'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Offer)

SouthSideChiDomer

Reaction score
at the end of the day the Reader family and their friendships/ties obviously pointed Keeley towards ND, hes probably realizing now though he needs to do what is best for him
The thing is, Alabama probably ISN'T whats best for him. Pass rushing DEs is like the one position Saban really hasn't developed at Alabama. Plenty of LBs and DTs and maybe an occasional big end, but no one really with Keeley's profile.

IRISHMAN

Reaction score
The thing is, Alabama probably ISN'T whats best for him. Pass rushing DEs is like the one position Saban really hasn't developed at Alabama. Plenty of LBs and DTs and maybe an occasional big end, but no one really with Keeley's profile.
yeah it seems like all bamas DL are asked to do is defend the run and eat up blocks to the LBs can run and make plays.

Reaper97

Reaction score
I find it interesting the update says that Keeley has “someone new involved in his recruitment…but all the people around him are 100% ND.”
What recruitment? It’s supposed to be over.
Why is the family even entertaining this if they are 100% for ND?
Seems very contradictory?

TheRealLynch51

Reaction score
I still feel ok about this. He's an ND kid personality wise, so I don't think an unofficial to Bama is going to end in a flip. Plus the update from one of the Bama staff members is a lot more realistic about their chances. "He's an ND commit, but he's open to hearing about Bama."

FightingIrishLover7

All troll, no substance
Reaction score
I find it interesting the update says that Keeley has “someone new involved in his recruitment…but all the people around him are 100% ND.”
What recruitment? It’s supposed to be over.
Why is the family even entertaining this if they are 100% for ND?
Seems very contradictory?
Recruiting is never over until ESD/NSD, regardless of the player.
This isn't new.

Reaper97

Reaction score
Recruiting is never over until ESD/NSD, regardless of the player.
This isn't new.
I’m aware of that.
My point was the wording of the interview.
It’s like if you are engaged to someone, you aren’t married yet, so technically still single, but you would never say you are still in the dating process.

Reaper97

Reaction score
So when is he actually visiting?

I’ve seen today, I’ve seen Saturday, and even today through Saturday?

When’s the actual visit?

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Not that anybody cares, but Driskell said he talked to a source with ND & they aren’t worried about this visit just like they weren’t worried when he visited there & OSU in the spring.
Interestingly, he says that someone in Keeley’s family/camp is now involved in his recruitment that wasn’t before & that person wants to visit Alabama with Keon.

WTF all that means, I don’t know.
IB is trying to put the fire out, but I think it is concerning this time.
We know how that shit turns out.

I still want to have that discussion on fish sticks.

Some Irish Bloke

Five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin'
Reaction score
I was hoping the Bama stuff was smoke but with him actually visiting, I agree with the masses. This one seems over. Trending in the wrong direction, at the very least.

du Lac

CEO of IE
Reaction score
So anyone want to figure out where we finish with no Keeley and no Bowen, assuming Hanafin is gone?

Reaction score
Personally, my panic level here is at about a 5/10.
This is exactly where I’m at. How can anyone be positive of what’s going to happen when even Keon might not know?

That’s not me saying he definitively sticks. But we’ll just have to ride this out and try not to worry about the things we can’t control.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
It's called, "a handler"
Or "blood sucking leech" or "street agent" or now just "agent."

Some of the "representation" these days is taking 30% cuts on NIL deals and just pushing kids to sign whatever has the biggest guaranteed $$ up front.

Irish4life

Reaction score
With instant transfers, it ain't even over at that point. Just ask Pittsburgh.
Maybe I'm a little naive here, but I'm confident that ND will not have the same issues with the portal that a Pitt would.

Irish4life

Reaction score
This is exactly where I’m at. How can anyone be positive of what’s going to happen when even Keon might not know?

That’s not me saying he definitively sticks. But we’ll just have to ride this out and try not to worry about the things we can’t control.
Only thing ND can do here is trust what the kid and his family tell them, and continue to recruit at the position....just in case. Seems like they're doing a good job of both at this point.

IrishLax

Something Witty
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a little naive here, but I'm confident that ND will not have the same issues with the portal that a Pitt would.
True, and ND is doing a very good job of taking care of players on the team, but I still think that highly touted freshmen that aren't playing will be targeted via tampering and basically every school and no one is going to be immune unless they've locked them in to an NIL deal that they can't break.

Irish4life

Reaction score
True, and ND is doing a very good job of taking care of players on the team, but I still think that highly touted freshmen that aren't playing will be targeted via tampering and basically every school and no one is going to be immune unless they've locked them in to an NIL deal that they can't break.
I don't disagree completely...but I guess my point is that if Addison was at ND not Pitt, he'd still be at ND entering this season.

irish o'phile

Reaction score
Didn’t his mom tweet something a while back about a million dollar NIL offer potentially changing things?