'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Offer)

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
I love how we are all writing Keon off...but he is still committed!! Why are we surprised that he is taking OV's? Why are we surprised that other schools are after him? Can we all agree that Keon is that good?

If Kelly was still our coach Keeley and Bowen would've decommitted.

Let's have some optimism that MF can keep and close this out with Keon.
You cannot take OV's and be committed to ND. It's against the current rules.

I think he is deciding between Bama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame right now and he simply doesn't want to publicly decommit before he sees the game. I think if we lose, he will rub salt in the wound by decomitting shortly after that game.

irishandy

Reaction score
Freeman needs to have a conversation with Keon. May he has. If it "against the current rules" why hasn't his scholarship been pulled?

It is sad that these high rated recruits are becoming an Ebay item where you can buy them now with NIL.

Part of me still believes he signs with the Irish, if he and Bowen are going on tour of "other" college visits why are they still committed to ND.

To Keon and Peyton- keep believing what Freeman has pitched to you and stay committed!

pumpdog20

Reaction score
Again how do you know the staffs POV isn’t already that he’s uncommitted? They’re recruiting him as such already per the sites. I don’t get the scholarship pulled thing, it’s not like Freeman can make an announcement?
Yep, this is the take. Stop reading recruiting sites that say he is committed. We're in the running, but he's not a commit. Regardless of what he says or what is written.

Fight like hell to get him to sign in December

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
Why have the rule? If he's publicly stating that he's committed, but taking OV's, then the flood gates are open to violate recruiting rules for all currently committed recruits and all '24 targets. Jagusah, Ausberry, Bowen, Gray, Greathouse,... why not take an OV? Go get free food and watch a college football game on the house. Keon can.

arahop

Reaction score
I love how we are all writing Keon off...but he is still committed!! Why are we surprised that he is taking OV's? Why are we surprised that other schools are after him? Can we all agree that Keon is that good?

If Kelly was still our coach Keeley and Bowen would've decommitted.

Let's have some optimism that MF can keep and close this out with Keon.
I'm not writing him off but I feel like ND can't and won't compete at level necessary to pull in multiple 5* star difference makers every class. QBs,WRs, DE,.CBs. We will find out our answer but I'm not feeling good just because him and Bowen haven't decommited. Momentum is swinging in different direction from what I'm observing.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
Or the staff can be honest about it. Just change the rule from:

No committee players can take OVs to other schools.

To:

No committee players can take OVs to other schools...unless you're like program-changing good.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

arahop

Reaction score
Freeman needs to have a conversation with Keon. May he has. If it "against the current rules" why hasn't his scholarship been pulled?

It is sad that these high rated recruits are becoming an Ebay item where you can buy them now with NIL.

Part of me still believes he signs with the Irish, if he and Bowen are going on tour of "other" college visits why are they still committed to ND.

To Keon and Peyton- keep believing what Freeman has pitched to you and stay committed!
So let's get in the game and pay them right? l 200-300K a year is chump change for a top 15 player, even if they bust. If they live up to the ranking, they most likely go after their junior year anyway. I see it in terms of supply and demand and a simple monetary equation .
5* - 200k per year = Winning = Even more added revenue to the University.

INLaw

Reaction score

I think he is deciding between Bama, Ohio State, and Notre Dame right now and he simply doesn't want to publicly decommit before he sees the game. I think if we lose, he will rub salt in the wound by decomitting shortly after that game.
Agreed

INLaw

Reaction score
Why have the rule? If he's publicly stating that he's committed, but taking OV's, then the flood gates are open to violate recruiting rules for all currently committed recruits and all '24 targets. Jagusah, Ausberry, Bowen, Gray, Greathouse,... why not take an OV? Go get free food and watch a college football game on the house. Keon can.
Because in house recruiting rules have less meaning than a verbal commitment. They have teeth if your a committed punter or a three star project. If it is for a real prospect they are just a talking point in the continuing sales pitch.

INLaw

Reaction score
So let's get in the game and pay them right? l 200-300K a year is chump change for a top 15 player, even if they bust. If they live up to the ranking, they most likely go after their junior year anyway. I see it in terms of supply and demand and a simple monetary equation .
5* - 200k per year = Winning = Even more added revenue to the University.

Bc FWIW it is still against what is left of rules. There is not a version thar says you can pay to induce a player to sign with your school. Long time and always cheaters just say fuck you to the rule because they know the NCAA has no means of enforcing it. We still play by what is left of the rules in the hopes that one day they either are enforcer or to set an example for NCAA or conference controlled new governing body.

arahop

Reaction score
Bc FWIW it is still against what is left of rules. There is not a version thar says you can pay to induce a player to sign with your school. Long time and always cheaters just say fuck you to the rule because they know the NCAA has no means of enforcing it. We still play by what is left of the rules in the hopes that one day they either are enforcer or to set an example for NCAA or conference controlled new governing body.
Makes sense, especially since they just had bag men to slip the money under the table. Not confident the "rules" ever get expanded upon and enforced. To hell with the NCAA. They vacate 2012 because of kids cheating on a test that was self reported. The NCAA can't run themselves, let alone monitor all that is going on. Look at Ruiz in Miami and TAMU, The NCAA is a facade with almost no control. They can't be counted to investigate thoroughly and competently. Guess we will see what happens. Really need boosters and smart business people to load up on F.U.N.D

Last edited:

nin05

Dirty Used Car Salesman
Reaction score
Those Irish fans must have offended Mrs. Keeley something fierce. She's locked down her Twitter.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
This is all a big nothing burger.

Each player is allocated x amount of tickets for road games. Not everyone uses them. Coaches find an extra and give it to the Readers. They bring Keon and sit him next to the Foskey's so they can let him know being a first round DE out of ND pays the same as a first rounder out of Bama.

No NIL Collective, no cheating, no elaborate schemes needed.

CoachB

Reaction score
Not really trying to be political, but the $80 BILLION that the gov't just allocated to the IRS to go after the middle class...man, think how much college sports would be helped if you just took a fraction of that and cleaned up the NCAA. Spend some money going after worthwhile targets.

Irishnuke

CFB Message Board Guy
Reaction score
If a recruit's parents are going to live vicariously through their children and constantly tweet about their recruitment, then they should expect some backlash. That said, don't be one of the douche bags that tweets a recruit's parents no matter how much you disagree with them. You know there are a bunch of you on this site that do.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
If he were committed to Bama and ND was pulling him away, their inbred fans would be making threats. It comes with the territory. You’re going to get trash fans in every fan base. Per capita, ND has fewer than most.

I’m starting to like Bowen’s mom more (always have actually). She seems to have her kids best interest in mind, which is all a parent should have.

Last edited:

Irish2155

Reaction score
I hate NIL. Not because of the kids, can't blame them. But for the schools misappropriating it and the handlers for taking advantage.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Game has changed. Freeman will adapt. ND’s pockets are deeper than any other. We should be able to play this to our advantage.

It does put a dent in that 40 year decision pitch. But it’s not like that still doesn’t hold true.

Irish2155

Reaction score

If true then that’s his decision. Wrong or right, he’ll live with it for his life. One injury ruins everything. I’d probably not put all my eggs in this football basket.

Now, Wooly and I could go in deep why it’s not his best choice. But I’m not his dad and will digress

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
When you change their diapers, wipe their asses, buy all their shit, and take them around to watch sports for 18 years, some parents feel entitled to some form of reciprocity (Otha). Others just always want to see their kids benefit. There are levels to good parenting.

BobbyMac

O'Skool
Staff member
Reaction score
If a recruit's parents are going to live vicariously through their children and constantly tweet about their recruitment, then they should expect some backlash. That said, don't be one of the douche bags that tweets a recruit's parents no matter how much you disagree with them. You know there are a bunch of you on this site that do.

This, don't be negative on social media.

That's what the hundreds of fake "ND fan" accounts on Twitter are for who purposely try to undermine ND recruiting efforts.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really trying to be political, but the $80 BILLION that the gov't just allocated to the IRS to go after the middle class...man, think how much college sports would be helped if you just took a fraction of that and cleaned up the NCAA. Spend some money going after worthwhile targets.
Not to be political... *gives a strictly political opinion*

Redbar

Reaction score
Not to be political... *gives a strictly political opinion*
And inaccurate to boot.