'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Offer)

arahop

Reaction score
Whoever the new family member involved in his recruitment is clearly the catalyst for the Bama visit. Boo me all you want but a spade is a spade. The family member is after a quick pay day. Bama will unquestionably out spend ND in NIL

Timeline synopsis:
Keeley is a strong ND commit. Bama comes in the late 3rd quarter of the recruiting cycle and offers most likely a significant NIL package in comparison. Uncle becomes the agent for said 5 star.... Wonder how the story ends.....
O'Jays Money, Money,Money playing in the background. Family member on the phone with Saint Nick screaming like Jerry McGuire "Show me the Money".

Sounds extremely similar to Dante Moore's Recruitment doesn't it.

Just hate to see 17 year olds auctioned off like this but here we are. Like I said, Spades are Spades.

I'm sure the Keon will succeed wherever he goes. Just hope that it's his decision and not a blood sucking leech. Time will tell.
I'm not buying stock that NDs NIL game will compete with a lot of these other schools.

Irish4life

Reaction score
Whoever the new family member involved in his recruitment is clearly the catalyst for the Bama visit. Boo me all you want but a spade is a spade. The family member is after a quick pay day. Bama will unquestionably out spend ND in NIL

Timeline synopsis:
Keeley is a strong ND commit. Bama comes in the late 3rd quarter of the recruiting cycle and offers most likely a significant NIL package in comparison. Uncle becomes the agent for said 5 star.... Wonder how the story ends.....
O'Jays Money, Money,Money playing in the background. Family member on the phone with Saint Nick screaming like Jerry McGuire "Show me the Money".

Just hate to see 17 year olds auctioned off like this but here we are. Like I said, Spades are Spades.

I'm sure the Keon will succeed wherever he goes. Just hope that it's his decision and not a blood sucking leech. Time will tell.
I'm not buying stock that NDs NIL game will compete with a lot of these other schools.
This feels like cope tbh

Dale

Reaction score
Keeley is a strong ND commit. Bama comes in the late 3rd quarter of the recruiting cycle

FWIW Keeley has already visited Bama as a ND commit 6 months ago and been included in mock classes and flip articles since then for Bama. That doesn’t match this description. A threat we didn’t take serious enough and laughed off unfortunately

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score
I think the "new family member" is scapegoat. Keon and his mom don't have to listen to him or take visits with him. They are choosing to.

Irish4life

Reaction score
FWIW Keeley has already visited Bama as a ND commit 6 months ago and been included in mock classes and flip articles since then for Bama. That doesn’t match this description. A threat we didn’t take serious enough and laughed off unfortunately
I mean, who's "we" here? Like, what does it matter what we, the fans think or do lol? I'm quite certain that the coaching staff has been aware that Keeley has had an interest in Bama. And look, if the kid decides that going to the school that has won 6 national titles in the last 14 years, and sent a ton of players (particularly defensive players) to the NFL is more appealing than joining Freeman's first class at ND.....only thing ND can do is have viable, good options to flip themselves. (Should Keeley in fact flip).

Dale

Reaction score
I mean, who's "we" here? Like, what does it matter what we, the fans think or do lol? I'm quite certain that the coaching staff has been aware that Keeley has had an interest in Bama. And look, if the kid decides that going to the school that has won 6 national titles in the last 14 years, and sent a ton of players (particularly defensive players) to the NFL is more appealing than joining Freeman's first class at ND.....only thing ND can do is have viable, good options to flip themselves. (Should Keeley in fact flip).

Yes we as in the fans and never said it mattered or impacted the recruitment

Dale

Reaction score
I do believe arahop may be on the right track from what has been posted recently, the uncle comment was just wildly unnecessary. Loy’s inference that ND is just gonna cut ties if he decommits points to a level of fed up that this is the turn it’s going to take again, a la Dante Moore. There’s also been mention of what those around Keeley want and it definitely isn’t Mom that is the issue. I believe part of the only reason ND has any confidence in keeping Keeley and Bowen is Mom actually.

Irish4life

Reaction score
Go read Bucknuts 247. Their head writer is reporting it. The auction is commencing for this kid.
The reporting from Bucknuts is that it wouldn't be a "big surprise" if Keeley wound up at Bama, but that most of the people in Keeley's circle and at his school are pro-Notre Dame and want him at Notre Dame. Also mentions OSU is trying to get him to visit for the OSU/ND game. FWIW, if he takes an unofficial to OSU for that game I'd no longer consider him committed to ND.

Dale

Reaction score
I do believe arahop may be on the right track from what has been posted recently, the uncle comment was just wildly unnecessary. Loy’s inference that ND is just gonna cut ties if he decommits points to a level of fed up that this is the turn it’s going to take again, a la Dante Moore. There’s also been mention of what those around Keeley want and it definitely isn’t Mom that is the issue. I believe part of the only reason ND has any confidence in keeping Keeley and Bowen is Mom actually.

My guess is uncle, whoever around Keeley has convinced Keon, his original circle that Keon made a mistake not visiting places ($) and fall visits is just good business. They are likely telling ND that doesn’t mean he won’t come. ND may think they already know this ending and continuing to go down that path is a ride they don’t feel like taking if Keon believes he truly wants ND in the end.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone on paid sites has been pretty transparent since the visit was announced that he has a “person close to the family” that is pushing all of this and the NIL pay day. It’s been common forever to have “handlers” and “street agents” taking a cut. Now it’s legalized and encouraged for these people to line their own pockets. Some agents are taking an absurd 30% cut on NIL deals.

In my opinion, he and the family are more on board with it than maybe what is being relayed. I do think ND will have a chance to hold onto him, but my expectation would be that he takes whatever the best package is that’s on the table at the end of the cycle.

NDdomer2

Local Sports vBookie
Reaction score
The reporting from Bucknuts is that it wouldn't be a "big surprise" if Keeley wound up at Bama, but that most of the people in Keeley's circle and at his school are pro-Notre Dame and want him at Notre Dame. Also mentions OSU is trying to get him to visit for the OSU/ND game. FWIW, if he takes an unofficial to OSU for that game I'd no longer consider him committed to ND.

Lol vs taking a visit to Bama that caught the staff with their pants down?

jprue24

Reaction score
hearing from a friend Sounds like Keeley wants to take visits into the fall. ND said they will move onto other kids and his spot might not be there . Sounds like there is another Uncle trying to come in and play Dad all if the sudden. Why is it always the Uncle of 5 stars that come in like a shark out of water. It's a cultural thing in my eyes. Uncle's in the Black and Brown community always swooping in. Wonder what the Uncle does for a living and what gives him wisdom to take his nephew through this decision. Wonder where the Uncle went to college. Good grief.

Timeline synopsis:

I'm glad you capitalized "Spades" so there is no confusion about your meaning.

You and your not so subtle racism can fuck right the fuck off.

Redbar

Reaction score
No one is doubting that there may in fact be a new player in Keon’s recruitment. At the same time the commentary about the “black and brown community” is condescending and unnecessary. The “spade is a spade is a spade” is just really bad dog whistling.

T-Boone

Reaction score
Every kid who goes to Bama I basically hope gets stuck with Saban retiring and a dud coach taking his place and then Bama flops and so on.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
The past 11 likes on Twitter for the past week are 100% Bama posts. I’ve said it before, you don’t need to listen to Driskell, Loy, Singer to figure out what a kid is leaning into or what he’s going to ultimately do. The kid tells you, you just have to listen.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score

What if he takes a stroll to the other side of the field during the game? lol

NDFAN2008

Reaction score
The past 11 likes on Twitter for the past week are 100% Bama posts. I’ve said it before, you don’t need to listen to Driskell, Loy, Singer to figure out what a kid is leaning into or what he’s going to ultimately do. The kid tells you, you just have to listen.
Agree 100% even Bowen liked the Edwards comittment. Keon did like a bunch of ND stuff about a week ago. So it's a tough read right now, his best friend is going to ND so we have that going for us. Let's just hope Freeman can close once in homes happen.

IrishFanForever23

Reaction score
Not just him. Momma is the same lately.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
Not just him. Momma is the same lately.

Lose Keeley we drop to 284. That still puts us at #2 class and still 3 points above Ohio State. There’s got to be a 4 star DE out there to flip. I say don’t wait. Brig him in. If Keeley sticks, which I doubt, just a deeper room.

IHateMarkMay

IHateDavidPollackToo
Reaction score
Lose Keeley we drop to 284. That still puts us at #2 class and still 3 points above Ohio State. There’s got to be a 4 star DE out there to flip. I say don’t wait. Brig him in. If Keeley sticks, which I doubt, just a deeper room.
Nah man, if ND cuts ties with a five star in '23, we replace with a five star in '24...

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
hearing from a friend Sounds like Keeley wants to take visits into the fall. ND said they will move onto other kids and his spot might not be there . Sounds like there is another Uncle trying to come in and play Dad all if the sudden. Why is it always the Uncle of 5 stars that come in like a shark out of water. It's a cultural thing in my eyes. Uncle's in the Black and Brown community always swooping in. Wonder what the Uncle does for a living and what gives him wisdom to take his nephew through this decision. Wonder where the Uncle went to college. Good grief.
Big yikes, dude.

nin05

Dirty Used Car Salesman
Reaction score
Agree 100% even Bowen liked the Edwards comittment. Keon did like a bunch of ND stuff about a week ago. So it's a tough read right now, his best friend is going to ND so we have that going for us. Let's just hope Freeman can close once in homes happen.

It's curious that CJ Carr hasn't been all over him? He seems to be our best cheerleader along with Drayk Bowen. It's quiet from the ND side...

T Town Tommy

Alabama Bag Man
Reaction score
If Bama loses out on Kelby Collins to Fla then I think Saban will rachet up the heat to try and flip Keeley. The DL class this year in the state is loaded but Collins would make the second high profile player to go somewhere else (Woods to Clemson). Guess even Bama isn’t immune to the what recruiting has become.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
It's curious that CJ Carr hasn't been all over him? He seems to be our best cheerleader along with Drayk Bowen. It's quiet from the ND side...

Been very quiet from our recruits towards him in general. Bama kids are all over him like white on rice. Maybe they see the writing in the wall too. At some point, it gets exhausting begging a kid, particularly when you’re a kid that’s going to be in that locker room and you are in love with ND, even when he’s a 5 star.

NDMD

Reaction score
If Bama loses out on Kelby Collins to Fla then I think Saban will rachet up the heat to try and flip Keeley. The DL class this year in the state is loaded but Collins would make the second high profile player to go somewhere else (Woods to Clemson). Guess even Bama isn’t immune to the what recruiting has become.

What's the current temp on Collins from the Bama side?