'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Offer)

NDLS_USMC

Reaction score
Wait what? You can't be serious? You really think this only happens in the black and brown communities? A cultural thing? My man. Please tell me you just forgot to put that part in italics.
He must have meant any culture which recognizes a shared currency used in the exchange of goods and services. Black and brown being used as ink colors in the printing of such currencies.

MacIrish75

Tier 6 Dogshit Poster
Reaction score
hearing from a friend Sounds like Keeley wants to take visits into the fall. ND said they will move onto other kids and his spot might not be there . Sounds like there is another Uncle trying to come in and play Dad all if the sudden. Why is it always the Uncle of 5 stars that come in like a shark out of water. It's a cultural thing in my eyes. Uncle's in the Black and Brown community always swooping in. Wonder what the Uncle does for a living and what gives him wisdom to take his nephew through this decision. Wonder where the Uncle went to college. Good grief.
2B94DB29-166F-4656-886E-66F8B7481753.jpeg

ND88

Reaction score
hearing from a friend Sounds like Keeley wants to take visits into the fall. ND said they will move onto other kids and his spot might not be there . Sounds like there is another Uncle trying to come in and play Dad all if the sudden. Why is it always the Uncle of 5 stars that come in like a shark out of water. It's a cultural thing in my eyes. Uncle's in the Black and Brown community always swooping in. Wonder what the Uncle does for a living and what gives him wisdom to take his nephew through this decision. Wonder where the Uncle went to college. Good grief.
If there is a generalization to make regarding familial figures who influence recruits, socioeconomic is likely the more accurate arena. Whereas families in better financial positions can afford to encourage prospective collegiate athletes to choose the school of their liking, some families in more difficult straits turn to the greater immediate benefits. This, of course, is a generalization because many families in difficult economic situations also prioritize education depending on their worldview. But whether the value is placed on education, money, or both, it remains that many families in this country are living on the edge of the immediate (pay-check to pay-check). If there is any culture to discuss regarding the lure of bigger payouts, it would be the effects of capitalism.

But none of this has to do with Keon, because we aren’t privy to these details. So if an uncle is involved, it’s best not to jump to conclusions, because we don’t really know what is going on. If it was Texas A&M, I would be more inclined to say this is likely more about money. We are going up against Alabama. They have the accolades to back up the bag, so yea, they are going to be a threat until that pen hits the paper.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
The issue of "uncles in the Black and Brown community" aside, Keeley's mom basically already said he's probably taking more visits in the fall, didn't she? And yeah we're not giving away his spot.

NorthDakota

Grandson of Loomis
Reaction score
The thing is, he knows he has a spot. He's a top 5-10 player. I'll leave it to the coaches to know how to handle it.

INLaw

Reaction score
Will recruit him and other vypers and if others commit he would still have a spot found for him. May not be fair but is what it is. We need him more than they may think they need us.

Redbar

Reaction score
Sincerely hope no one from the Keeley family reads this. Hard not to take that in a condescending way. Some people should keep their inner monologues to themselves.

irishandy

Reaction score
Sincerely hope no one from the Keeley family reads this. Hard not to take that in a condescending way. Some people should keep their inner monologues to themselves.
This is perfectly said, a few people in this thread need to respect Keon's decision of taking visits. Hopefully he remembers why he committed to Notre Dame in the first place. This is going to be a recruiting battle for Freeman and his staff. I hope he can keep him committed, Freeman is not going to forget to recruit overnight, it is going to be a recruiting battle.

ND will not give his spot up...if you believe that get off this board.

ThePiombino

The OG "TP"
Reaction score
This doesn't end well. ND has the means, but simply lacks the desire to compete in the NIL arms race era. And for all you folks suggesting this isn't about $$$ because "it's Bama" and not A&M, Oregon, Miami, etc - get your head out of your ass. Saban didn't just find out a week ago who Keeley is. It's pretty clear to me that Bama's boosters finally got the message and are now stepping up to the plate. You think the recent shift in recruiting momentum for them is just coincidence? Wake up.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

rtrn2glory

Reaction score
I'd bring another guy in to take his spot and simply start recruiting him as best available too ensure we don't end up screwed up numbers wise at the position. Expect the worst and hope for the best

ND88

Reaction score
This doesn't end well. ND has the means, but simply lacks the desire to compete in the NIL arms race era. And for all you folks suggesting this isn't about $$$ because "it's Bama" and not A&M, Oregon, Miami, etc - get your head out of your ass. Saban didn't just find out a week ago who Keeley is. It's pretty clear to me that Bama's boosters finally got the message and are now stepping up to the plate. You think the recent shift in recruiting momentum for them is just coincidence? Wake up.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
It’s not unreasonable to think it’s both: money and prestige. Citing that Alabama is at the top of the food chain doesn’t mean people are sleeping on the fact that boosters are dropping bags. Alabama has greater acclaim than those other programs you listed.

irishandy

Reaction score
If it is all about the bags of $$ why hasn't he decommitted? If it's all about the bags of $$ why is he visiting OSU who just lost a commit to Bama.

I get why Bama is after him and what they have to offer; I am not sleeping on Bama.

Instead of it coming down to the $$ I wish it were these other schools are late to the party.

If signing day were tomorrow...I think Keon would sign with ND.

Dale

Reaction score
If it is all about the bags of $$ why hasn't he decommitted? If it's all about the bags of $$ why is he visiting OSU who just lost a commit to Bama.

I get why Bama is after him and what they have to offer; I am not sleeping on Bama.

Instead of it coming down to the $$ I wish it were these other schools are late to the party.

If signing day were tomorrow...I think Keon would sign with ND.

The vibe I’ve gotten from the sites is Keon is NIL related. Bowen is much more a local pressure, close to home thing.

Gold1

Reaction score
I can never take anyone seriously if they can't spell players that are on the roster right. Is what it is... sorry not sorry lol
Noticed the error just as I hit post, but was too late. Your reply hurt, it really did. lol
How will I ever get over it?

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
It’s not unreasonable to think it’s both: money and prestige. Citing that Alabama is at the top of the food chain doesn’t mean people are sleeping on the fact that boosters are dropping bags. Alabama has greater acclaim than those other programs you listed.
Yep.

If Keon visits Miami, or Oregon or A&M or Tennessee, then I'll start to think he's just after the bag. But Bama is Bama, bag or no, and most kids would listen if Saban came calling. That actually gives me some measure of confidence here. He chose Notre Dame for reasons that weren't about that upfront cash money. Those reasons are still there. We need to make a competitive NIL pitch, yes, but there's no sign he's just shopping himself to the highest bidder. He's smarter than that.

Irish4life

Reaction score
Yep.

If Keon visits Miami, or Oregon or A&M or Tennessee, then I'll start to think he's just after the bag. But Bama is Bama, bag or no, and most kids would listen if Saban came calling. That actually gives me some measure of confidence here. He chose Notre Dame for reasons that weren't about that upfront cash money. Those reasons are still there. We need to make a competitive NIL pitch, yes, but there's no sign he's just shopping himself to the highest bidder. He's smarter than that.
If he sticks with ND he will make a ton of money in NIL, it just won't be negotiated until after he signs an LOI