'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Offer)

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
At the end of the day he has visited Bama at least twice if he wasn't feeling ND wouldn't you think he would have decommited by now?
The fact that he hasn’t decommitted - and it’s been, what, 10 days post-Bama-visit? - is a modestly good sign. Though I suppose some would say he’s trying to maximize his NIL, and so drawing things out benefits him.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Both him and Bowen could flip at any time, but there is very little incentive to. The prudent decision is just to sit tight until they're ready to make a move. They have not gone "silent" on other ND players or coaches yet. So regardless of what they do -- short of going full Dante and signing a literal contract with their intended school -- expect it to go the distance. It seems like both are simply looking for their subjectively "best" fit.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
The fact that he hasn’t decommitted - and it’s been, what, 10 days post-Bama-visit? - is a modestly good sign. Though I suppose some would say he’s trying to maximize his NIL, and so drawing things out benefits him.

He wants to go to the ND vs Ohio State game. I dare to guess he’s waiting to see how ND and Ohio State do on opening weekend. A disappointing loss will be followed by a decommit I think. A win and he’ll be bandwagoning into signing day. Ohio State is after him hard too.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
He wants to go to the ND vs Ohio State game. I dare to guess he’s waiting to see how ND and Ohio State do on opening weekend. A disappointing loss will be followed by a decommit I think. A win and he’ll be bandwagoning into signing day. Ohio State is after him hard too.
Highly doubt this is about on-field results...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

WilliamWallace

Active Member, Yes
Reaction score
Apologies if already posted, I just ran across the link below, dissect as you will. Couple things I’d like to point out as others have already stated, he seems to be an ND kid, he’s been committed for over a year, and he obviously likes the attention. Just gotta stand our ground and not let this one slip away. It’s balls to the wall time, with the upcoming season, and closing on this class. I believe he’s still ours to lose.

WildMan1

Reaction score
MF closes.. this is what he does. He’s in the family tree by the end of it.. you think fuggin old man Saban is competing? Lol

IrishFanForever23

Reaction score
Mom replied back to someone’s tweet about him being unconfirmed visiting for that game and she said Keeley OV so there’s that.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
I hate NIL. Not because of the kids, can't blame them. But for the schools misappropriating it and the handlers for taking advantage.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
We say it all the time, yet when the rubber meets the road we seem to forget:

LOOK AT WHAT THEY DO, NOT WHAT THEY SAY.

Committed kids don't do what Keeley's doing. Doesn't mean we can't land him still. As long as we have Freeman in our corner, we have a chip and a chair. That said, the Keeley auction is very much open.

INLaw

Reaction score
Some ND fans called her out on it and she deleted the tweet lol
She is entering the deserves getting blow back category. Not her first post stirring the pot. Whether they are full committed and behaving or full shop around money whoring her tweets don’t help either desired outcome.

arahop

Reaction score
F.U.N.D him ND. We can sit on the sidelines and watch 5* go to other schools or we can allocate 2-3 mil a year to sign 2-4 five stars each class. It's a smart investment. Cost of business.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
IF he’s OV he’s done. ND can’t break principles for 1 kid. It’s disrespect to the university and program to not decommit and pretend you’re outside the rules that all others now and before you were/are under. Sorry, I’d love nothing more than to have KK, but principles, rules, standards matter. This is NDs policy, no? It sounds like they’re daring ND to break ties or break rules just for me. At worst, a gutless way not to have to break your commitment.

Last edited:

INLaw

Reaction score
Who knows what the staff considers him because they can’t publicly comment. A few weeks back when they offered two other vipers within a week before Keeleys last booty call to Alabama is probably the answer

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
Who knows what the staff considers him because they can’t publicly comment. A few weeks back when they offered two other vipers within a week before Keeleys last booty call to Alabama is probably the answer

Other than that just a week ago he was on video confirming his commitment to ND. IF you have an OV planned and state publicly that you’re committed, you’re intentionally and publicly violating the rules of the program.

arahop

Reaction score
IF he’s OV he’s done. ND can’t break principles for 1 kid. It’s disrespect to the university and program to not decommit and pretend you’re outside the rules that all others now and before you were/are under. Sorry, I’d love nothing more than to have KK, but principles, rules, standards matter. This is NDs policy, no? It sounds like they’re daring ND to break ties or break rules just for me. At worst, a gutless way not to have to break your commitment.
Program brings in close to 60 mil a year and the program value is close to a billion dollars. NCAA football is among other things a farm system of the NFL. It's not breaking rules or breaking principles, it's Free Market Capitalism and it's what it takes compete. I don't understand how American football fans cling to the amateur NCAA model and don't want to pay accordingly. A moral soap box is just an excuse to simply not compete. God,. Country, Notre Dame. Country is supporting free market capitalism, not holding onto to an outdated model of yesteryear.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
Program brings in close to 60 mil a year and the program value is close to a billion dollars. NCAA football is among other things a farm system of the NFL. It's not breaking rules or breaking principles, it's Free Market Capitalism and it's what it takes compete. I don't understand how American football fans cling to the amateur NCAA model and don't want to pay accordingly. A moral soap box is just an excuse to simply not compete. God,. Country, Notre Dame. Country is supporting free market capitalism, not holding onto to an outdated model of yesteryear.
Then drop the rule. I am not anti capitalism in this setting of athletics, but I also think if you make a rule you follow it. Drop the rule or don't drop the rule.

Last edited:

BigHossBU

Reaction score
Mom seems to have the maturity and restraint on Twitter of a middle schooler.

I seriously can't believe how some of these grown ass adults use social media. I have second hand embarrassment for them

Dale

Reaction score
He’s more gone than Bowen at this stage. Been rather obvious IMO. I’ve come around to the theory maybe Bowen does just enjoy the visits and has trouble saying no to people (his best friends, girlfriend, Guyer influential people). I don’t expect either at this stage but definitely don’t expect Keeley to stay committed.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
He’s more gone than Bowen at this stage. Been rather obvious IMO. I’ve come around to the theory maybe Bowen does just enjoy the visits and has trouble saying no to people (his best friends, girlfriend, Guyer influential people). I don’t expect either at this stage but definitely don’t expect Keeley to stay committed.
If he's going to stay committed into the OV, I hope MF pulls the plug. If not, he's opening a huge can of worms. JS might have to intervene.

irishandy

Reaction score
I love how we are all writing Keon off...but he is still committed!! Why are we surprised that he is taking OV's? Why are we surprised that other schools are after him? Can we all agree that Keon is that good?

If Kelly was still our coach Keeley and Bowen would've decommitted.

Let's have some optimism that MF can keep and close this out with Keon.

NDMatt91

Reaction score
Although I don’t like where NIL is heading, it’s frustrating that our boosters aren’t trying to play by the same rules as everyone else. Not saying we should dish out $30 Million for a recruiting class like A&M, but surely they can afford to do what a school like OSU is doing, right?

Dale

Reaction score
I love how we are all writing Keon off...but he is still committed!! Why are we surprised that he is taking OV's?

Is he still committed? Scheduling OVs has been for months cause for the staff to not think of you as committed. We learned after Rhett decommitted they had not thought of him as committed for weeks. Same would apply here. Just because he hasn’t found the timing yet to announce doesn’t mean he’s committed. Besides the pomp and circumstance of public announcements, a verbal commitment at its core is just a promise to a coaching staff. I am surprised our long time commit who knows he’s not supposed to schedule OVs is scheduling OVs. The next chapter is not a mystery.