'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Offer)

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
One has to think what all these newbies would've said during the 2011 crazy recruitment of Lynch, Tuitt, and Williams.

Take a deep breath.....
P.S. Peyton Bowen visited OU again.
Yep, no sense in getting too emotionally invested. It’s not going to sway a recruits decision.

Reaper97

Reaction score
I will put this in the Bowen & Keeley threads…
But according to IB, they ND staff have communicated with the recruits after their visits, before the dead period started.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score

Mom interview with BOL and not Keon is interesting
Does he talk much? When Pete Sampson did that big profile of him in The Athletic a couple months back, Keeley was not doing any press at the time. Pete talked w/his mom and coaches and the Reader family and even watched him practice but Keon himself was never quoted. He doesn't look all that into social media either. Just the occasional post, almost all of them involving Notre Dame (except the time Saban came to his high school...)

dublinirish

Everestt Gholstonson
Reaction score
Does he talk much? When Pete Sampson did that big profile of him in The Athletic a couple months back, Keeley was not doing any press at the time. Pete talked w/his mom and coaches and the Reader family and even watched him practice but Keon himself was never quoted. He doesn't look all that into social media either. Just the occasional post, almost all of them involving Notre Dame (except the time Saban came to his high school...)
at that time Keeley was banned by his HS coaches from being interviewed

JerryRice1983

Reaction score
This Kid is good and gone. May the highest bidder win.,
Between Keeley and Bowen I think Keeley sticks with ND. Although I think Drayk Bowen would be a voice in keeping Keeley & P. Bowen committed to this class.
ND better be looking for Keeley replacement...... This situation will come down to the final hour. As of right now, this kid got 1 foot in and 1 foot out.

notredomer23

Staph Member
Reaction score
His family. If ND is serious about winning, They will do what they need to do to keep this Kid. OL/DL is where ND needs to improve on if they wanna compete with Bama and Georgia. Its not like Alabama recruiting 5 star Backs over there every year.

giphy.gif

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
His family. If ND is serious about winning, They will do what they need to do to keep this Kid. OL/DL is where ND needs to improve on if they wanna compete with Bama and Georgia. Its not like Alabama recruiting 5 star Backs over there every year.
You seem to have good sources in the Florida recruiting world - so no disrespect and agree we should pull out all the stops to keep Keeley in the fold. But do you watch much Notre Dame football? OL and DL are the best units on the team lately.

JerryRice1983

Reaction score
You seem to have good sources in the Florida recruiting world - so no disrespect and agree we should pull out all the stops to keep Keeley in the fold. But do you watch much Notre Dame football? OL and DL are the best units on the team lately.
I watch ND football and that OL struggled often last season. DL was up and down. Neither unit was dominant.

JerryRice1983

Reaction score
Same descriptor could be use for Alabama last year.

The difference is Bryce Young and Jameson Williams overshadowed it, Jack Coan and Kevin Austin didn’t.
I mean Alabama was won with lesser talent at the QB position before. Front 7 on defense and OL has been dominant over the years. Look at how they dominant ND in NC game. I wanted ND to win that game so bad.

HouseofPain

Reaction score
I mean, it's Alabama. They do have a lot to offer. Not least of which you're competing with the best of the best every day in practice, and nothing's going to make you better and prepare you for the NFL like that.
That said, everything you say is true. And - while it's hard to really tell from the outside - Keeley feels like the sort of kid who'll appreciate what Notre Dame has to offer. Bowen's mom does as well. The question is whether Peyton does, enough to overcome the friends/comfort level of sticking closer to home, it seems like.

Gotta ask on this.

GA 2017 13-2, 2018 11-3, 2019 12-2, 2020 8-2, 2021 14-1 (58-10)

ND 2017 10-3, 2018 12-1, 2019 11-2, 2020 10-2, 2021 11-2 (54-10)

Not seeing much a difference here. It isnt like GA is playing heads and shoulders better competition with the exception being the Bama game. Georgia plays its share of schedule padders every year. Yes GA won a NC but not seeing where they are been any better record wise.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
I watch ND football and that OL struggled often last season. DL was up and down. Neither unit was dominant.
Yes last year our OL was bumpy for sure, especially in the first half of the season.
But over the last five or so years the model that has worked best for Notre Dame (much as it long did for Bama) is to build great lines and go out from there, and that has been pretty successful. Can those units be better? Of course. Always. And Keeley would sure help. But odd to focus on that as the differentiator when you think about, for instance, our anemic WR room, or the situation at cornerback a lot of the last few seasons.

benneboy

Reaction score
We replaced a lot of pieces there. ND has been as good on the OL as any program in the country the last decade.

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Per Loy's update, Freeman and company have and will continue to recruit Keeley and Bowen as if they aren't committed.

These two won't get away without a fight. Bama has the titles, but I think when it comes to being a salesman Freeman has way more personality than Saban.

CanadalovesND

Reaction score
Citing contacts in the Tampa Area, and impressions of his Alabama visit, Andrew Ivins believes Alabama is the team to beat.

No CB as of now, but he feels Keeley ends up in the Tide’s recruiting class.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Citing contacts in the Tampa Area, and impressions of his Alabama visit, Andrew Ivins believes Alabama is the team to beat.

No CB as of now, but he feels Keeley ends up in the Tide’s recruiting class.
That was the weakest update I’ve ever seen.
Starts of by saying Bama is the team to beat. But later says Bama is a team to watch out for.
Says pictures of Keeley grilling at the stadium are somehow an indicator?

He doesn’t know anything. “Contacts around Tampa…”
Who?

He has literally know clue what is happening, he is just assuming & sounding like a fan on a message board.
His entire quote was just speculation.

Veritate Duce Progredi

A man gotta have a code
Reaction score
Did Bama and Georgia also have to play their 4th string LT last year? Or break in 2 different freshman. Last year was the anomaly for ND. You could've pointed at so many areas that ND has to get better to win a Natty but OL/DL, at least in the past 3-5 seasons, has not been the issue.