'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Offer)

Irish4life

Reaction score
Like I said, if he takes a visit to OSU on 9/3, whether it's unofficial or official, I'd no longer consider him a commit and hope Freeman moves on.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score
Like I said, if he takes a visit to OSU on 9/3, whether it's unofficial or official, I'd no longer consider him a commit and hope Freeman moves on.
You don’t move on from a top-10 prospect that likes your program so much he committed early.

You fight like hell to keep him, remind him why he committed in the first place, and get your NIL collective on the horn with new presentations every week.

Especially when your class is almost full anyway… spend your time and resources re-recruiting your commits.

Irish4life

Reaction score
You don’t move on from a top-10 prospect that likes your program so much he committed early.

You fight like hell to keep him, remind him why he committed in the first place, and get your NIL collective on the horn with new presentations every week.

Especially when your class is almost full anyway… spend your time and resources re-recruiting your commits.
Completely, totally disagree. ND has been more than accommodating of Keeley (and Bowen). Taking a visit to OSU on the day they're playing ND is a complete slap in the face to the coaches and recruits that he supposedly has good relationships with. Also, think of the message that sends to ND's other 23 recruits that have respected the wishes of the coaching staff.....and the message being sent to the 2024 class too. No single recruit is worth that, not even a 5 star player like Keeley.

INLaw

Reaction score
Completely, totally disagree. ND has been more than accommodating of Keeley (and Bowen). Taking a visit to OSU on the day they're playing ND is a complete slap in the face to the coaches and recruits that he supposedly has good relationships with. Also, think of the message that sends to ND's other 23 recruits that have respected the wishes of the coaching staff.....and the message being sent to the 2024 class too. No single recruit is worth that, not even a 5 star player like Keeley.
I am absolutely split between these two views. If we were able to secure another vyper commit like that recent Tennessee commit offer then I would be more easily swayed

Irish4life

Reaction score
I am absolutely split between these two views. If we were able to secure another vyper commit like that recent Tennessee commit offer then I would be more easily swayed
I like the Purchase kid out of Colorado that ND offered somewhat recently, Roberts (IrishBreakdown guy) said that he's planning on taking an ND official this fall. FWIW. <iframe class="twofourseven-embed" title="Player Embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameBorder="0" width="600" height="200" src=""></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/SkyNet/Shared/embed.js" charSet="utf-8"></script>

Dale

Reaction score

I don’t disagree but there is multiple points that have a devils advocate here. He did not commit as a Top 10 prospect. They’ve also been fighting like hell for 8 months now. At some point you’ve lost. Last and irish4life mentioned this I believe from Loy, taking a hard stance is possibly re-recruiting your commits, just not Keon. They don’t want the whole class thinking where are we going this weekend guys. I think the threat of it is also a tactic too.

INLaw

Reaction score
I don’t disagree but there is multiple points that have a devils advocate here. He did not commit as a Top 10 prospect. They’ve also been fighting like hell for 8 months now. At some point you’ve lost. Last and irish4life mentioned this I believe from Loy, taking a hard stance is possibly re-recruiting your commits, just not Keon. They don’t want the whole class thinking where are we going this weekend guys. I think the threat of it is also a tactic too.
Especially now when another visit isn’t just party and pussy but above board straight cash money just to visit

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
I think you keep recruiting Keon as well but if my fiancé brings a date to a party where I’m one of the hosts then I’m thinking she’s not really my fiance’.
I think we’re all aware the engagement is on the rocks. The question really is whether it’s salvageable. If it is, I think you have to keep working. Though, yeah, if he OVs to Ohio State for our game, maybe that ship has sailed.

INLaw

Reaction score
Wonder how the player coach relationship plays after a rocky courtship

T-Boone

Reaction score

Yep it’s not QB recruiting where you can only take one. Just keep at it with him while at the same time recruiting around him as a long shot.

T Town Tommy

Alabama Bag Man
Reaction score
You keep recruiting till the ink is on the paper. The more five star elite athletes ND recruits, the more these things are going to come up. They’re going to take visits even after committing… and they’re going to be recruited till the end… and sometimes beyond that. Just part of the game especially when you are trying to move from 8-10 in recruiting up to the elite level top 4-5.

IrishLion

I am Beyonce, always.
Staff member
Reaction score

I get where you're coming from... you're trying to build a cohesive class of guys that are bought in, and you don't want to risk bad vibes among the guys that are fully committed and abiding by your "no official visits" rules, even though I'm sure they'd all like some free trips across the country to big games. At the same time, though, this is what holding onto a top-10 recruit is going to take for ND moving forward. It's not enough to present the athletic/academic package with the NIL offers out there. You have to compete somehow. And that means giving some recruits special treatment. There are guys on the roster that will get special treatment within the program because of their abilities... it's going to have to be the same in recruiting if Freeman wants to keep going after top-50 prospects.

He began pretty highly rated, it's not like he was a three-star guy that suddenly gets to experience a red carpet recruitment for the first time. And fighting for 8 months doesn't mean they've lost, as he hasn't even decommitted yet. If he *were* to decommit, this still feels more like a Tuitt/Colzie thing to me than a "no longer considering ND" thing. Maybe that's too optimistic? Idk, but if it boils down to Keeley wanting to see more NIL juice, either from ND or other places, I'm encouraged that he hasn't just cut the cord already.

I think we’re all aware the engagement is on the rocks. The question really is whether it’s salvageable. If it is, I think you have to keep working. Though, yeah, if he OVs to Ohio State for our game, maybe that ship has sailed.

That will be the true 'shit or get off the pot' moment, both for Keeley and for Freeman's no-official-visit policy. If it's an OV, Ohio State will report it as such. I don't think their media have any need to muddy the waters just to stir up the drama like BC's media guys did.

Dale

Reaction score
He began pretty highly rated, it's not like he was a three-star guy that suddenly gets to experience a red carpet recruitment for the first time.

Keon committed with second best offers being UF (Mullen ended up fired) and UNC. He had only visited UF, ND and FSU. He was around 200 at the time. Not the recruitment or status of an elite prospect.

ndfanatic78

Reaction score
He could just want to get his name out there more to increase his value in NIL terms. All this media attention is increasing his NIL value which if he chooses ND in the end will help since there are no guaranteed contracts at ND like other places. All the media hoopla is getting him more exposure. I am not saying this is whats happening just another possible scenario but at the end of the day he is still committed to ND and the coaches are still in contact. Beyond that everything else is just speculation and fear mongering. Oh and the talking heads are going to print/talk about what ever gets you to click.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
I hope Freeman has reached out to Tuitt about reminding Keeley not to listen to the haters at Bama.

WaveDomer

Reaction score
It's not as if athletes haven't known their worth, but with NIL and social media etc. etc., we are now in the age of athletes knowing they can throw weight around and/or look at all options. The NBA is basically run by the players. I think college is now going to head a bit down this path. The other thing is just having the cream of the crop recruits is going to draw constant competition, like T-Town is saying. This is a good problem to have.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
Feelin' fuckin' lucky like the fuckin' Irish
I see the whole game from my third Iris
I tour the whole word like a dirty pirate
To give the whole club some Miley Cyrus

MacIrish75

BIG Mayonnaise Guy
Reaction score
You keep recruiting till the ink is on the paper. The more five star elite athletes ND recruits, the more these things are going to come up. They’re going to take visits even after committing… and they’re going to be recruited till the end… and sometimes beyond that. Just part of the game especially when you are trying to move from 8-10 in recruiting up to the elite level top 4-5.

TTT to us rn

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
At the end of the day he has visited Bama at least twice if he wasn't feeling ND wouldn't you think he would have decommited by now?