'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Offer)

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
The third worst day of my recruit-following career going back to Rick Mirer.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
I just don't get why we burned his OV in June. If he's gonna visit Bama and OSU in September, OK, that's big boy 'crootin'. But then go get him back for the Clemson game.

Luckylucci

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love Traore. Houstan has got a lot of upside. And, Vernon is solid. I still like that class as is but…

Missing on Jason Moore and losing Keeley while Mickens goes to LSU and tells you no thanks. Brutal.

After a couple cycles, I’ll be interested to look at the success rate Freeman has in winning/signing recruits like this, from “committed” prospects.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
Can't say I'd be able to "respect his decision" if he flips.

ND has shown they're willing to let their players maximize their NIL exposure and have collectives working to facilitate NIL money for these guys. They're just not going to cheat like these other schools.

If Keeley can't respect that, then he shouldn't expect ND fans to respect his decision. Nothing respectable about being swayed by dirty money.

IrishFanForever23

Reaction score
I love Traore. Houstan has got a lot of upside. And, Vernon is solid. I still like that class as is but…

Missing on Jason Moore and losing Keeley while Mickens goes to LSU and tells you no thanks. Brutal.

After a couple cycles, I’ll be interested to look at the success rate Freeman has in winning/signing recruits like this, from “committed” prospects.
Did Mickens really say no thanks? Didn’t think ND even pushed for him.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Can't say I'd be able to "respect his decision" if he flips.

ND has shown they're willing to let their players maximize their NIL exposure and have collectives working to facilitate NIL money for these guys. They're just not going to cheat like these other schools.

If Keeley can't respect that, then he shouldn't expect ND fans to respect his decision. Nothing respectable about being swayed by dirty money.
The problem is they don't think of it as dirty money.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
I said it months ago, Freemans class will look like Kellys last class. Nobody wants to hear that, but it’s heading in that direction.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
I would rather him open it back up and take a step back. Look at things from a bigger perspective. I'm tired of the back and forth and the drama. Take the officials, hopefully give ND the opportunity for the last visit as they've been on him forever and he committed here once.

Dale

Reaction score
Bama, OSU site (and Mom) both have him in process of setting up OVs, offers to backup plans, pay site updates confidence continuing to drop, done everything but hit us over the head that it’s a matter of when not if.

The only question that remains is once he decommits will he actually still be considering ND, not the fake oh yeah I’m still considering them, but has the bridge not burned, visiting for Clemson etc

NDPhilly

Philly Torqued
Reaction score
Kelly's 2022 class was #6 on 247 composite. Only thing it was missing was a 4 star QB and probably another 4 star WR.

I'd sign up for the #6 class every year right now if I had to decide. Also, let's not pretend Freeman wasnt the main reason for the big jump.

Crazy Balki

Site Assigned Optimist
Reaction score
The problem is they don't think of it as dirty money.
Except, I'm pretty sure they do know that.

If ND has made their NIL pitch known (and I'm 100% certain they have), then they know why they're doing it the way they're doing it, because the way other teams are doing it is against the rules.

Dale

Reaction score
It feels like once Keeley got the right (or for us wrong) voice in his ear this thing turned on a dime quickly. I commend the hell out of Peyton Bowen if he ends up sticking because he’s had more pressures than Keeley has.

GATTACA!

It's about to get gross
Reaction score
Any kid committed to the 4for40 pitch is also smart enough to realize that a multi million dollar NIL deal invested properly is worth more, and more of a sure thing, than an ND degree.

Hope we enjoy our top players getting poached every cycle.

Dale

Reaction score
Any kid committed to the 4for40 pitch is also smart enough to realize that a multi million dollar NIL deal invested properly is worth more, and more of a sure thing, than an ND degree.

Hope we enjoy our top players getting poached every cycle.

It’s not NIL vs ND degree though. It’s Pay for Play NIL vs ND degree + NIL. That’s NDs pitch when pressed on it.

Mayer and Hamilton’s bank accounts look better than probably most of the pay for play NIL deals.

Last edited:

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
It’s not NIL vs ND degree though. It’s Pay for Play NIL vs ND degree + NIL. That’s NDs pitch when pressed on it.

Mayer and Hamilton’s bank accounts look better than probably most of the pay for play NIL deals.
I dont think Mayer is getting 8 mil for wearing tshirts though?