'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Offer)

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Bama, OU, TAMU fans make fake twitters to troll families of players they’re trying to flip.

There are definitely organized efforts to negatively influence recruiting on social media.

I doubt these efforts are led by any HC or ok'd by an athletic dept but besides that, it's happening on multiple levels.

GoldenAura

Reaction score
If Bama loses out on Kelby Collins to Fla then I think Saban will rachet up the heat to try and flip Keeley. The DL class this year in the state is loaded but Collins would make the second high profile player to go somewhere else
Kelby Collins did just commit to Florida today FWIW

T Town Tommy

Alabama Bag Man
Reaction score
Kelby Collins did just commit to Florida today FWIW
Yep. Wish him well. Good player that can be good at the next level if he puts the work in. I don’t think Collins not committing to the Tide has anything to do with Keeley’s recruitment by Bama other than, as I posted earlier, Bama will probably go harder for Keeley now. Don’t want some out here to infer Bama passed on Collins or Collins didn’t commit because Keeley is flipping. Collins was definitely a take and I have heard nothing but crickets since Keeley visited a couple of weeks ago.

ndinoxford

Reaction score
Yep. Wish him well. Good player that can be good at the next level if he puts the work in. I don’t think Collins not committing to the Tide has anything to do with Keeley’s recruitment by Bama other than, as I posted earlier, Bama will probably go harder for Keeley now. Don’t want some out here to infer Bama passed on Collins or Collins didn’t commit because Keeley is flipping. Collins was definitely a take and I have heard nothing but crickets since Keeley visited a couple of weeks ago.
Crickets regarding Keeley? Thanks for your insight!

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
Likely he knows Bama wants Keeley more. Both takes, one might want to see the field sooner or blaze his own trail. Not everyone wants to go to the football factory. As the NFL makes evident, being a pro football player has little to do with where you go or what you're rated. It's all about drive and talent. Of course Bama has a lot of guys get drafted. That's because they get all the 5 star guys and naturally they go wherever they are fed a story about development. Some recruits can't see their ass from their elbow on that issue. Bama aint increasing the likelihood Keeley gets drafted any higher. I'd dare to guess, and it's likely negligible, that his chances are higher at ND. He'd see the field sooner and be more in the spotlight.

Last edited:

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
Someone ought to do a story on the Avery Davis types or others that end up with career ending injuries (no NFL) that go to mediocre schools, get mediocre degrees (if one at all), and don't get pushed academically. I'd love to see how they're doing vs the Avery Davis's of the world 5-10 after college. Everyone is invincible until life shits all over you. It will shit on you. The question is when, not if.

T-Boone

Reaction score
We needed him to stay under the radar another 6 months but he just went ballistic last season.

CoachB

Reaction score
Sure you're trying to be political. We don't need that in ND Football threads.
Really respect you and your opinion as a fellow o line guy, but really wasn't trying to be political. Unless you think cleaning up the NCAA and this NIL issue is political. Which I guess it might be. Just was saying, there is money out there, obviously, that the gov't has. Would be cool if they spent some of it on going after illegal bag men instead of regular joe tax payer, that's all. As a huge college football fan, it would just seem a waaaaaay better use of money, that's all, lol. As a side note, I care waaaaay more about them cleaning up NIL, than I do about the tax side. Was just saying that they seem to have plenty of money. They can't say they don't have resources to clean it up.

CoachB

Reaction score
Not to be political... *gives a strictly political opinion*
Once again, was actually trying not to be political, lol. Was making the point that if there was money to spend, it would be cool if they threw some at cleaning up this NIL mess. It was actually more of a football post. That's why I said not to be political, but I guess some of you guys didn't understand that. It's all good. No worries.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
Someone ought to do a story on the Avery Davis types or others that end up with career ending injuries (no NFL) that go to mediocre schools, get mediocre degrees (if one at all), and don't get pushed academically. I'd love to see how they're doing vs the Avery Davis's of the world 5-10 after college. Everyone is invincible until life shits all over you. It will shit on you. The question is when, not if.
Sooner or later God'll cut you down

T Town Tommy

Alabama Bag Man
Reaction score
Crickets regarding Keeley? Thanks for your insight!
The only "insight" I have brought regarding Keeley is that I posted a month or so ago that his name kept coming up in Bama circles as a potential flip. Shortly after, we find out he is visiting Tuscaloosa. If I hear anything of substance, I will post it. And to this point, since his visit, I have heard nothing that suggests that he is flipping.

NDMD

Reaction score
The only "insight" I have brought regarding Keeley is that I posted a month or so ago that his name kept coming up in Bama circles as a potential flip. Shortly after, we find out he is visiting Tuscaloosa. If I hear anything of substance, I will post it. And to this point, since his visit, I have heard nothing that suggests that he is flipping.
Appreciate the insight from the Bama side TTT

Reading the tea leaves I doubt we’ll hear much either way until Week 1

Grahambo

Varsity Club Member
Reaction score
Not really trying to be political, but the $80 BILLION that the gov't just allocated to the IRS to go after the middle class...man, think how much college sports would be helped if you just took a fraction of that and cleaned up the NCAA. Spend some money going after worthwhile targets.
Tell me you know nothing about government bureaucracy without telling me you know nothing about government bureaucracy.

irishandy

Reaction score
But...but...what all the armchair QB's are saying out there is that he's gone.

Great post Tommy, I am sure Keon was made aware what was available from Alabama if he commits, but yet he still remains committed to Notre Dame.

When we reach the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs, I have trust in Freeman and the staff they can close this out. If BK was still our head coach, different story.

IrishFanForever23

Reaction score
Bama mod from 247 posted in a thread he talked to mom and mom said they’ll try to OV in October, but working out schedules still.

IrishFanForever23

Reaction score
Loy with a post saying he doesn’t feel good about Keeley sticking at this point based on the visits, mom’s tweets, etc. Pure guess on my part, but he’s heard something behind the scenes that says Keeley will back off his commitment here soon. Just a pure guess/assumption from me.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
Loy with a post saying he doesn’t feel good about Keeley sticking at this point based on the visits, mom’s tweets, etc. Pure guess on my part, but he’s heard something behind the scenes that says Keeley will back off his commitment here soon. Just a pure guess/assumption from me.
Way to state the obvious, Loy...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

IrishFanForever23

Reaction score
Way to state the obvious, Loy...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Might be obvious, but he was stating before that the coaches were under the impression all was still good, Keeley was sticking, etc. The fact he's changing his tune means he probably knows more than what he's saying.