its proabbly also safe to say that these other guys have been doing this for awhile anyway to some degree. Its probably easy to for a place like A&M to find money than ND, even though the money coming through ND circles is just as much, if not more.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
I am in the thinking that places like A&M and Alabama are on the same page for the most part with Boosters. I would assume there are boosters that want to play the game but ND doesn't want to get down in the mud with these guys. At the end of the day if its all legal I don't know NDs hesitation, but I assume booster want to boost if ND would let them. LET THE BOOSTERS BOOST!!

Its proabbly also safe to say that these other guys have been doing this for awhile anyway to some degree. Its probably easy to for a place like A&M to find money than ND, even though the money coming through ND circles is just as much, if not more.
The whole purpose of NIL was for the college player. It was to help college athletes have avenues to receive financial compensation for their name, image and likeness. It was never suppose to be pay for play. So ND won't play that game, because it goes against the spirit of NIL, and they disagree with it.

Now, USC has the same stance as ND when it comes to P4P, which is they are against it. However, USC has a collective that is set up to get recruits these NIL deals that are essentially P4P, just crafted in a way that it isn't really P4P. This is done AGAINST the wishes of the USC. But, the schools have no say in the matter, so the collective is just saying "tough shit, we're doing it".

ND needs their boosters/collectives to do the same, but I question how long that will take. A big reason why A&M and Alabama were so quick to adopt this is because they already had the infrastructure in place, because they had been doing it under the table for years. ND doesn't have the same luxury of that infrastructure, and ND fans just aren't as psychotic than A&M or Bama.

The money is absolutely there. FUND has been around for about 5 months and they've already received nearly 10 million from donors. If a bunch of crazy rich ND boosters/alums/superfans set something up, ND could absolutely be competitive in this, but it would take time. And ND can't do a damn thing about it, because like with USC, it isn't something they can be involved in.

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
Notre Dame probally has just as many Alumni that are CEO's (Millionaires, Billionaires) then just about any other school in the nation. At least top 10. There's no reason why they can't be big time players and the fact that ND historically draws a bigger crowd and viewing then just about any other school that plays in games there's no reason why there isn't more big time NIL deals for these kids from big time brands.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
Notre Dame probally has just as many Alumni that are CEO's (Millionaires, Billionaires) then just about any other school in the nation. At least top 10. There's no reason why they can't be big time players and the fact that ND historically draws a bigger crowd and viewing then just about any other school that plays in games there's no reason why there isn't more big time NIL deals for these kids from big time brands.

ND has 2,085 ultra-high net worth individuals (over $30MM) for a combined wealth of $179 Billion. Only a handful of schools, all with much bigger student populations than ND, are on that list that have power 5 programs.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
He’s going to OU
It's strange, because depending on who you ask, OU is either the leader or they're not even a player for him.

Some say OU leads, other say ND is firmly in the driver seat and A&M is the actual competition.

irishandy

Reaction score
ND wants this kid...hell who doesn't want this kid, after yesterday's loss ND can sell to him he is needed.

Jiggafini19Deux

Clam Bakes and Shitty Takes
Reaction score

MacIrish75

BIG Mayonnaise Guy
Reaction score
I guess it works for him, but what a strange way to spend your time. Making fan art of 17 year olds.
I mean sort of, yeah…but the kid isn’t much older than 17 and he’s parlayed his niche into a job with On3 and a Twitter following of 72k users. He’s doing what he loves and probably bankrolling more than most of us while doing it.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
If so, why not other schools that aren't projected as a landing spot?

I'm not buying it, even if he said so.
Keeley has really only been linked to those four schools. Would be kind of weird and needless pot-stirring to just put in him in, like, a Michigan uniform for the fun of it.

Dale

Reaction score
Fong had a piece ready instantly that got deleted. I think it was supposed to be his final 4 and for some reason he pivoted, acting like it isn’t.

FWIrish4

Reaction score
Still crazy to me that ND is just completely out of consideration with the “uncle” coming into play. One would think Keon essentially being apart of the die hard ND Reeder family would trump a random uncle.

T Town Tommy

Alabama Bag Man
Reaction score
So Hayes sells this as an imminent announcement and it’s nothing more than clickbait. Come on Hayes. Be better.