'23 FL DE Keon Keeley (Offer)

irishandy

Reaction score
If BK were still the coach I could see Keeley flipping.

I think Keeley and Freeman have a great relationship and Freeman would recruit his ass off to keep him in the class.

irishandy

Reaction score
Saban realized NIL allows them to wait until later to figure out the class and let players develop more, and then crush everyone else's hopes and dreams by taking all of their best players.
I think this is how Saban/Alabama has always recruited. They pop up in the top 5 closer to signing day. Currently on 247 they are not in the top 10.

Irishdrunk

Smartest Guy in the Room
Reaction score
I am banking on Freeman on this one. Keeley stays. I think we will face this with all 5 stars at our program. Bowen may be more of a concern.

But I say screw all these external bloggers speculating. Unless its an ND site, forget it. Garbage.

ND88

Reaction score
I was going to ask…if Keeley was secretly talking to Bama, wouldn’t ND’s coaches be the last to know?
It depends on the character of the kid. Based on everything known to date about him and his motives, I don’t think Keeley would be this deceptive with Coach Freeman.

Blazers46

My adjectives are wise, brilliant and handsome.
Reaction score
Saban goes on vacation all summer and then wakes up one morning to start recruiting....

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Some people's lives are so sad that I get a charity tax break for hanging out with them. Give your balls a tug.

Should be getting a big fucking refund for moderating this board.
So you were moderating a sports forum with your buds the other daaayyyy....

Last edited:

Cackalacky2.0

Specimen
Reaction score
Saban realized NIL allows them to wait until later to figure out the class and let players develop more, and then crush everyone else's hopes and dreams by taking all of their best players.
Saban realized he could use NIL to augment the already extant and extensive bagmen network

laughingirish90

Reaction score
Ryan and Driskell talked about this on the irish breakdown show today and basically said that this is just click bait stuff by sites for other schools that want him and that they aren't worried about him not being in this class

Irish#1

Livin' Your Dream!
Reaction score
Keeley committed under Kelly and stuck by us through the whole thing. He was the first guy in the class! It's easy to circle him as the most likely to flip based on his ranking. But just personality-wise, I've never seen him flipping.
Read between the lines.

KizerWilhelm

Reaction score
I trust Lax’ info, but the idea of trusting the staff/sites on this after the Moore saga is kind of ridiculous.

The sites are very good at reporting on what Notre Dame is being told, but quite bad at reading warning signs and judging that the staff is just wrong about something. That's just the nature of the biz: to say "I think ND is being played here" or "I think this teenager could be lying" destroys relationships and imperils the access they need to maintain to actually do their job.

The Amorion Walker recruitment is a better example than Moore.

Domina Nostra

Reaction score
The sites are very good at reporting on what Notre Dame is being told, but quite bad at reading warning signs and judging that the staff is just wrong about something. That's just the nature of the biz: to say "I think ND is being played here" or "I think this teenager could be lying" destroys relationships and imperils the access they need to maintain to actually do their job.

The Amorion Walker recruitment is a better example than Moore.

Exactly.

Domina Nostra

Reaction score
Still go back to this kid committed over a year ago. He's been through coaching changes and reaffirmed his commitment. Really would be shocking if he flipped at this point.

I disagree. While it would not be surprising if he stuck, and he has not given any indication that he is looking around, it would hardly be "shocking" for the best WDE in the country to flip. Very few kids will be more pursued or given more opportunities to do so than him.

I sure hope he doesn't because he and his family seem great.

stlnd01

Was away. Now returned.
Reaction score
I disagree. While it would not be surprising if he stuck, and he has not given any indication that he is looking around, it would hardly be "shocking" for the best WDE in the country to flip. Very few kids will be more pursued or given more opportunities to do so than him.

I sure hope he doesn't because he and his family seem great.
Recruits who are looking around usually give indications though.

Yes Keeley visited Ohio State and went to, what, a Junior Day at Bama several months ago. But if he’s going to suddenly flip its some clandestine skullduggery going on and like you said he doesn’t really seem that type.